Origins and Identity of Azerothian Natives

Story Forum
So who are the real natives of Azeroth?
Are Humans the Native? if not is their a mythology if you will of Humans origination on Azeroth, Because there is a lot of evidence for Night Elves being Native.. Some lore expert please elaborate.
According to some, if your species didn't evolve there, it's not native. Even if it has been there for uncounted thousands of years. Or if you're undead.... The only confirmed native intelligent species that made civilizations are the trolls and taurens. The murlocs and gnolls.. I'm not sure about them.

I did find it curious that in Ulduar and the Halls of Stone and Lightening there are light images of trolls, taurens and Night elves.

Humans, dwarves and gnomes are cursed/mutated Titan constructs.
Humans came from the vrykul, who were created by the titans.
Night elves came from trolls, who were around before the titans arrived.
Human's aren't native. They derive from Vrykul who were originally constructs of the Titans during their shaping of the world. The Old Gods who had infected Azeroth messed with the makeup of Vrykul who eventually became modern day humans. These early humans were rejected by the Vrykul king Ymiron and were ordered to be put to death. Certain individual Vrykul would not follow this order and sent them off on their own rather than kill them. At some point the Vrykul went into a sort of extended sleep and remained so until the Lich King awakened them around the time of Wrath of the Lich King.

The actual natives of Azeroth would be trolls who evolved into Night Elves due to the Well of Eternity magics and finally into High/Blood Elves after being cut off from the Well of Eternity. Tauren, Mogu, and Pandaren also seem to be native to Azeroth though the truth of this could be disputed.

Dwarves and gnomes were also Titan constructs. Dwarves either became the fleshy race they are today or devolved into troggs. Gnomes were mechanical beings known as Mechagnomes who came into their modernincarnation due to the Old Gods.

Orcs and Ogres both came through the Dark Portal from Draenor during the First War.

Draenei were originally Eredar from the planet Argus. Their leadership, save Velen, were corrupted by Sargeras who was searching for powerful peoples to bolster his Legion. Velen, along with his likeminded followers, prayed for salvation and gained were saved by the naaru. For the next 25,000 years they would flee from their Eredar brothers. Eventually they find a safe haven for a time in Draenor. Kil'Jaeden, one of the leaders of the Eredar found them however and corrupted the orcs who began a genocidal war against them. The draenei were forced into hiding until the Burning Crusade when Blood Elves attacked Tempest Keep. They escaped using the Exodar and crash landed on Azeroth. Blood Elves pursued and were subsequently dealt with. The Night Elves were the first Azerothian race they came into contact with.

The Worgen were humans who had been afflicted by a curse of druidic origin. This connects them in someways to the Night Elves who aided them in controlling this curse.

That's a quick rundown of most of the notable races.
According to some, if your species didn't evolve there, it's not native. Even if it has been there for uncounted thousands of years. Or if you're undead.... The only confirmed native intelligent species that made civilizations are the trolls and taurens. The murlocs and gnolls.. I'm not sure about them.

I did find it curious that in Ulduar and the Halls of Stone and Lightening there are light images of trolls, taurens and Night elves.

Humans, dwarves and gnomes are cursed/mutated Titan constructs.

The Watchers were still proper Watchers during the time the Night Elves rose to prominence. Even if they were evolved from trolls later on in time doesn't mean their presence wasn't recorded.
09/21/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Rudox
Human's aren't native. They derive from Vrykul who were originally constructs of the Titans during their shaping of the world.

How does that make them non-native? They still originated on Azeroth, regardless of who created them.

The notion of god-like figures creating life is common in both fantasy settings and real-world religions, but nowhere besides Warcraft forums have I seen it argued that creatures created in that fashion are "aliens".
Human: Born here but came from Vrykul
Dwarves: Born here but came from the Earthen
Gnomes: Born here but came from mechano-gnomes
Night Elves: Born here but evolved from trolls
Draenei: Argus
Worgen: Cursed humans

Forsaken: Undead humans
Orcs: Draenor
Tauren: Born here
Goblins: Born here
Blood Elves: Born here, but evolved from the Highborne
Trolls: Born here

Pandaren: Born here
I don't think we have any concrete origins for Tauren, but since they aren't explicite Titan constructs people assume they are at least as native as trolls.

We mustn't forget the Silithid, Qiraji, and Nerubian races, all of which are Azeroth natives with common ancestry as far as we know. They very likely have a common ancestor with the Mantid of Pandaria as well.

As for whether or not races of Titan origin are 'native' or not, it's just a matter of how you define native. So, for clarity's sake, some races are Titan-originated, and some are 'native' meaning their origins are tied up with the history and origin of Azeroth itself, and beyond that nothing is known.

Oh, and goblins possibly share a common ancestor with Trolls, but there's really not a lot of support for that theory yet as far as I know. They may have more in common with pygmies, who might be degenerate gnomes, like troggs are degenerate earthen/dwarves, but it's pretty unclear.
09/21/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Egrem
Human's aren't native. They derive from Vrykul who were originally constructs of the Titans during their shaping of the world.

How does that make them non-native? They still originated on Azeroth, regardless of who created them.

The notion of god-like figures creating life is common in both fantasy settings and real-world religions, but nowhere besides Warcraft forums have I seen it argued that creatures created in that fashion are "aliens".

In that sense they are native. In the sense that they were made by Titans who are not native to Azeroth they aren't native.
09/21/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Rudox
In that sense they are native. In the sense that they were made by Titans who are not native to Azeroth they aren't native.

inb4 we're all immigrants debate
09/21/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Rudox

Titans aren't native to Azeroth, but I think the creatures they brought into existence on Azeroth are.

Where would those creatures be native to, if not the planet they originated on? The titan home world (which they've never visited and have no knowledge of)?
Ok, the humans, dwarves, gnomes, and other Titan constructs are natives of Titan origin.

Trolls, Tauren (Maybe), Aqir, and whoever else were here naturally are natives of Azerothian origin.

Better?
09/21/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Egrem

they are not native to azeroth the same way sheep are not native to new zealand. just because there are a lot of them there, and they were born there does not make them native, nor will any of their offspring ever be native they wre artificialy introduced by other intelegent species.

that Promethius movie that recently came out made the explicit argument that humans were aliens on earth. Ian M. Banks has written several books where constructed beings were aliens, same goes for the Herberts with their Dune books, Philip K. Dick wrote several short stories and books on the subject. even H. P. Lovecraft wrote stories with the view point of created beings are alien. that is just off the top of my head.
People keep saying Worgen = Cursed humans

What they forget is Worgen originated from the Elves and a percentage of active Worgen are Elves, therefore Worgen = cursed humans/elves
It'd be more correct saying that Gilnean Worgen are cursed Gilneans

they are not native to azeroth the same way sheep are not native to new zealand. just because there are a lot of them there, and they were born there does not make them native, nor will any of their offspring ever be native they wre artificialy introduced by other intelegent species.

That'd be a better analogy for the Orcs. I have a more suitable one.

If Humans came to New Zealand and geneticly engineered a completely new creature to live about the isle. They would be Native. Not "naturally" native, but native nonetheless.
Orcs and Draenei are the only alien species.

Finito.
I tend to dissagree that Humans (and the Vrykul, in fact) can be discounted as natives to Azeroth because of their relation to the Titans. We still know too little about the Vrykul, and haven't been expressly told they were created. We know they worshiped the Titans, but we also know that at the time of the Titan's depature the Vrykul were flesh and blood, not the stone and metal which characterises the Titan creations. We also have no evidence that metal Vrykul pre-date Loken's corruption.

I tend to think it more likely that the Vrykul were a native species who took to worshiping the Titans, rather than being created by them.

The races we know are native and not derived from non-native sources) however, are...

Gnolls
Kobolds
Trolls
Elves (Troll derived)
Goblins (possible Troll derived)
Tauren
Pandarian (who are presumably related to the Furbolg)
09/21/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Malodin
If Humans came to New Zealand and geneticly engineered a completely new creature to live about the isle. They would be Native. Not "naturally" native, but native nonetheless.

no they would be alien since sheep did not develope on new Zealand, and seemingly never would based on the fact that zero sheep came out of the area without alien intervention

trolls, elves, tauren, and pandaren... along with several bad guy races would exist without aliene intervention. humans, gnomes, dwarves, and worgen would not exist without alien intervention. they are not native and never will be. no more native than orcs or draenei.

same way a sheep will never be more native to New Zealand than a cow or a wood chuck.... introduced by alienes =never native.
This presumes that trolls and Tauren are not some Old God creation. I can see it happening.

But let`s just look at it again. Nothing existed on Azeroth from day one. Everything that on Azeroth came into being long after that point. Some were created. Others evolved.

All had their genesis there. Therefore they are native.