Lore for your level and rp?

Moon Guard
I have been trying to read up bit by bit on lore. But one thing kinda hit me that I can not seem to get over. Seeing as how I am only level 20 and technically the events of BC WOTLK and Cata have already played out. Since I obviously didn't participate in these fights. Would I simply just say that I heard about them from others? Would these events be considered common knowledge at this point?
09/24/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Silevon
Would I simply just say that I heard about them from others?

If you want.

Would these events be considered common knowledge at this point?

Yes.

Everyone has a diff rp style regarding this.

I'm wondering how Pandaren and Monk rp will work out.
I have been trying to read up bit by bit on lore. But one thing kinda hit me that I can not seem to get over. Seeing as how I am only level 20 and technically the events of BC WOTLK and Cata have already played out. Since I obviously didn't participate in these fights. Would I simply just say that I heard about them from others? Would these events be considered common knowledge at this point?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6146476075

This might help you, man. ;D
My character has no level floating above his head and he certainly can't see yours. RP is an exercise in collaborative writing.
Seeing as how I am only level 20 and technically the events of BC WOTLK and Cata have already played out. Since I obviously didn't participate in these fights.

I don't know if it is considered right or wrong. And I don't know if it is acceptable or frowned upon. But I have seen quite a few RPers who choose to not include their level as IC..they consider it only as an ooc/pve aspect. I've personally known some folks who didn't make their toons til Cata but their IC histories included participating in BC and even Vanilla events. Perhaps some other RPers here can shed some light on the legitimacy/acceptance of this.
09/24/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Jasline
Seeing as how I am only level 20 and technically the events of BC WOTLK and Cata have already played out. Since I obviously didn't participate in these fights.

I don't know if it is considered right or wrong. And I don't know if it is acceptable or frowned upon. But I have seen quite a few RPers who choose to not include their level as IC..they consider it only as an ooc/pve aspect. I've personally known some folks who didn't make their toons til Cata but their IC histories included participating in BC and even Vanilla events. Perhaps some other RPers here can shed some light on the legitimacy/acceptance of this.

It's perfectly fine. Game mechanics don't = lore and RP.
The only 'rules' of RP involve you being friendly OOC to your RP partners and RPing in such a way that says you respect them OOC.
Anything beyond that? Do what feels good.

For example.
HELLGHA NEFEARIA (she requires it is said in all caps 100% of the time) is an old and fearsome forsaken warlock, versed in the most dark and terrifying of rituals and black magics. She is reclusive, secretive, and rarely shows her (appropriately) dark and terrible face simply out of courtesy- melted faces are just so messy to clean up.

Anshora Rockbloom is a young tauren, only just completed her rituals and is pursuing the path of a sunwalker.
She is admittedly pretty terrible at it- she's been raised in relative peace in Thunder Bluff and her martial skills are under average on the best of days. The concentration needed to channel her healing powers, as well, is often unfocused.
She works very hard at it and makes progress, but very, very slowly and is completely not ready for any kind of serious combat yet.

You face these two characters off against each other and who do you think is going to win?
Definitely HELLGHA NEFEARIA, right? Anshora the sunwalker would be turned into cow goop in three seconds flat.

And yet, the warlock is lv 40 and the sunwalker is lv 85 in Dragon Soul gear OOC.
Because it's just that- OOC. As others have said, my character can't see the name, class or level floating around your character, and your character definitely can't see the same of mine.
09/24/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Noitora
Would I simply just say that I heard about them from others?

If you want.

Would these events be considered common knowledge at this point?

Yes.

Everyone has a diff rp style regarding this.

I'm wondering how Pandaren and Monk rp will work out.

Easy enough, my Panda will run off basic lore we know, he was on the Turtle and when it came time to decide he meditated on the answer till he choose to join the Alliance as their ideals fit better with his personal ideals. He plans to help spread their monks teachings in hopes of calming down both sides.