Fistweaver -- What am I doing wrong?

Monk
No matter how badly I wanna do fistweaving, it just isn't enough to keep my tank or party alive. I always end up falling to the back and just healing from a distance a la priest style.

Am I doing something wrong? Does it get easier when I get flying crane kick?
;( I really don't mind playing this like a priest/druid, but it's just bugging me that I can't be a proper Fistweaver. lol

My normal rotation is:

Jab > Jab > Jab > Tiger Fist > TF > TF > Jab > Jab > Jab > Kick > Kick .... you get the idea. lol
You are level 28, is the problem. Fistweaving isn't really viable until you unlock Teachings of the Monastery.
The forum is a bit lagging. lol I'm level 34.
Melee attacks in the Healing stance works better at lower lvls. Mist is slightly broken as well. for some reason you will heal yourself instead of target. Melee Healing seems more reliable. Make sure you do your Kick when you have 2 Chi and it will give a big heal to your lowest health allie, Jab heals as well. only use Mist on allies about to die.
09/27/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Legendheals
Melee attacks in the Healing stance works better at lower lvls. Mist is slightly broken as well. for some reason you will heal yourself instead of target. Melee Healing seems more reliable. Make sure you do your Kick when you have 2 Chi and it will give a big heal to your lowest health allie, Jab heals as well. only use Mist on allies about to die.

Do you run into aggro problems, or are our misty attacks too pathetic to get mobs attention?
It's viable before you get spinning crane. Just pump out the damage as best you can. Jab, Blackout, Tiger Palm... Death Touch. Don't forget chi wave or whatever for the tier. I've run a few instance on live as a Fistweaver and it's worked out. I have had to roll away and trad heal from time to time, but typically I'm just pouring on the rotation and not worrying.
I've just started fist weaving in the forties, and here's what's been working for me:

Roll into the fight so people aren't dying before I get my chi rolling.
Renewing Mist on the tank, to generate 1 chi and keep him from dipping too low.
Jab once.
Blackout kick
Jab > Jab
Blackout kick. Now that I've done 2 blackout kicks, half my auto attack damage is AoE healing.
Jab > Chi Wave

That's my opening rotation. Keep Renewing Mist up on the tank and get blackout kick up. After that:

Jab > Tiger Palm x 3
Jab > Blackout kick
Jab > Tiger Palm x 2

Now I have an instant surging mist, should I need it.

Remember though: Your primary job is to heal, not have fun in melee range. If people's health starts dropping, STOP DPSing. Focus on your heals, and get everybody topped off.
Once you get SCK you can almost solo any of the low level instances (pre Cata). It's pretty OP at those levels.

While leveling I would pop Renewing Mists on the Tank pre pull. Roll behind him and use SCK followed by Chi Wave. I would mix between Tiger Palm to build toward a free Surging Mist and Jab for Chi.

Sometimes to practice and get the Muscle Memory down I would try to keep up a rotation but in the end for leveling stuff it was mostly SCK spam.