Chat tabs separated

UI and Macro
When MoP came out, pet battle info appeared in this new tab of chat. This tab was not inline with my other tabs, but overlaid them instead. I tried to drag it out of the way to drop it in place beside my other tabs, and my cursor selected my other chat tabs instead. Now, I have 5 chat tabs in various states of overlap. Dragging them onto the base tab doesn't lock them back into place, and doubleclicking just minimizes them as multiple boxes. I can drag these boxes out of the way, but every time I reload my UI or zone into a new place, the boxes deminimize and the full size tabs appear all over my screen. Using /resetchat does not work to restore the tabs to their correct spot, as when I try to make a new tab again, it is created where the old tabs were, not flush with the base tab. All of my addons are disabled. Please help me to fix this :(

Screenshot attached for clarification:
http://i45.tinypic.com/357ncde.jpg
Well I'd go into interface chat options and choose classic wow chat look (with new conversations showing in same window), then make manually a separate chat tab that's docked at the main window and choose to show only pet battles in it, so you have it in a static position.
Otherwise, you could use one of chat addons to manage this a little better:
http://www.vranx.com/chat.htm
I'd check out WIM and Cellular first for what you need.
No, the problem is that I've resetchat back to full defaults (including the classic chat option) but if I try to make new tabs, they appear in those floating positions like in the screenshot. Doesn't matter what I decide to display in it - I just mentioned the pet battles because that's when the first undocked window appeared.
Exit WoW.

In the WTF folder, in Account\Account_Name\Server_Name\Character_Name find "Chat-Cache.txt" and delete it.

In the same folder, find "Layout-cache.txt" and delete it.

Restart WoW.
That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
Nope, nevermind. That didn't fix it. If I make new tabs, they still are created in random spots in the middle of my screen, and I can't make them pop back inline with the others. They also overlap (versus how just the top tab shows stuff), so there is text everywhere. :(
Then it's probably a mod doing it. Try turning them all off.
Addons are already off. I stated that in the OP.
Kaily - I can always suggest a full on reset.

1. Exit WoW.
2. Navigate to your WoW folder.
3. Rename your Interface and WTF folders to Interface-Old and WTF-Old.
4. Run the "Repair" executable in the WoW folder (assuming you're using a Windows-based computer, skip this step otherwise).
5. Restart WoW.
Kaily - I can always suggest a full on reset.

1. Exit WoW.
2. Navigate to your WoW folder.
3. Rename your Interface and WTF folders to Interface-Old and WTF-Old.
4. Run the "Repair" executable in the WoW folder (assuming you're using a Windows-based computer, skip this step otherwise).
5. Restart WoW.

I think the Repair.exe was removed in 5.0. As far as I know, only the launcher can repair things, and not on demand.
09/27/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Choonster
I think the Repair.exe was removed in 5.0. As far as I know, only the launcher can repair things, and not on demand.

Entirely possible. Honestly, I haven't looked in months.
I fixed this by disabling all addons then I was able to successfully merge tabs by dropping the separated window's tab right next to the main window tab and it auto merged in to one tabbed window.

I run a ton of addons so I'm not sure which one was causing the problem. I use Prat as a chat addon fyi.