ships from stormwind harbor

New Player Help and Guides
I know the ship at one end goes to Rut'heran Village in Kalimdor, and the one at the other end goes to Northrend, but what about the two docks in between them; where do those ships go?
09/26/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Soniastark
know the ship at one end goes to Rut'heran Village in Kalimdor, and the one at the other end goes to Northrend, but what about the two docks in between them; where do those ships go?

Those ships stay put, they don't go anywhere and are just there for scenery.
Just for future reference. If you can ever actually see the boat on your minimap then you know it is part of the scenery and that it is not used to actually get anywhere.
During Hallow's End (Halloween), the ship by the one to Rut'theran is used for a questline to get the Creepy Crate minipet.

Otherwise yeah, the middle ones are just scenery. Makes the harbor feel alive.
Follow-up question: is there some way I can take a ship to somewhere from where I can take another ship to Menethil Harbor? I want to fish for oily blackmouth but am too low level to have the flight point and don't want to spend an hour of game time running there along the roads from Loch Modan.
09/27/2012 06:15 AMPosted by Soniastark
is there some way I can take a ship to somewhere from where I can take another ship to Menethil Harbor?

Well, the only ships to Menethil are from Theramore and the other end of Northrend, so if you have 4 gold you could sail to Valiance Keep from Stormwind, fly to Dalaran then to Valgard (if it's available), then sail to Menethil.

However, at that level you'll probably have a much easier time fishing if you sail to Teldrassil and take the FP over to Darkshore, since the mobs in the Wetlands are 20+ -- Westfall would be another option, but the beach is loaded with murlocs.
09/27/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Drewb
is there some way I can take a ship to somewhere from where I can take another ship to Menethil Harbor?

Well, the only ships to Menethil are from Theramore and the other end of Northrend, so if you have 4 gold you could sail to Valiance Keep from Stormwind, fly to Dalaran then to Valgard (if it's available), then sail to Menethil.

However, at that level you'll probably have a much easier time fishing if you sail to Teldrassil and take the FP over to Darkshore, since the mobs in the Wetlands are 20+ -- Westfall would be another option, but the beach is loaded with murlocs.

Okay, I remember a toon catching oily blackmouth in Menethil Harbor while fishing off the dock, but when I checked wowhead just now it said the only place you can catch oily blackmouth is in The Cape of Stranglethorn. Is that something that has changed since MoP got released? (I am definitely NOT going to Stranglethorn at level 13 just to catch a few fish.)
09/27/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Soniastark
Okay, I remember a toon catching oily blackmouth in Menethil Harbor while fishing off the dock, but when I checked wowhead just now it said the only place you can catch oily blackmouth is in The Cape of Stranglethorn. Is that something that has changed since MoP got released? (I am definitely NOT going to Stranglethorn at level 13 just to catch a few fish.)

Here's the item page for Oily Blackmouth:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=6358

Read the massive list of Fishing Locations.
interestingly, I was playing WoW before the docks existed. And the first day the docks open (was it 3.0) ? I see this little female gnome sitting on one of those two parked boats eagerly waiting for something to happen...

gnomes...
09/27/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Drewb

That's a long, costly journey, though. Much quicker to simply visit the flightmaster in Stormwind and select Menethil Harbor as the destination. I'm fairly certain the path is available at that level. Ever since they incorporated automatically discovered FPs, I've been confused about learning the routes, and am often surprised at what is available.

That's a long, costly journey, though. Much quicker to simply visit the flightmaster in Stormwind and select Menethil Harbor as the destination. I'm fairly certain the path is available at that level. Ever since they incorporated automatically discovered FPs, I've been confused about learning the routes, and am often surprised at what is available.

It's possible, and would make sense if it's available from IF too, I'm just not sure if it would be at that level.

[edit] Just checked both SW and IF with my level 12 panda, and nope, no FP to Menethil yet :(
There's oily blackmouth schools in Westfall, a level 10-15 zone right next to Elwynn Forest, though you'll have to dodge/clear out the murlocks first.
is there one for panderia???????
02/19/2014 09:24 PMPosted by Henderman
is there one for panderia???????

1. Don't necro threads from 2012 which have a high probability of containing outdated info. Start a new thread instead.
2. No boats. Travel to Pandaria is via portal in the Panda sections of SW and Org. There are level requirements to use the portals. Pandaria is not the same as the Lost Isle - the Pandarian starting zone. There is no way to get to the Lost Isle.