Server Imbalance - Sargeras' Horde is Barren

Sargeras
The problem is that their is little that the individual players or guilds on these servers can do to correct such a massive server imbalance.

Horde is outnumbered...what...10:1? 20:1? The simple act of having affordable stuff on the AH and a pleasent group of players will do little to correct that. You might get a bare handful of Ally players to transfer over, and maybe get a few Horde players to stay...but that's about it. You won't get the thousands you need.

This falls to Blizzard. Merging servers, offering free moves to low pop factions/realms, incentives to roll on those realms (double xp, higher rewards for heroics, say)...stuff like that just might have an impact.

In truth, I don't expect them to do much of anything, at least not until the game's numbers start to dwindle. Maybe then we'll start to see some server merging. CRZ seems to be their bandaid.
09/19/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Diablous
CRZ seems to be their bandaid.

CRZ won't do anything unless they allow Cross Server current raids and Cross Battlegroup arenas. Because hey! now durotar isn't as lonly with CRZ but if I find some decent Death knight I liked dueling and we did a Random BG and it twaz cool but we can't arena. Same with raiders.

CRZ seems to almost be teasing you, its like "Here are other people from other good servers you can duel them and see them anad you'll be less lonly but you can't play with them outside of ol' lfg/random bgs/scenarios.

I think the best fix is to offer like 3 or 5 dollar faction transfers and hopefully a group of friends trying to start fresh for MoP will take up on that offer and maybe other people and hopefully if some people go it will trend back over here. I mean Horde and Alliance were even until the Beginging-Middle of Wrath so...why did people transfer in the first place? Exactly.

I think making Cross Battlegroup arenas is a good thing to do as well. However if they do pull the trigger and make current raiding content cross server than they might as well make guilds freaking cross server to at that point. But than what the hell is the point of even having servers.

I honestly havn't had a huge issue with out imbalance anyway. There was only 1 or 2 nights were we had to call a raid because we spent like 30 minutes trying to pug 2 dps or a dps and a healer or somthing and couldn't. I still am able to find arena partners every season and I still am able to have fun playing with awesome people even If I don't get super high rated. We win Tol Barad a lot and I can get in Tol Barad whenever I want and do BH each week. The only big disadvantge is having really skilled players to duel outside our city. Somtimes there are like 15 people out there dueling but no offense they arn't the best. When I duel people as alliance its better practice, I find dueling to really be helpful for improvement to rated games.

They won't do anything else and I probably won't complain anyway. Oh well.
Maybe their solution is to continue making the racials wildly imbalanced and burn down all of our cities?

I honestly havn't had a huge issue with out imbalance anyway

I hope you plan on dungeon leveling to 90.
09/19/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Restokinz
CRZ seems to be their bandaid.

I mean Horde and Alliance were even until the Beginging-Middle of Wrath so...why did people transfer in the first place? Exactly.

I've often wondered this myself.
09/19/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Boomkanye
Maybe their solution is to continue making the racials wildly imbalanced

Vodka just switched for the lulz, bro.
I also want to add that I've tried to get a blue here before, and that's never happened for me :(

They don't lurk in realm forums too much, and don't like being summoned to threads. Better posting in General in one of the various faction imbalance threads.
09/19/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Dictainabox
Vodka just switched for the lulz, bro.

Vodka and Method

09/19/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Boomkanye
I hope you plan on dungeon leveling to 90.

I ussaly end up doing a mix of Dungons or BGs or questing becuase I get bored with one thing very quickly. I remember leveling when Cata came out it wasn't that bad

I'm not a fast leveler by no means and won't be playing continusly right away so thats why I won't really care.

And hey If I were alliance and other people were trying to do a quest I was doing. I could just give them some mean wispers and hope they'd leave. If I am questing against them on my mage I can take them out. PewPew!
Horde will run into significant problems not just when leveling, but also in the plethora of daily and solo content out in the world that we'll be doing at 90. Blizzards bringing World PVP back by getting you out into the world, a flying mount dismount item, and CRZ.
Every time I flaunt my transmog set to players in the General chat forums, 10 Horde players join the server.

Edit: o wait i forgot wotlk only has literally 3 models in the entire game for each gear slot (yes I've counted!). me is sad panda ;(
I believe that cross realm zones may have gone too far, Illidan is Cross-realmed with Sargeras. People from Illidan are camping pretty much every set of dailies they can, all over the world pretty much. I just don't like trying to go do my dailies and getting ganked by a group of 5 Illidan players.

Why on EARTH would you merge a realm with such an Imbalance of Horde:Alliance (1 Horde for every .01 Alliance) with a realm such as Sargeras (1 Alliance for every .13 Horde).

Some people may argue with me that it is fair because of the imbalance of Sargeras as well, but why don't you merge realms of equalish population and make the server more balance out in zones that aren't necessarily populated. I know this idea is pretty far out there, but I think Blizzard should really look into this.

I enjoy WPvP greatly, but when it gets to the point where I can't do anything without getting ganked, it's a little overboard.
I think the merging is great because I get to hear all the people cry in general about actually seeing Horde.

Why on EARTH would you merge a realm with such an Imbalance of Horde:Alliance (1 Horde for every .01 Alliance) with a realm such as Sargeras (1 Alliance for every .13 Horde).

I think it's a good idea to even things out. Plus, it will def make WPvP alot more interesting.
Illidan is a server of 74,000 Horde. Sargeras is a server of about 5,000 Horde and 35,000 Alliance.

None of you will ever see a gathering node or rare spawn again.

This seems a little extreme.
At least I hope....

I think it's a good idea to even things out. Plus, it will def make WPvP alot more interesting.

Sorry, but are you kidding me? The population of Illidan Horde is DOUBLE what Sargeras is in it's entirety. It is so stupid that they don't have to be in groups to be cross realmed at max level. I wish that something would happen where people have to be in a group and whomever has more people in the group from one realm, they are transfered to said realm. This applies to max level only, and I think it would make CRZ much more fun.

09/20/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Boomkanye

I hope this is not true, not my gathering nodes ):
I don't see a problem with having Sargeras/Illidan in the same CRZ if 1 or 2 more decently populated, alliance dominated realms were also included.
09/20/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Fearnomu
I don't see a problem with having Sargeras/Illidan in the same CRZ if 1 or 2 more decently populated, alliance dominated realms were also included.

Sargeras, like Illidan, should only be Cross-Realmed with Low Population servers. It doesn't make any sense to cross-realm two High/Full Population Servers.
09/19/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Latesha

I mean Horde and Alliance were even until the Beginging-Middle of Wrath so...why did people transfer in the first place? Exactly.

I've often wondered this myself.

Wintergrasp before the system adjustments comes to mind.
09/21/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Aenathas
Wintergrasp before the system adjustments comes to mind.

Yup thats about when after every Wintergrasp game you would hear people say "!@#$ this I'm faction transfering"
09/17/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Wretchedmist
the auction house has a lower volume of goods

Don't worry about this, I will be playing again soon and will be more than happy to supply horde with all necessary goods.

>:)

For a modest fee of course