agility for healing monk?

Monk
or int/spirit
Seeing as how Mistweavers get mana when in healing stance, I'd stay int/spirit.
threw me off because i'm in a dungeon with one healing decked out in agility heirlooms
Int/spirit. MW doesn't get attack power from agility so agility is really bad.
Int/spirit

Blizzard has gone out of their way to make sure that all Mistweaver abilities scale the best with int.

Amy ability found to be scaling too well with Agility is a bug. Blizzard will fix it in short order. So always use int.
Spirit > Haste to 1350 > Int > Mastery/Crit > More haste
Serpent Stance removes all ap gained from agi and instead gives you ap from int.
09/25/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Immórtal
threw me off because i'm in a dungeon with one healing decked out in agility heirlooms

I healed dungeons on my Shammy in Leather heirlooms. Level up dungeons are way easy until maybe like BC level range. But yeah, Mistweavers will wear Int gear at high levels.
the reason is prob that those boas were for druid or rogue and they dont spend thousands of jp for better boas
09/25/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Emerin

I healed dungeons on my Shammy in Leather heirlooms. Level up dungeons are way easy until maybe like BC level range. But yeah, Mistweavers will wear Int gear at high levels.

You have a choice of Agi or Int leather heirlooms.

You will be ill-equipped to save a bad situation if you're healing in Agi gear. not saying it's not possible at all to heal in Agi gear, but... just... don't.
09/25/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Meditation

You will be ill-equipped to save a bad situation if you're healing in Agi gear. not saying it's not possible at all to heal in Agi gear, but... just... don't.

BOAs do not convert from int to agil when needed, if you buy a whole set of agil leather for let say a rogue/ if you do not have the jp and if you can heal with the agil gear no reason not use agil for very large exp increase

BOAs do not convert from int to agil when needed, if you buy a whole set of agil leather for let say a rogue/ if you do not have the jp and if you can heal with the agil gear no reason not use agil for very large exp increase

I certainly wasn't saying they did convert :)

I was saying don't do it. You're putting the groups you get placed with at risk. They deserve a fully-functional healer. That Agi does not translate into spellpower.
Int/Spirit=)
I think people are using agi heirlooms because int no longer gives you more mana like it did in previous expansions. So a monk with all agility will have the same amount of mana as one with all int. But they will heal for a lot less and regen a lot less.
09/25/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Mogrigg
heal for a lot less and regen a lot less.

Which basically doesn't cause any problems till maybe 80 or later cause dungeons are such easy mode unless your other group members are doing absolutely nothing like in most cases.
Hehe. I checked the date of the OP and couldn't help but wonder if he was groupped with me.
Not that I use Agi heirlooms, but I have the Int ones mogged to look like the agility ones :)

Cannot stand those horrible feathers...
I was saying don't do it. You're putting the groups you get placed with at risk. They deserve a fully-functional healer. That Agi does not translate into spellpower.

The 3-4 pieces of gear that you'll have as boa have no impact on your ability to heal until around 80, where you'll ditch most of it anyway. Not going to sacrifice 20% experience bonus because someone's insecure about the gear I'm wearing.
09/25/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Immórtal

This happens a lot. Ussually it's tanks in DPS gear (which upset me greatly), but yes, I've seen any combonation of DPS monks in healing gear, healing monks in DPS gear, and at times, even DKs in healing plate.... At lower levels, unless you are wiping constantly, you shouldn't worry too much about it. But feel free to call them out on it or kick them out if issues arise.
Depends on what level they are at. Early on the Mistweaver and smash their face on the keyboard and fistweave their way through a dungeon even with the wrong gear on. Its even easier with their channeled heal.

Later yeah, use the right gear but if i was leveling as a mistweaver and i had access to rogue leathers and thats it, I would wear them for the exp bonus till i started to wipe the group and then stop.

From 1-80 you can do your job in a dungeon naked, Tanking is the only exception and you can even do that completely misgeared provided you have the stamina to survive 2-3 melee hits when tanking.

People wearing whatever heirlooms they want to wear are not going to break the run.