gearing my os

Quests
I assume quest loot is determined when you pick the quest up, yes? Does changing specs affect what loot you are offered?

My specific question relates to my pally: I'm MS holy but I have a prot spec to quest in. What do I have to do to get it to offer me holy loot with a minimum of spec-swapping?
Switch to your offspec to turn in.
Clearly its more efficient to give no options for loot, and only give you one, based on the current spec when turning in quests.
you need to switch to your other spec to get the other quest reward...

also you can search for the quest in wowhead and look for the rewards there. they added an option to select the class and it shows you what you can get with that class.. and for every spec...

for example look this quest:
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29824
when you select Paladin it shows that as prot you get the Ring of Restoration, as holy you get the Moonwater Ring and as ret you can get the Blossoming Ring...
Worst idea ever. Thanks Blizzard.
Once I head the end of townlong steppes, it started showing me items for both feral/guardian AND resto/moonkin. That combined with the adventure suppliers and I was able to update my resto spec pretty easily. It's really not as bad as it seems.
09/29/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Angeliqe
Once I head the end of townlong steppes, it started showing me items for both feral/guardian AND resto/moonkin. That combined with the adventure suppliers and I was able to update my resto spec pretty easily. It's really not as bad as it seems.

It's still pretty pointless. Their response to the question still doesn't tell us 'why' it would be bad to offer all spec quest rewards at the same time. And yeah, Townlong is the place where it is more consistent about offering all three specs at the same time. Not sure about DW since I haven't started questing there yet. I suppose a very thin reason for it would be Townlong and Dread Wastes is where you would actually start gearing for heroics, and no "reason" to give you choices before that (just my guess at their internal reason, not my idea, just the only one that makes logical sense to me)