Bring back 40 man raids

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Now that Blizzard is bringing in LFR and cross realm advancements, I think they should have a 40 man raid involved again. Give people the feeling of something larger then normal (10/25 man). Thoughts?
Not gonna happen. Don't waste your breath.
it's hard enough getting 25 man guilds together and stay together, getting a 40 man raid group to agree on time and days it will raid and then getting those people to actually show up would be a nightmare in this day and age. in Vanila it was ok because you only had 1 maybe 2 40 man guilds. Now.. yeah no.
So you want blizzard to work on...

25 man LFR
10 man normal
10 man heroic
25 man normal
25 man heroic
40 man normal
40 man heroic

Content will sure be slow when developing all this.
No.
hahaha no

go take a look at 40-man ragnaros's abilities and tell me you honestly think he'd be harder than morchok.

hell, even 4 horsemen, which was seen as really hard, would be a total joke these days. get a few stacks, swap to the other side of the room. repeat.
So you want blizzard to work on...

25 man LFR
10 man normal
10 man heroic
25 man normal
25 man heroic
40 man normal
40 man heroic

Content will sure be slow when developing all this.

so be it...
25 man raids are already in serious trouble. Adding a larger raid tier isn't about to fix anything.
09/25/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Hoxton
hell, even 4 horsemen, which was seen as really hard, would be a total joke these days. get a few stacks, swap to the other side of the room. repeat.

Hah, you never did original horsemen.

Anyway 40 mans aren't happening.
25 man is already seeing severe problems due to larger logistical hassles for identical loot - what would motivate a group to do 40 mans?

The current game design doesn't support 40 man raids, hell, the current game design will likely see the death of 25 man raids (outside of possibly LFR) by the next expansion. Compound this with the retread model of raiding and simply put, you will never see 40 man raids again (outside of possibly world bosses).

The game is no longer aimed at feeling like you are a part of huge, epic world - it's designed to be palatable, bite sized pieces that can easily fit within small chunks of time. Organizing groups takes too much time, hence LFR and LFD. 40 mans required too much work, thus 25 mans and 10 mans. Epic battles take too long, thus AV gets reinforcement limits and all BGs get artificial time limits.

If you are looking for that epic feeling of a horde of people joining together to beat a huge and impressive bad guy, the closest you will get will be world bosses or 25 mans and 25 mans are already in a place where they seem mortally wounded and in severe need of medical attention. Focus on them while you can.
Why does 40man raids even sound fun?
I hear complaints about 25mans being annoying because of having to deal with all those people.
40 man raids sound more trouble then they're worth.
I hear complaints about 25mans being annoying because of having to deal with all those people.

'worth' is a function of the buyer only.

players who don't like large-scale raiding complaining about 40mans aren't an accurate representation of that particular market.
if added would be a great addition opt to openraid.us /eu . id attend what i could of them.

'worth' is a function of the buyer only.

players who don't like large-scale raiding complaining about 40mans aren't an accurate representation of that particular market.

this =)
09/25/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Zskfjrpclmgq

Hah, you never did original horsemen.

Anyway 40 mans aren't happening.

Have you ever noticed the people who try to trivialize classic raiding usually didn't get much done in classic?

Sadly no more 40 mans.
Blizzard disagrees with you. We will never see 40 man raiding. The "worth" of 40 man raiding is so small within the WoW playerbase, blizzard does not see any "worth" in keeping that tiny community satisfied by huge raids. They would rather those players migrate to 25 or even better 10 man raiding.