Hows everyone preparing for serv first 90?

Achievements
I'm getting all the tb dailies done and got a pack of red bull but what does everyone do to REALLY cut their time down?
a 'pack' of redbull wont do anything i have a case of monster, FAST food on speed dial on my cell and of course u needa pee cup! LOL jk on the pee cup
if you plan on drinking caffeinated garbage like that, you should probably get a pee cup.

also fast food is no good for this kind of grind.
I'm stocking up on healthy foods outside the chinese food we're obviously ordering in the night before.

Flask/Pot grind.
Daily grind.
Food Grind.

I'm probably not going for server first just because I'm not in a situation IRL where I can manage it but I've done longer gaming sessions and can guarantee Red Bull is the last thing you'll want to drink.
You'll crash or get extremely ill if you decide to chain drink them for the 16+ hour grind.

If you feel caffiene will help use tea and drink it in intervals through the night. Every hour or so. However - Keep a large stock of juices and waters beside you as well.
Water > Juice

also fast food is no good for this kind of grind.

This this this this this.

Keep ample supply of nutrient rich food with you.
Something that digests slowly.

Again - I'm ordering in Chinese food but the place is actually really well made. Not greasy or anything.

Chow-Mein with Chicken and Veggies
Sweet and Sour Pork
Ginger Beef

Tons of those bottled green tea drinks.

My boyfriend will be popping by with something to eat for lunch probably too because he's freakin' awesome like that. Probably some supermarket sushi or something.
Nothing. Leveling at my own pace this time since I ended up waiting 2-3 days for everyone to hit 85 for heroics.
I realize I probably won't get it, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. If I can get guild first 90, I'll be happy with that. :-) Like the idea about the daily quests. I hadn't thought of that. I'll be coming home from work Monday, eating some dinner, and then probably going to bed. I figure I'll get up about 30 minutes before the switch over. Past that, just bought my traveler's tundra mammoth tonight, stocked up on flasks, food, potions, etc... Hit lvl 90 on the beta, so I've got an idea of what's out there.

Just gonna have some non-stop marathon leveling fun.
Estimated time for hitting 90 is 12 - 18 hours average (beta tested). You don't need to buy a two days worth of meals unless you are going to level ultra slow but 48 hours straight :P

I personally won't get the realm first hunter or warlock, since people I know in my guild are going for those, so I am personally going to help my 5 man group get realm firsts.

-Get well rested physically before the launch
-6 Monsters
-Food I don't have to worry about, since my maid got that covered.
-2 weeks off work
-2000 potions to use on CD, should last around 12.5 hours.
-Flasks, meta gems, gems, enchant scrolls.
-New headset, going to use my desktop and 2 macbook pros incase I need to mail myself whatever.
-Set up 5 like minded, geared-skilled-dedicated realm first players within same guild for popping banners.
09/19/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Ginatonic
2000 potions to use on CD, should last around 12.5 hours.

Don't they have a 1 minute cooldown? 2,000 minutes is quite a bit more than 12.5 hours.

I'm not really doing much to prepare.

-1,000 potions
-20 flasks
-cleared bags + bank
-Leveling 85-86 on beta one last time to get quests down.

All of this is most likely overkill. I got 85 (druid) when the second place druid was only halfway through 83. But, better safe than sorry.
09/19/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Amlas
You can tell who the amateurs are by their choice of energy drink, i.e. monster or redbull. To be truly hardcore you must drink redline energy drink, though don't blame me if you die.

I don't really need the energy drink since the release is 4 PM my time. Besides, Monster works for me lol, go nuts on vent.

2000 potions to use on CD, should last around 12.5 hours.

Don't they have a 1 minute cooldown? 2,000 minutes is quite a bit more than 12.5 hours.

I'm not really doing much to prepare.

-1,000 potions
-20 flasks
-cleared bags + bank
-Leveling 85-86 on beta one last time to get quests down.

All of this is most likely overkill. I got 85 (druid) when the second place druid was only halfway through 83. But, better safe than sorry.

Well it's a little crazy competitive on my server :s

Did you cap honor/JP?

Anybody try 5 man dungeon crawl all the way? With BiS gear and full raid buffs covered.
Don't forget to to do 25 dalies on Monday and turn them in on Tuesday. That should be worth a nice chunk of experience right off the bat

I'm not sure if that's worth doing. Dailies are pretty spread out. Taking the time to turn them in would put you 3~ minutes behind everyone going to the new zone.

Then you could get stuck behind the crowd, waiting for respawns. Guess it's a gamble. I'm just going to rush to the new zones and get ahead of people as fast as possible.

09/19/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Ginatonic
Did you cap honor/JP?

Yep, got 'em both capped.
You can turn in 18 dailies in TB at once, leaving only 7 more to be done elsewhere.

Personally, I'll be logged out in Molten Front with 7 completed dailies; I can turn them in, use the TB tabard to port there and turn those in, then take the port to Org and get started in Jade Forest. Total time: 2-3 mins max for a nice starting chunk of XP.

Edit: Now that I think about it, you may be able to do all 25 at TB if you pick them up over several days this week. (12 from the pvp zone itself, the rest from the rotating dailies on the peninsula).
I'm not. Think I'm going to run around doing pet battles for the 1st few days/week till stuff dies down a little in new zones then hopefully take leveled pets into the new zones with me to take on critters i run across as I level.

Seems simple but I'm sure there's be some problem with my plan =(
I was under the impression Blizz had counter-measures for this kind of plan, something along the lines of "any quests in your quest log after the server restart will award exactly the same reward before the server restart" so if the dailys say 16g & 0 exp, thats all you get. Only quests newly aquired and completed after the restart will award exp.

Will be interested to hear in a few days what the go with all your saved quests was.

Oh, this memory comes from the end of BC so its accuracy may not be 100%.
It worked for WotLK -> Cata. They took me halfway through lvl 80 within a couple minutes of the server coming up.
stocking up on apples brah
Water walking pots, movement speed pots, living action pots, invisibility pots, health pots, water-breathing pots, swim speed pots, Noggenfogger pots (for slowfall, sometimes the quickest way from A to B is jump!), drums of speed, drums of panic, guild banners, Baby Spice (to deal with those idiots standing mammoths on quest givers), flasks, TB dailies plus Org cooking/fishing dailies.

3 jars of coffee, multiple forms of snacks, readjusting my sleeping pattern to wake up around 11pm PDT (it's only 16ish hrs estimated, if you've just gotten up you're not going to need much to keep you awake!) and I intend to have a nice big BACON based breakfast leading up to the release. BACON IS THE FOOD OF CHAMPIONS!
I completed 25 dailies on the beta. It took me 1 minute and 46 seconds to turn in all 25 and then get to Stormwind.

It's 69k experience per quest, so 1.7million for 25, which is 13% of the level. Definitely worth doing.

09/23/2012 04:24 AMPosted by Katzbalger
readjusting my sleeping pattern to wake up around 11pm PDT

I woke up at 11am today.. Gotta stay up 26~ hours to do this.
Cap honor/JP, do your 25 dailies and make sure you have non-fatty healthy foods like fruits to eat. Call in sick for work and skip class.

-If you really want to get fancy ( especially if you are leveling in dungeons with your guildmates), then you should buy guild banners and use them.

- You can also bring potions/flasks, but I found the use of them minimal at best on my last two escapades to be realm first.

- Make sure you have some form of movement speed. The enchant on the boots will save you more time than you know.

- Clean out your bags/bank. More room in the bags means less time at the vendor

- If you are going for realm first 90, it might not be worth your time to even loot the mobs. I had a friend do this as he and I were competing, and he managed to finish a few bars of experience ahead of me.

-Rest plenty today and tomorrow. You'll need it if you expect to play for 15 hours straight without growing weary and tired.

-Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. Don't underestimate how much time you waste going back and forth to vendors.

Baby Spice (to deal with those idiots standing mammoths on quest givers)

You can bind interact with target to avoid this problem.