what class / spec benfits most from mastery ?

New Player Help and Guides
.. or are they all important
Tank/healer specs I believe benefit the most from mastery, since they have the more important role. As far as DPSers go, a lot of it is just additional damage (that said, I think fury warriors probably has the worst since it's so crit dependent), so it's a judgement call.
Websites like noxxic.com or icy-veins.com show stat priorities so you can see where mastery has the most benefit in each class/spec.

It is good for anyone but more so for certain specs. Example my holy priest really likes her mastery my ele shaman is ok with it and my MM hunter reforges it away as much as is possible.
Mastery is always a good stat to have. What you really have to know is whether mastery is a better stat then let's say crit or haste. Your class will have to pick the best stat based on that to reforge and go for. For example, ret pallies use to value mastery over crit and haste.
I would say a blood Death Knights have to be the ones that benefit the most. Shield OP.
Other tanks could stack mastery but for warriors and pallys it just increases their block. which is good but some fights there is nothing to block or you cant block the big hitting moves.
Where as Blood DKs can just absorb everything.

09/23/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Monmonn
Mastery is always a good stat to have. What you really have to know is whether mastery is a better stat then let's say crit or haste. Your class will have to pick the best stat based on that to reforge and go for. For example, ret pallies value mastery over crit and haste.

Think Haste is the new Mastery since the changes.
For example, ret pallies value mastery over crit and haste.

Think Haste is the new Mastery since the changes.

It is. Mastery is still really good for ret. Haste just got a LOT better.

Tanks of all specs tend to love mastery. Mastery for healers is almost always a really mana-efficient stat, so while it might not be your BEST stat, it's rarely straight up BAD.

Enhancement shamans LOVE mastery.
09/23/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Honorata
It is. Mastery is still really good for ret. Haste just got a LOT better.

I personally find stacking master is better then haste.
The importance of Mastery for Tanks have gone down a great deal with the new patch due to active mitigation. For Paladins at least, pretty much all you had to do was stack Mastery and you were set. Now we have to give up some of that Mastery for Hit because we need to actually hit to mitigate damage.
I would say a blood Death Knights have to be the ones that benefit the most. Shield OP.
Other tanks could stack mastery but for warriors and pallys it just increases their block. which is good but some fights there is nothing to block or you cant block the big hitting moves.
Where as Blood DKs can just absorb everything.
FYI - Blood Shield only adsorbs incoming physical damage (same as other tanks block essentially)