Pandaren or Worgen Mage in MoP?

Mage
In terms of Min/Max for endgame PvE raiding as a Mage, what do you guys think is the better race - Pandaren or Worgen?

I went gnome during cata since I was playing Arcane and Arcane only, but with the release of MoP right around the corner I'm going to be Race changing. The double food buff from Pandaren seems pretty good and the 1% crit/sprint from Worgens also seems good.

Maybe someone here on the forums can help me come to a conclusion, thanks!
Pandaren for overall, but worgen could definitely be seen as better for fire.

That said, no race has a truly huge impact on how they're played (at least from an Alliance perspective). Personally, I'd just go female panda and oggle how cute and huggable they are.
HUMAN! free trinket imo
For purely Min/Maxing in endgame PvE (and I'm assuming you want to stay alliance) would be:
ARCANE: Gnome > Panda > Worgen > Draenei > Human

FIRE: Worgen > Panda > Draenei > Gnome > Human

FROST: Panda > Worgen > Draenei > Gnome > Human

But that's purely for min/max in Endgame PvE.
Sadly unless things change I think for min/max you want to go spriest or warlock.

Just the facts of life.
Don't forget that Human's with swords get 1% free hit!
forsaken, of course.
i would like to propose a trade blizz...

the horde will trade you Taurens for Worgens.
How about for PvP? Quaking palm seems like it would be really powerful.
For purely Min/Maxing in endgame PvE (and I'm assuming you want to stay alliance) would be:

Thanks for the replies! Looking over this, I don't see how Gnomes are going to be best for Arcane spec anymore - with the changes to mana regen, the small amount of extra mana gnomes get seems insignificant. That's why Worgens/Pandaren seem to have the best racials for a PvE Mage on the Alliance side.

Honestly, looks come 2nd to me - I've always been a min/maxer and I'd play a character that looks like a box if it had stronger racials.
i would like to propose a trade blizz...

the horde will trade you Taurens for Worgens.

I would say no, unless we can also ride worgens as part of the deal.
I don't care if worgen got 10% crit added as a racial, they look so dumb I'd never roll one.
I have not changed my race yet but I will today and was going to go human female for the rep gain, but what is the PANDA racial for frost?
[quote]For purely Min/Maxing in endgame PvE (and I'm assuming you want to stay alliance) would be:

WHY panda frost first?
Increased food buff for pandas is legit
10/02/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Killcows
Increased food buff for pandas is legit

yeah I read that it was double the time, not the amount! So that is very good, just the panda female gear looks silly, but I do not mind the spell casting animation. I can not just decide either.

:)
09/24/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Abramelin
Gnomes are going to be best for Arcane spec anymore - with the changes to mana regen, the small amount of extra mana gnomes get seems insignificant.

Don't forget that more often than not, the best in slot will be a sword or dagger (due to then outweighing equal iLvl staves because of the Offhand enchant) but occasionally wands. Gnomes get 1% hit from Swords and Daggers.

The races are all very close, but the extra mana means extra benefit from Mana Adept, which is significant, and allows it to outweigh the Panda food buff only slightly.

10/02/2012 07:48 AMPosted by Jamdór
WHY panda frost first?

Because their intellect buff from Food is roughly equivalent to the crit buff worgen have. The only reason that Worgen outweigh Panda for Fire is that at high gear levels, fire prefers crit to intellect. Frost always prefers intellect.

In the case that the BiS weapon for a tier is a staff or a wand, Pandas take the lead for arcane as well.

Because their intellect buff from Food is roughly equivalent to the crit buff worgen have. The only reason that Worgen outweigh Panda for Fire is that at high gear levels, fire prefers crit to intellect. Frost always prefers intellect.

In the case that the BiS weapon for a tier is a staff or a wand, Pandas take the lead for arcane as well.

So what would you suggest as a race cause I want to change from DWARF
I would go with what you want to look at, difference in races is minimal.
funny things is that I made the change to human and really miss my Dwarf action, I think that I will change once I get my rep up! silly me tricks are for kids!