Fall of Theramore and Tides of War

Story Forum
Evidently as seen in the theramore event, scenario, Jaina does not die (glad). The suspence was the one thing that kept me from going into End Time (dungeon) since I couldn't stand seeing the character being instigated so as much as to also get her blown to smitherings in the wake of trying to save theramore.

Does Jaina survive in the book as well? (I don't care about spoilers, though welcomed; just say yes or no).

At least for the sake of continuing a role in the storyline, if she is as powerful as the storyline suggest, then she could not had die so easily, as of yet.

If you think about it, wow as it is, is a very dramatic video game and story; I know, it might be why they rated it (for mature). If the film adaptation ever comes through, for the likes of it as seen in the History of Warcraft, will be another conan, mixed with night of the living dead, plus a twist of canterbury tales or the lord of the rings; and where Jaina stands among all this, hopefully not a x-man like scene where she is thought to have die in the waters and returns as an evil witch. Though Tyrande might take that place since Malfurion does not know where she is, and thought dead, with a bit of assurance she might still be alive, after hearing that she might've been swepted away in the river...
09/18/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Proudhealer
Does Jaina survive in the book as well? (I don't care about spoilers, though welcomed; just say yes or no).
Yes. The events play out a bit differently in the book, but there are no major differences.
Well there are definitely major omittances, anyway.
Oh, certainly. I'd have loved to have seen Rhonin, Pained, Marcus Jonathan, and Kinndy there (and their respective corpses in the Alliance scenario).
I dont know if anybody noticed, if you run into the castle, Kalecgos is with Jaina, does he survive too?
Yes, Kalecos survived. During the battle he was flying around in dragon form, and when he saw the zeppelin with the mana bomb he tried to destroy it but got blasted by cannonfire and fell outside the blast radius.
im confued . in the book theramore is destroyed. in game its still there and so is jaina...
09/30/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Waynei
im confued . in the book theramore is destroyed. in game its still there and so is jaina...

In game the city won't be destroyed until you do the senario, after that it will phase and the city will be a crater. the first major content patch of MoP will permenatlly change Theramore into a crater.
thank you
This brings up an interesting point. We know the End Time Jaina, 'Failed to protect her city,' and that she's somehow fragmented along with her staff. We're also now aware the Mana Bomb didn't just destroy Theramore, it destroyed it in every alternate timeline, reality, and form of existence. That portion of Dustwallow was nuked through the entire continuum, whether there was a Theramore there or not.

Of course, that's part of why it makes that such an outrageous weapon. Makes you wonder what we can expect in terms of reprisal. Maybe not all Azeroths have advanced enough mages to detect the source of that mass destruction, but the -really- advanced Azeroths certainly would, and certainly would have the means to come to ours.

That's some pretty serious food for thought.
09/18/2012 02:26 AMPosted by Vegdrasil
Oh, certainly. I'd have loved to have seen Rhonin, Pained, Marcus Jonathan, and Kinndy there (and their respective corpses in the Alliance scenario).

And if the quest designers had used the incredibly obvious and intentional references to us - the players - that are in Theramore, during its final moments (and exit stage left via the same portal Jaina ends up going through, because when Rhonin tells us to get the hell out we use common sense and listen), we might have had the chance to fight beside them.

The fact that they didn't even include the corpses in their "done this way for gameplay reasons" still irks me.
09/30/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Elenie
We're also now aware the Mana Bomb didn't just destroy Theramore, it destroyed it in every alternate timeline, reality, and form of existence

Wasn't this part speculation or does it actualy say this in the book? (I've only read the spoilers and the person who I got them from mentioned it as their interpretation of what the book said, so just want to make sure)
09/30/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Shaithiss
We're also now aware the Mana Bomb didn't just destroy Theramore, it destroyed it in every alternate timeline, reality, and form of existence

Wasn't this part speculation or does it actualy say this in the book? (I've only read the spoilers and the person who I got them from mentioned it as their interpretation of what the book said, so just want to make sure)

I haven't read the Book, but this seems to be the case, and tallies up well with the End Time instance. I'm just pondering the ramifications of the act.
Having read the book, I am quite certain that it said nothing of the sort in the book.
09/30/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Gibbons
Having read the book, I am quite certain that it said nothing of the sort in the book.

In that case, I request if anyone knows the source of this information to post it ^.^
09/30/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Elenie

I haven't read the Book, but this seems to be the case, and tallies up well with the End Time instance. I'm just pondering the ramifications of the act.

Albeit its equally plausable for Deathwing to have burned theramore to the ground/old god armies in that particular timeline. Assuming that the theory is correct though, with the information we know, I would think that that the only way for any reprisal would be through a mana bomb on their side. Ofcourse that would require them to know who dropped the bomb or even what caused it.
09/30/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Elenie

In that case, I request if anyone knows the source of this information to post it ^.^

I think someone just misread the book. There was a line in there in which there were tears in the fabric of reality around Theramore, but there was no "And all those other realities were destroyed too."

Think of it more like Theramore became a mini-Netherstorm zone like in Outland. Luckily, it will probably recover since Azeroth is more stable than Outland and there's not Manaforges consistently added to the damage, but it's still pretty horrible right now.
Wasn't it Baine's point of view when the whole ''dementional destruction'' was stated?
Well, as I mentionned in a thread in the past, the whole thing started from Scrolls of Lore, when someone theorized that the tears in reality and the fact that you could see through alternate realities meant that they were affected the same way our Theramore was. Since no one had the book atm, the theory spread very quickly as the most 'popular' on the forums.

With more people having read the book, its evident that every alternate realities and timelines were not destroyed. However, it doesn't mean that they weren't affected. Arcane anomalies will probably be seen in those Theramores, and there is the possibility that some realities also suffered more damage, but as of right now, no definite proof.