Do you feel Unholy is in a good place?

Death Knight
I can't really tell, just hit 86 and did some dungeons in my pve gear and damage seemed pretty good. I mean a lot of the damage was coming from Gurth though, and we won't have a proc weapon that scales with our shadow damage in this raid content as far as I know. Was getting Soul Reaper Blizzard's way of trying to help us mitigate the loss of Gurth? Will it be that good that it will even us out among the mid-tier of DPS? I'm not very good at theory crafting so anyone got some helpful advice?
Unholy is in a very good state. If you would like to maximize it in pvp get used to death's advance and Blood Tap. With the state of our runic return, blood tap is the most effective way to line up necros and very high pressure. PvE standpoint, I do not have too much of an opinion on so far but, outside that genre UH is King.
Not a big fan of Unholy anymore.

Imma probally paly DW frost tho.. ALot of fun and always has been.

but my hunter here will be my main most likely. Dont have MoP right this moment so its nice to level this hunter :)
If you don't have any newer gear, then that's the reason. Stats diminish the higher level you go. Example: Hit at 85 requires (not realistic) 100 rating in order to get 1% hit. At 86, however, that same 100 rating will only get you 0.90% hit.
It's basically like that for all stats, but do you see what I'm getting at. Wait until you get to 90, gear up a bit and if the damage is still negligible, then is the time to worry.
Its not the damage. I just feel like the runic isnt going up easily like frost does. It feels very... weird having not a burst on demand.
In pve raid gear on beta UH simed the lowest out of the 3 dps specs by a fairly large margin. It was ~10% behind dw frost and 7-6% 2h frost from what I remember from the beta thread.

In pvp the pressure is gone with necro's move to death runes, even if you take BT necro is rather useless as a heal absorb at 90. This is one of the reasons why I moved back to maining my druid instead of a DK
In pve raid gear on beta UH simed the lowest out of the 3 dps specs by a fairly large margin. It was ~10% behind dw frost and 7-6% 2h frost from what I remember from the beta thread.

In pvp the pressure is gone with necro's move to death runes, even if you take BT necro is rather useless as a heal absorb at 90. This is one of the reasons why I moved back to maining my druid instead of a DK

thats why it feels really weird right now as unholy. that necro was awesome and not its.. just...

blech.

oh well I haz my huntard :3