Multiple accounts.

Pet Battles
Cant u just make it that the server can see if a pet battle is happening on one account then lock the other, once the pet battle is complete unlock both, then vice versa everytime a pet battle happens. Dont just lock one account fully out of it :(
I agree.
I have three accounts on one battlenet. I didn't think that would mean my kids and I would be penalized by not being able to play at the same time.
If person on account one plays and wants to give someone playing on account two a turn, all of us have to log out and the person that wants to play has to log in first, or it continues to lock the new player out of battlepets.

Why can't we all play at the same time? I don't get a discount for having more than one account linked, yet I can't use a part of the game. I could understand you locking out the pets the other player is using, but the whole kit and caboodle seems a bit much.
agreed.

I have three accounts on my battlenet as well. My son and I can't do pet battles against each other, or at the same time with different opponents. We pay the same monthly fee as everyone else - we should get all of the same features.
Norkke, Miarrah, you can have your kids setup a Battle.net account in their own name (assuming they are at least 13, otherwise you can put your name on it) and get customer service to transfer the game account to the child's account. Then, you can package up duplicated pets on your Battle.net account and send them to your kids' character to add to their Battle.net account.
Having your wow accounts on separate battle nets accounts is not really a satisfactory resolution. There are reasons to have have accounts under the same battle net, including heirlooms, instant mail, and now shared mounts and pets. Blizzard needs to sort out how the pet battles and multiple accounts could work in a way that prevents abuse while not penalizing people with multiple accounts.
I'm in the same boat. My son and I use the same battle.net account. Unfortunately for us the Battle Pets part of MoP was the most anticipated part of the expansion and now we can't battle together.

Oh well. I really hope they fix this soon.
09/27/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Taizzaa
Having your wow accounts on separate battle nets accounts is not really a satisfactory resolution. There are reasons to have have accounts under the same battle net, including heirlooms, instant mail, and now shared mounts and pets. Blizzard needs to sort out how the pet battles and multiple accounts could work in a way that prevents abuse while not penalizing people with multiple accounts.

I agree with this! I'm disappointed that my kids and I can't battle pets at the same time!
As I recall, it wasn't optional to be linked through battlenet - blizz gave us a deadline and made us comply. (or am I totally mental on this?) It would seem counterintuitive if we now had to undo this.

It is already bad enough that we can't "see" each other on real i.d., and have to use a thriird person to group us if we would like to be grouped from different servers. Now *that*, at least, makes sense.

There have been a few things that I feel Blizz has really screwed the pooch on in the past year or so, like the tournament realm debacle. I hope this pet issue is one that is being fixed, rather than one that is just going to be handled with radio silence from Blizz.
I linked all the accounts at Blizzard's behest. Protect them all under 1 authenticator. Link the payment and account management email to 1 address... it all was fine before this debacle.

You are already locked out from experience exploiting when playing a friendly battle. Please let those of us paying $15 monthly per account receive all $15 worth of service on the secondary accounts. I just want to play my pokemon-loving kid in a pet battle. I understand there could be technical hurdles, but you really owe it to the consumer to deliver a full product.

Just expand the pet battle screen to have a team 1 and team 2. I'm not asking for more than 2 accounts at once to be able to participate. I'm not asking for every character to be able to access and play every pet battle as a separate entity. Just let me fight account 1 with account 2 using team 1 and team 2.

Splitting the wow accounts is not an option as they could not take the pets and mounts they are due with those characters. This is because they opted to condense a lot of pets down to a "unique" pet instead of duplicating them (Baby bear, Onyxia Whelp, et al).
I'll add my voice to this.

I want to at least be able to do battles if my kid is on her account. I was just playing and she had to ask me if I could stop so she could play.
This is bull. My kids cant use there battle pets when one of them or im on. Im not making different battle.net accounts. Blizzard needs to fix this my Kids are not 13 SO FIX THIS PLS
/agreed

My younger sister is on my battlenet account for obvious reasons, and she can't do the battle pets because we want to keep her safe and on the same battlenet account? Really?
What's the point of even locking multiple accounts in the first place? It's a total half-measure. If someone really wants to cheat, they'll just do as described above and move an account off to another Battle.net account.
I don't suppose anyone has gotten a Blue post on this topic yet?
Same problem here as well. Was there false advertising or misleading information with this expansion? Have I missed some small print some place? I had this issue with beta only one of us was able to experience beta. Shame on Blizzard for not foreseeing this problem with so many people with linked accounts with their kids. I am sure Blizzard is working on a fix for this as battle pets was a major advertising and promotional area for this expansion. My kids have fun playing wow and this could have added to their adventures. I would like to know what Blizzard has to say to my kids who will not be able to experience battle pets and I would like to see a public notice on this issue from Blizzard.

Sure I could probably split the accounts but then we all cant share mounts/pets and such. Then we would be penalized for something we have no control over. After spending $360 on C/E for this expansion it sure has caused some conflicts with the kids.

[edit] This is my first post on this forums and I wish I didn't even have to post on a issue like this.
There was a twitter post earlier about changes coming in 5.1 for pet battles and the pet UI. While it is frustrating and something they really should have foreseen, we should wait for the 5.1 PTR and see what changes are made. If nothing is resolved by then you have every right to be angry. Although I have been disappointed how many major bugs made it out of beta. It was nowhere near ready for live and the still unresolved daily issue proves that. I just don't think they anticipated this being such a huge feature.
09/27/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Miarrah
As I recall, it wasn't optional to be linked through battlenet - blizz gave us a deadline and made us comply. (or am I totally mental on this?) It would seem counterintuitive if we now had to undo this.

I have two accounts and they're not linked. I'm not sure what deadline you're talking about.
10/03/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Lunii
My younger sister is on my battlenet account for obvious reasons, and she can't do the battle pets because we want to keep her safe and on the same battlenet account? Really?

Your younger sister is not allowed to be on your Battle.NET account, unless you yourself are a minor and one of your parents has accepted the Battle.NET ToU (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html)

4. USE OF THE SERVICE BY MINORS.
Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established by their parent or legal guardian with the approval of their parent or legal guardian. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account on the Service, you hereby agree to these TOU on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account by your Child whether or not such uses were authorized by you, including without limitation, your Child’s acceptance of the EULA for Games that are playable on the Service, or any Game-specific Terms of Use.

5. ACCESSING THE SERVICE.
  • C. Username and Password.
    During the Account creation process, you may be required to select a unique username and/or a password (collectively referred to hereunder as “Login Information”), and you may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein.
  • (italic emphasis mine)