49s thread of Tremendous Anticipation

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
A: Black Guy

B: Cult Worshiper

DECISIONS DECISIONS
10/03/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Lailu
I supposed we could add another column which specifically states that a person needs gear runs, if you wanted to be proactive and reach out to those people.

I'm not confused, the idea is to make both 80+ and new 49's listed from the beginning =). This way we have the system as transparent as possible in order to lower the hurdles of gearing out a 49. Not only does this help the less connected 49 but it could also increase the efficiency of a main. Often times an instance can drop gear for another class for the same amount of trouble.

But the main reason is this:

By being able to put out both instance need+faction and main+faction, one sets up the opportunity to trade runs. A list of this is something that isn't available in any other bracket but should be in every. Call me optimistic but I see a huge mountain of potential here. Recap:

-Lowers barrier of entry into 49
-49's who are gearing will be able to give back right away
-80+'s are incentivized to volunteer help
-Increase the efficiency of runs (aka gas mileage, it throttles back the need for just more gas)
-A new resource that is available in no other bracket

And if someone forgets to take themselves off the list, they'll remember when they get another offer, ideally. Also, you included an ''last updated'' slot. And yes, there might be a tad more micro managing if all these things doesn't happen but i'll be there to help manage the experiment =) I wouldn't push it if I wasn't willing to do my part.
You are a pain in my !@#, but because you ran me through some dungeons last night I am at your bidding.

I have added an additional column which is labeled "Need Gear Runs". It can be selected with a yes or no, and will default to no if someone doesn't choose.

If any of you who currently have a battletag want to change it you will have to go in and edit your entry.
Something interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiyMuHuCFo4&feature=player_embedded

You wouldn't think that the bottom floats in the air essentially.. weird how gravity works.
haha thanks josh! The things we do for 49's eh?
Something interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiyMuHuCFo4&feature=player_embedded

You wouldn't think that the bottom floats in the air essentially.. weird how gravity works.

When I first read it I thought you were talking about people. Then I saw the youtube clip and realized it was slinkies (slinkys?) you were talking about.
10/03/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Lailu
I think it's important to be informed, and watching political ads on tv or from biased sources that cater to one side or the other is the worst way to get information.

You're acting like there's some kind of variation on issues that people need to decide on.

Here's what it's like:

Let's say Obama = Garrosh. All Horde (Democrat) votes for him because they are Horde.

Romney = King Varian. All Alliance (Republican) votes for him because they are Alliance.

There are very few on the fence who are truly undecided in elections. The parties are so cut and dry about what they represent.

Republicans don't like black people and Mexicans, and believe poor people are worthless leeches on society. They also like having machine guns.

Democrats represent unions and have visionary goals but are often not realistic in how to obtain them. They strive to raise taxes on the wealthy and upper class. They are notorious for compromising and backpeddling.

If you have a more accurate summary I would be interested to hear your point of view.
10/03/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Lailu
I just want to point out that if you are an American and interested in the elections you should watch the Debates tonight.

Really, if you want to actually find out who supports what, you research it on the internet. Avoid all stuff that generalizes and read what the sources are. Get the specifics.
I updated a few entries at 49pvp for people I know are looking for runs, just letting you guys know!
Goldenclaw.

I'm not going to respond, this is not a place for political discussion.

edit:

Sorry I sound like such an !@# but political discussions on a forum or in Teamspeak never turn out well.

Nothing personal bud.
All ready for tonight?

I can't play on Saturday, so we better get games.
10/04/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Mkdelta
All ready for tonight?

I'm off tomorrow so I'm ready :)
10/04/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Meenao
I updated a few entries at 49pvp for people I know are looking for runs, just letting you guys know!

Thanks J.

I did get your email and I will try to find some time to research what I actually want to do. I'll let you know it looks like a weekend where it will be too cold and wet to do much outside so i might work on twinks.
Prepare for the return of Randysavage
10/04/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Mkdelta

So is all of Juiced coming back or are you just trying to build up a big dream just to let us down like the Cowboys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IttkDYE33aU
10/04/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Mkdelta

Randysavage and Takea are in Teamspeak now.

Glad to see so many people showing up.
I'm out of town, and can't make games. I'd love to hear how they go!