Metzen's doing a lore Q&A

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 20 Next
If I could ask him one question, it would be "Does Tandred Proudmoore really exist?", just so this whole argument on him can be settled once and for all.

Alas, I have no Twitter.
Is anything going to happen to Aggra and/or their unborn child?

I ask because of a certain trope that's commonly used when it comes to having a pregnant wife/girlfiend. Sorry, it's the only question I can think of...

I asked.
If I could ask him one question, it would be "Does Tandred Proudmoore really exist?", just so this whole argument on him can be settled once and for all.

Alas, I have no Twitter.

I asked.
Is anything going to happen to Aggra and/or their unborn child?

I ask because of a certain trope that's commonly used when it comes to having a pregnant wife/girlfiend. Sorry, it's the only question I can think of...

I asked.

Woohoo, thank you.
Here's a question for Metzen:

Will the Alliance ever be able to defeat the Horde without the Horde imploding first?
Keep asking. I encourage you to make a twitter account. It's not horribly hard. I'm skimming between here and Moon Guard. In hindsight, I should've made another thread in general.
I got my question(s) out.

Now to see if he'll post anything dragon-related.
I got my question(s) out.

Now to see if he'll post anything dragon-related.

They're dragons. They'll either all become corrupted and/or they'll be killed.
09/24/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Noitora
They're dragons. They'll either all become corrupted and/or they'll be killed.
Oh if only you knew my questions...

Will the Alliance ever be able to defeat the Horde without the Horde imploding first?

Well if you mean defeat in a major battle, the answer is they already have and will likely do so again. It just hasn't been portrayed in game as well as it could of been.

If you mean defeat as in win the entire war, then the answer is no. Game mechanics dictate that neither faction can truly triumph over the other. One faction might hold the upper hand for a time (and even I can't deny the Horde unquestionably took the upper hand with the Fall of Theramore), but never to the point where they are an immediate threat to the opposing faction's existence.
Eh, I don't like social networks all that much, unless MMOs count as such.

Will the Scarlet Crusade storyline be finalized in Mists of Pandaria, or will there be more lore on them in future expansions?
I can answer that already: yes. Dave Kosak even admitted the only reason it continued at all was so that they could redo the Scarlet Monastery. Plus, if you've done the updated quests, by the end Whitemane is dead without the possibility of resurrection, and Lilian Voss has a book containing the names of every member of the Scarlet Crusade so she can finish off any you missed.
Id ask if etherals die forever when killed or if they can reform and seek veangeance but I don't have Twitter. Ill wait for another AskCdev.
09/24/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
I can answer that already: yes. Dave Kosak even admitted the only reason it continued at all was so that they could redo the Scarlet Monastery. Plus, if you've done the updated quests, by the end Whitemane is dead without the possibility of resurrection, and Lilian Voss has a book containing the names of every member of the Scarlet Crusade so she can finish off any you missed.

Oh, thanks! I haven't done the new Scarlet Monestary, since I haven't been on my low-level alts in a while. Just shows how behind I am on this stuff.

Now to think of another question...
Apologies for the double post and if this has already been asked.

Will Saurfang make an appearance in MoP in regards to Garrosh's recent activities?
09/24/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Cobble
Id ask if etherals die forever when killed or if they can reform and seek veangeance but I don't have Twitter. Ill wait for another AskCdev.

I asked

09/24/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Binah
Will Saurfang make an appearance in MoP in regards to Garrosh's recent activities?

I asked that too.
"Here we are again, Chris. I ponder why Garrosh is being compared to Hitler by Golden, but represented completely different not too earlier in the game."

Well if you mean defeat in a major battle, the answer is they already have and will likely do so again. It just hasn't been portrayed in game as well as it could of been.

If you mean defeat as in win the entire war, then the answer is no. Game mechanics dictate that neither faction can truly triumph over the other. One faction might hold the upper hand for a time (and even I can't deny the Horde unquestionably took the upper hand with the Fall of Theramore), but never to the point where they are an immediate threat to the opposing faction's existence.

As in...
In WC2 the Alliance was losing to the Horde until it imploded, then they were able to defeat the broken Horde.
In MoP the Alliance doesn't "win" (i.e. the Siege of Orgrimmar) until after the Horde once again implodes. Blizzard makes it appear the Alliance can't stand against a unified Horde.
09/24/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Zizz
"Here we are again, Chris. I ponder why Garrosh is being compared to Hitler by Golden, but represented completely different not too earlier in the game."

I asked this too. Rephrased for twitter, but I asked.
How many questions have been answered by now?