Battle.net Agent Update

Technical Support
Is this a legitimate Blizzard request? I keep getting a Battle.net Agent Update when I open my Blizzard Launcher. Personally, I don't trust the damn popup, but it's starting to be annoying. I ran my Scanner to check my PC, so I don't know if the request is legitimate or not. I'm going to assume that it isn't. Any help?
09/21/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Aenathas
Is this a legitimate Blizzard request?

Yes it is. The launcher is basically a client meant to display info about what's being done while the 'Update Agent' does everything from installing to patching and launching the game.
09/21/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Barthus
Is this a legitimate Blizzard request?

Yes it is. The launcher is basically a client meant to display info about what's being done while the 'Update Agent' does everything from installing to patching and launching the game.

Until the 5.0.4 Patch, I've never seen it before. Are you sure?
Wow now uses the same launcher as diablo 3 which could be why you may have not seen this new behavour before.

Quite legitimate and effecting everyone updating from 4.3.x
Wow now uses the same launcher as diablo 3 which could be why you may have not seen this new behavour before.

Quite legitimate and effecting everyone updating from 4.3.x

Alright. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a virus, et cetera.
This was helpful :D
It's a Dev's inside joke - they named it Agent to scare folk :)
The update agent is running every time I try to start WoW. It stops before it finishes and I now cannot play the game. What do I do?