Garrosh's Removal.

Moon Guard
I guess people aren't used to the way a real Orc acts.. Thanks for ruining it WoW community, I really did like Garrosh. (Not you guys! :D)
k
People cried after he called Sylvanas a !@#$%.

She deserved it, though.
09/24/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Uglukk
I guess people aren't used to the way a real Orc acts.. Thanks for ruining it WoW community, I really did like Garrosh. (Not you guys! :D)
I'm not sure if Blizzard is just behind with what their fanbase wants, or if they planned the entire character from the beginning.

I feel like when it was first announced Garrosh would be Warchief, everyone hated it and wanted Thrall back. When people play through Cataclysm, realize he has learned of honor and is pretty badass, they loved Garrosh and welcomed the shift in Warchief. When it was announced Garrosh was going to be killed, a lot of people were upset because now they liked Garrosh. Now with Tides of War, Garrosh is a psychopath and everyone hates him and wants him to die again.

Either Blizzard is behind on what the fan base wants, the character is horribly zig-zagged, or Blizzard likes watching the community zig-zag.
Uglukk, I hardly knew ye.
but

go'el

he's such a well developed character
Take Lich King lite Sylvanas with you.
I like the direction this thread is rampaging towards.
GO'EL!
So I'm the only one who likes Go'el? Who thinks he deserves to be free of the Horde? Considering the history of warchiefs....

Also, ridiculously powerful characters should be believably neutral.

You hear that Malfurion! I don't like your kind around here!
There should be no Warchief.

All of the Horde leaders should lead as equals.

Garrosh, Baine, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Lor'themar and Gallywix.
09/24/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Saedre
k
09/24/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Looped
I'm not sure if Blizzard is just behind with what their fanbase wants, or if they planned the entire character from the beginning.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/mists-of-pandaria-chris-metzen-interview/#continued

"I would say Garrosh remaining Warchief ... his term as Warchief was always going to be ... brief. Bringing him up, you know, Alex Afrasiabi created this character for Outland, hanging out in Garadar, and he was just written so well. I just went, "Wow, this character's really !@#$%in'. Let's leverage him forward, let's get him going." We always knew we would make him Warchief, but that would be a short reign.

"You take the one thing that's so solid about the Horde -- Thrall -- and you pull him out, and you just watch what happens. It was a really fun ... I guess virtual social experiment to see how people would react, but it was also a story we wanted to tell. You know this guy was never meant to be Warchief forever.

"So yeah, there's always been a plan for Garrosh and his tenure as Warchief, and where it goes after this is really, really interesting. I guess I can't really tell you yet, but I guess ultimately I didn't know this would be the expansion set where we did it -- I was hedging my bets against the next one, but -- the more we got into Pandaria and started balancing themes and decided where ultimately everyone (the Alliance and Horde) would go, the theme where there was this underlying war and the pandaren were just in the crossfire, that theme really just started to demand to be foreground as we started developing all the fiction for this expansion."
There should be no Warchief.

All of the Horde leaders should lead as equals.

Garrosh, Baine, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Lor'themar and Gallywix.

Except, it wouldn't be the Horde anymore. It would be the Alliance. Or it should be. So Horde turns into the Alliance, and the Alliance turns into the Horde. Progression!

:p
09/24/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Noitora
So I'm the only one who likes Go'el? Who thinks he deserves to be free of the Horde? Considering the history of warchiefs....

The problem with Thrall, is he's a human orc. He was raised by humans, he has human ideals of honor- and while it's nice to try to play orc, he's just not acting like the orcs do.

Honor for orcs is a different concept. It's not always about "doing what's right." That's a human ideal. Honor through combat isn't "Right' by human standards, but orcs live and die by it. Garrosh up until they made him insane proved he had honor. He didn't have innocent people killed, he challenged his enemies in combat-, he did the orc thing.

Orc thing is, was, always will be combat based. They just aren't human flower picking peace loving things.
The Alliance is going the way of the Horde with it's hierarchy.

Trials of the High King, anyone?
I wouldn't mind Garrosh as much if he was a more consistent character.

Saurfang for Warchief.