Monk: "You cannot dual wield"

Bug Report
So i just rolled my monk and found that apparently "he cant dual wield". But in his weapon skills (and beta) monks can.

Is it because my monk is only lvl1 or something?

Nvm, found the problem. Must be dps specd and lvl10. My bad.
Get DW based off your spec, so you should get it at level 10
Oh thank goodness. Was worried there for a moment.
a little bug: a lvl1-9 monk have dual wield listed in his weapon skills list.

But it is Windwalker only.
I am so confused - I got a level 11 Monk with the Windwalker specialization and I am unable to put a second one handed sword in my monk's hand - am I missing something ? - I even purchased two short one handed copper swords from the AH to make sure my heirlooms Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge weren't the problem - is this a known bug or again - am I missing something here ?

Arietty
Echo Isles.
^ iam ahaving the exact same thing... WTF is going on?
I am also having this problem. I am a 21 Mistweaver and I can not dual wield. If I change spec I can. Would love to know if it's a bug or are mistweavers not able to dual wield?
Only Brewmasters and Windwalker specialized monks can dual-wield. They gain the ability by way of a passive at level 10 which is granted by choosing one of the aforementioned specializations. Mistweaver specialized monks can only use 2H weapons and a mainhand/off hand combination.

This is not unique. Of Warriors only Fury can dual-wield, and of Shaman only Enhancement can dual-wield. To my knowledge, only Death Knights, Hunters (though it is of limited use) and Rogues are able to dual-wield regardless of spec (and can likely do so even without a spec).
I am so confused - I got a level 11 Monk with the Windwalker specialization and I am unable to put a second one handed sword in my monk's hand - am I missing something ? - I even purchased two short one handed copper swords from the AH to make sure my heirlooms Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge weren't the problem - is this a known bug or again - am I missing something here ?

Arietty
Echo Isles.

Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge is Main Hand not One Hand. Main Hand only weapons can not be equipped in off-hand slot...
Copper Shortswords are main hand as well.

Arietty
Echo Isles.

Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge is Main Hand not One Hand. Main Hand only weapons can not be equipped in off-hand slot...
Copper Shortswords are main hand as well.

That weapon used to be one handed. I bought the damn thing SPECIFICALLY so I could dual-wield it on my monk. Now I find out it's main hand - this was changed when 5.0.4 dropped. I'm pretty upset.
same problem
What exactly is your "same problem" considering most of the people in this thread are just misunderstanding game mechanics instead of a bug with the game?
02/18/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Rankìn
What exactly is your "same problem" considering most of the people in this thread are just misunderstanding game mechanics instead of a bug with the game?

I have two mainhands on my monk as ww level 15. The tool tip states one hand weapons, I have duel weild available, yet it still doesn't duel wield. If dw only applys to one handed weapons I would be concerned at the lack of information supplied.
mainhands

It states you can only equip it in the main hand, you can still equip a one handed weapon on the offhand. But for that specific item it can only be used.. in the main hand.

I'm not really sure of the problem here, and i'm trying to think of a way to run a joke into this of trying to equip boots on your head or something.

Edit: to the person who necro'd this thread - It wasn't really necessary to bump a bug report that had no real bug in it just to say "rofl".
my gnome is short must be a bug or something lol