So weather effect synergy just doesn't work?

Pet Battles
I make the weather sunny with my elemental lamp, and then I call out the sunflower. The sunflower's heal says it is doubly effective during sunny weather.. yet it's not. Chilled also isn't working AT ALL? What gives? How could this make it passed beta?
09/27/2012 02:54 AMPosted by Epitaph
How could this make it passed beta?

Pet Battles were the last feature added, and they were more focused on the huge amount of content they had to create for Pandaria?

I wish people would stop treating Pet Battles like they're supposed to be super-important, such as raids or PvP. They'll fix the bugs, but you need to remember that this is just a minigame that doesn't reward your character with any power whatsoever.
It seems all attacks that do 'double damage when...' are bugged

They are, by default, doing double damage. Hence the power of certain pets (panda brewmaster not needing stun)

When you DO have the status (burning, sunny, chilled, stunned) then they only do the normal damage...the opposite of what is intended. I suspect there is a 'if then' statement somewhere in the code that is reveresed
It seems all attacks that do 'double damage when...' are bugged

They are, by default, doing double damage. Hence the power of certain pets (panda brewmaster not needing stun)

When you DO have the status (burning, sunny, chilled, stunned) then they only do the normal damage...the opposite of what is intended. I suspect there is a 'if then' statement somewhere in the code that is reveresed

Of equal note is that Elementals ignore weather effects. It may or may not be a bug with that, but you need not generalize ALL - wait, what?

An if-then, having been confused by its converse? That's about the only thing that can invert a status condition check's effect, as far as I know...
But my Singing Sunflower isn't getting doubled effects at all. Even during sunshine, it's renew just heals for 15.
09/27/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Epitaph
But my Singing Sunflower isn't getting doubled effects at all. Even during sunshine, it's renew just heals for 15.

Abilities are full of bugs right now is the point.
How could this make it passed beta?

Pet Battles were the last feature added, and they were more focused on the huge amount of content they had to create for Pandaria?

I wish people would stop treating Pet Battles like they're supposed to be super-important, such as raids or PvP. They'll fix the bugs, but you need to remember that this is just a minigame that doesn't reward your character with any power whatsoever.

Generally people expect all features to work more or less as expected. Problems like this lead to the obvious conclusion that Pet Battles are still in Beta status and were not properly beta-tested during beta.
but you need to remember that this is just a minigame that doesn't reward your character with any power whatsoever.

So because it does nothing for my toon its ok to have been shipped unfinished?

Your logic is faulty. I give 2 craps about raids so IMO it is ok for them to be buggy and unfinished. No, that doesn't work either.

It does not matter what the content is, we all have a right for the content to work.
BUMP! Even after today's fixes SUNLIGHT DOES NOT WORK! Photosynthesis is NOT twice as effective in sunny weather.
09/27/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Kielminna
Of equal note is that Elementals ignore weather effects.

That's intended. If you read the tooltip for elementals it states that they're immune to weather effects.
Of equal note is that Elementals ignore weather effects.

That's intended. If you read the tooltip for elementals it states that they're immune to weather effects.

And its incredibly dumb that that makes abilities on elemental pets ignore any bonuses they might get from weather - they should either do what they say or not be on the pet; plus they're often sub-par if not boosted by weather. Also, the singing sunflower not caring about sunlight is just... lol. I really hope they change around the elemental passive.
I believe the Elemental class trait that "Elementals ignore all weather effects" is misstated.

It sounds like the intent is that Elementals ignore all inclement weather effects but benefit from sunny weather given that they have the Sunlight skill to create a sunny day and the Photosynthesis skill to take advantage of a sunny day.
guys, it's still buggy.

They only just buffed weather to actually make it USEFUL, day one using a weather attack was a liability unless it was blinding or somesuch.

The elemental class will ignore weather changes, but is likely to still take damage from the initial attack (or perhaps not...) it stands to reason that they will benefit from their own weather type.

The system is set with some innate logic that's going to be quite fun to play with once the bugs get shunted aside.

For me pet battles are a bigger draw card then raiding. I am sure many many other casuals will find them much more satisfying as well (especially on the pet battles forum).

Raiding just isn't cutting it anymore, more people do raid finder than raiding, the day might come when more people do pet battles than raiding, Pet battles are the new PVP.
So I had this exact question last week. This is what seems to be happening...

The Flower is an Elemental
Elementals are immune to Weather Effects
The heal power is stronger in sunny day
Sunny day is enacted
Immunity is processed before anything else
The Power is used but it never has a chance to have Sunny Day effect it.

This is an issue of command order.
Or, it's an issue of "The Way It's Supposed to Work".
10/04/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Shalura
Or, it's an issue of "The Way It's Supposed to Work".

Really? So Photosynthesis, the ability that is only on elemental pets, is actually never supposed to have its secondary ability trigger, and it's just there to taunt players?
So I had this exact question last week. This is what seems to be happening...

The Flower is an Elemental
Elementals are immune to Weather Effects
The heal power is stronger in sunny day
Sunny day is enacted
Immunity is processed before anything else
The Power is used but it never has a chance to have Sunny Day effect it.

This is an issue of command order.

I agree. I also think that Elementals need to be reworked so that they "Only ignore negative weather effects." Every other family has a strictly positive racial benefit, but Elementals can get serious hurt by theirs. The most effective use of "Sunny Day" is to put your opponent's elemenatals at a serious health disadvantage.

Just my 2 cents.
There should really be a thread listing pets that have known bugged, broken, or mislabeled tooltip abilities. I wouldn't have bothered leveling my Tiny Snowman if I had known Deep Freeze just wasn't going to work at all with the chilled effect.
The elemental "bonus" negates the affects of weather so it screws you over 9 times out of 10.