Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Adapter Type: Apple Mini DisplayPort To VGA Adapter
Adapter Firmware Version: 1.03

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.US
Keyboard Layout: ANSI

It only happens on my mage. All other toons have no sound issues, I fix it by altering sound settings. Also, the sound in the game, whether it be music, or ambient... will sometime hit a speed bump and turn off momentarily and start back up a few moments later, but from the beginning of the loop.
This has been going on for a month now, at least for me. What's being done to fix this? Any updates?
Please? Pretty please? Any update would let us know you're at least not just ignoring the issue.

One extra piece of info... the other day I got the sound loop of my water elemental even though he wasn't even active. That is to say the loop started with no elemental out. Hope that helps.

Please check in with us soon, we miss you.
This happens to me too, only when I play my mage.
Any word...?
Love how there is constant blue feedback on BS issues like "Why are Dranei neglected", but nothing regarding something major like broken sound.

How can we have fun with the expansion, new content, PvP, etc. if we have to constantly open the game menu and toggle a sound option to reset the loop?

Fix it!
Nazro, the blue post did acknowledge issue in post but beyond that has no new information to add. A post going "yep, nothing new" isn't always nessessary or good use of time.

hopefully 5.1 fixes, to be honest i haven't tested. Since i only encounter problem on mage alt, or if i encounter a turtle someone used /mountspecail on i rarely run into issue.
Nazro, the blue post did acknowledge issue in post but beyond that has no new information to add. A post going "yep, nothing new" isn't always nessessary or good use of time.

hopefully 5.1 fixes, to be honest i haven't tested. Since i only encounter problem on mage alt, or if i encounter a turtle someone used /mountspecail on i rarely run into issue.

No, but some insight into what the problem is and reassurance of when it will be fixed would be nice. They take time to respond to issues that have much more trivial than game sound.

It's nice you rarely run into an issue. But if your Sudden Death proc noise was stuck in a constant loop, every single time, you'd be singing a much different tune.

Yes, hopefully 5.1 provides a fix. But who would know with 0 blizz updates.
I can confirm that the problem isn't exclusive to mages, and neither is it exclusive to Macs (I'm on a PC).

I deal with this on both my mage & my warlock. On my mage, it's a continuous Arcane Blast sound. On my warlock, it's a continuous burning sound; I think it comes from immolate.

As others have stated, the only way to (temporarily) fix the problem is to toggle a system sound setting, such as death knight voices.