Skill mechanic question: Keg Smash

Monk
Is the dizzying haze affect from Keg Smash applied to all targets or only the mob you have targeted?
I don't think keg smash requires a target.... realm is down or I'd check.
Keg smash is ground targeted like death and decay, I'm fairly sure.

But to answer your question, it will affect any mob hit by the spell.
What I remember from playing with it last night is that it's a PBAoE that requires a target before it will even fire off. This makes me wonder if only your target gets the dizzying haze effect since the tooltip kind of reads like that. I know for sure it's not a ground targeted AoE.

Keg Smash
40 Energy
Instant
8 sec cooldown

Requires Ox Stance
You swing a keg of brew, dealing X damage to up to 3 nearby enemies within 8 yards. Also drenches the target in your Dizzying Haze and applies the Weakened Blows effect. Generates 2 Chi.
What I remember from playing with it last night is that it's a PBAoE that requires a target before it will even fire off. This makes me wonder if only your target gets the dizzying haze effect since the tooltip kind of reads like that. I know for sure it's not a ground targeted AoE.

Keg Smash
40 Energy
Instant
8 sec cooldown

Requires Ox Stance
You swing a keg of brew, dealing X damage to up to 3 nearby enemies within 8 yards. Also drenches the target in your Dizzying Haze and applies the Weakened Blows effect. Generates 2 Chi.
That's strange, I was certain it was ground targeted in beta. Oh well.

It basically follows the same mechanic as the warrior's cleave ability. I would have to assume that all mobs you hit with keg smash would gain the dizzying haze debuff because that debuff coincides with breath of fire.
You guys are confusing keg smash and the toss. Keg smash is like HotR ... sorta? Except I swear I've done it without a target, and I swear it hits more than 3 the mobs advertized by the tooltip. The toss is kind of like... a keg grenade that doesn't do damage, but threat and haze.
09/27/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Selindrys
You guys are confusing keg smash and the toss. Keg smash is like HotR ... sorta? Except I swear I've done it without a target, and I swear it hits more than 3 the mobs advertized by the tooltip. The toss is kind of like... a keg grenade that doesn't do damage, but threat and haze.

Correct. You can fire off Keg Smash without a target, but you will waste it if mobs are not near you.

According to a post on EJ the last hotfix made it to where DH is now applied to all mobs around you instead of the cleave like 3 mobs in front. I have not checked this . . stuck at work. . but that sounds great!
09/27/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Reknarok
Keg smash is ground targeted like death and decay, I'm fairly sure.

That's Dizzying Haze. Keg Smash is a melee-range cleave.

09/27/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Masahiko
Correct. You can fire off Keg Smash without a target, but you will waste it if mobs are not near you.

No. Keg Smash requires a target. You can use Keg Smash with a target nowhere even close to being in range, but it does need a target.