Monk weapon confusion

Monk
I heard that in Beta DPS monks were supposed to dual wield and tanks were supposed to use a two-hander. I'm having trouble finding out if this is still the case. I've asked in guild and trade and the responses were mixed. I've scanned though the posts here an haven't found a definitive answer yet.

So, yeah, do DPS monks need to duel wield and tank monks use a two-hander, or does it matter?

Thanks in advance.
I was under the impression due to the talent, that it didnt matter if you dw or 2h dps wise, they were both in the same area.
It doesn't matter as Windwalker. As Brewmaster, it depends on your playstyle- from what I understand, DW will let you get more Blessing of the Ox health orbs, while 2h will let you get... some other benefit. I forget. Mistweaver should be obvious.

But it's close enough for both specs that sheer ilevel wins out. If you've got a level 400 2h, and 2 410 1hs, the 1hs are a better choice.
Use whatever has better stats. I'm sure there will be theorycrafting on EJ in a few weeks that will put one ahead of the other, but the intention is that you can choose to DW or 2H and not lower your DPS.
DW here and I'll stick with it since they removed frost DW. hopefully they don't limit us to 2h staff.

(btw, I just like the way it looks)
For equally statted items, DW is better for both BrM and WW simply because of the classes interaction with tigerstrikes.

As a brewmaster, I wouldn't pass up using 2h's if you dont have a feral druid or get an extra drop, because they aren't TERRIBLE. Just not as good from a min-max standpoint. Even for WW though, definitely grab a 2h if its a major Ilvl increase.
09/26/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Guotie
Use whatever has better stats. I'm sure there will be theorycrafting on EJ in a few weeks that will put one ahead of the other, but the intention is that you can choose to DW or 2H and not lower your DPS.

and if EJ wasn't around then what? You'd be lost wouldn't you lol?

DW is better then 2h for WW simple as that...
09/26/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Jackeechanda
since they removed frost DW

Huh? You mean for DKs? First I've heard of that.
For WW, DW gives you greater auto-attack damage while 2h gives you greater haste.

From what I've read, it seems that DW comes out on top in DPS ... by just a little.
Glad I found this thread, as I have no idea what I'm doing!

I'll keep on rocking the Heirloomz