The new Rift Pre-order deal

Games, Gaming and Hardware
I gotta admit, its a good one. Quick jab at Blizz

For every pre-order they give $1 to panda conservation

Proof:http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=30659
harr harr harr so funny guys
09/28/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Skinlesscorp
....WoW, cheap shot. Very funny, though!

Indeed
Amusing. Not amusing enough that I start playing Rift, but amusing none the less. '

What is with the RIFT devs/marketing staff anyway? They keep taking cheap shots at WoW
It all started with "We're not in Azeroth anymore...".
Amusing. Not amusing enough that I start playing Rift, but amusing none the less. '

What is with the RIFT devs/marketing staff anyway? They keep taking cheap shots at WoW

Probably drunk in the basement, crying at the Success of WoW and the failure of Rift?

They be jelly.
That is sad, really sad.

Anybody think they will even make the 10K cutoff point imposed by maine?
09/28/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Gulimarcin

Yeah, I never thought that was a good slogan. It would be fine if they definitely provided a better product, but in the end a lot of WoW players tried it out and weren't satisfied. I think Guild Wars 2's marketing was a lot better since they seemed to have a more mature approach.
That's actually a nice cause if it's true. Considering the sad state of pandas left in the world.

Save the pandas!
I gotta admit, its a good one. Quick jab at Blizz

For every pre-order they give $1 to panda conservation

Proof:http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=30659

Everything they've done has been a "quick jab at Blizz." The game itself is a "quick jab at Blizz." Still didn't kill WoW either.

But yes, it is awfully nice of them, even if it's kind of a facetious campaign.
So they're taking a serious topic, panda conservation, and trivializing it by turning it into a gimmick? Doesn't seem funny to me.
R I F T
u_ o w
b_ r i
b_ g c
i _ o e
s_ t
h
so fahhny joke
Riff's whole identity is "not being WoW" or taunting it, yet their game is just a WoW ripoff.
Awesome. Those pandas are gonna get at least $10.
09/28/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Kurnea

Yeah, I never thought that was a good slogan. It would be fine if they definitely provided a better product, but in the end a lot of WoW players tried it out and weren't satisfied. I think Guild Wars 2's marketing was a lot better since they seemed to have a more mature approach.

There's a grave in GW2 in the language OF that game that says "Here lies World of Warcraft".