Mists of Pandaria disks won't load!

Technical Support
I just bought the Mists of Pandaria expansion, but when I put the first disk in my computer, it only opens up the World of Warcraft log-in screen; and once I log in, i am put into my normal game without the mists of Pandaria expansion. Help! I know im supposed to get some instructions once I put the disk in, but it only opens up my log-in screen!
Evaaly,

You don't need to sue the Mists DVD at all if you already have the game installed and running. You just need to add the game code to your Battle.net account in order to unlock the new content.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6712951457
You also need to add the CD-Key to your account page
I added new game code and upgraded my account.... nevertheless, the game will not install on my computer from the install disks... I do not want to download game as I have limited internet, so I purchased the game and the disks will not install. I just brings up the game launcher and says game is up to date. When I log on, none of the new content is available (of course) as it has not been installed.

And, I am trying to load it for my teenager as well, and his computer and set of disks are doing the exact same thing. His computer has xp and mine windows 7

UPDATE: apparently, there is no need to install anything... the game really is up to date already and you just upgrade account and then log on...log back off and log on again and the new content is available.
I bought 2 hard copys today for me and my wife well my wife put the code to her acct and everything is fine I put my code to my acct and it says on the battlenet site i have MoP but when i try to play my character screen shows Im still only upto Cata i can make pandas but cant make monks it says i need MoP I tried my acct on my wifes laptop and same thing could it be that blizzard didnt fully upgrade my acct to MoP? Im not sure if I should ry to uninstall and reinstall since I have read nothing but problems when people are trying this..I did submit a ticket abt 4 hrs ago but I am hoping maybe someone on here may have some advice..thank you
So what about those of us that didn't have the client installed at all? Stuck downloading it? What are the disks for then? I just spent close to 100 bucks on a game that I have to wait 6 days to download, when the content should just be on the disk to begin with?!?

I've been stuck at 0.1% for an hour now. No original - cata wow client installed. What the hell happened to just putting the game on the disk?
Same here spent 80.00 on disc,. have to use download client at turtle speed, it will take days to download this,, This is WRONG..
Agreed. I have a slow Internet connection so therefore I buy the physical versions to avoid the download. The manual says "Disc 1 and 2 contain...all content up through Mysts of Pandaria", but yet it goes to the Internet to get it. Each disk has over 7GB of hidden content, so the data is there. I even turned off my network to try to force it to read the disk and it just errors that there is no network connection. Major screw up in my opinion.
09/26/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Arlzarn
Agreed. I have a slow Internet connection so therefore I buy the physical versions to avoid the download. The manual says "Disc 1 and 2 contain...all content up through Mysts of Pandaria", but yet it goes to the Internet to get it. Each disk has over 7GB of hidden content, so the data is there. I even turned off my network to try to force it to read the disk and it just errors that there is no network connection. Major screw up in my opinion.

Oh joy.

I bought the disk, too (hasn't arrived yet) for the same reason (very limited broadband allowance each month - just 8 gig)...but now I'm wondering what the point of buying it was, if the disks are duds and the system is going to force us to download 19 gig of data anyway?

I put a ticket in 6 hours ago, but haven't heard back yet, so I'm guessing they're run off their feet with all sorts of unexpected problems.

Going to have to cancel my subs and return the disks for a refund if this is, indeed, the case and the system is designed to force everyone into a 19 gig download :(
So let me get this straight people (including me) avoid the download of 20 gigs for the 2 pre mists patches and in the end we end up downloading it anyway? What is the point of the disks if they just go to the internet like the launcher? Morgana, if you hear back from them tell me the solution (if there is one) please.
I will, Grundomer. Have bookmarked this page so I can report back.

Although, reading the blue comment above again: "You don't need to sue the Mists DVD at all if you already have the game installed and running. You just need to add the game code to your Battle.net account in order to unlock the new content."

I have everything up to and including Cata installed, but haven't played since April (have downloaded all the patch files from the Telstra Unmetered/Games Arena site between April and Sept though).

Oh well. It's a wait and see game, really. Not sure whether all I have to do is bung in the disks after adding the game code to battle.net account and play, or whether it does force us into a massive download anyway.

Either I'm a bit dense (all signs point to that being the case), or something's not right.
Morgana:
I currently have the first patch of cata because i unistalled the game and the reinstalled, man I hope they get to this problem before the weekend.
I'm hoping there's no problem at all and we're worrying for nothing :)
Ah-ha! Clicking on the link from the blue above, first comment:

"If you have 5.0.5, you do not need to install anything. Just add the CD-Key to your account and wait til 12AM Sept 25th PDT".

and:

"The disc is 5.0 to be exact. This is why you can't install it. The disc is for people that don't have 5.0.5 or are re-installing"

Helpful!
this may work im not sure im in the process right now
1: Go to my computer by clicking start
2: Right click the MoP disk (1 or 2)
3: Hit open with auto play
4: Hit open files
5: Select all the files excluding the one labeled desktop
6: Copy and paste them to you wow folder

Im not sure if this will work as im doing it right now, its taking about 35 miniutes to do the first disk.
Having the same problem as everyone else... Bought the discs thinking I could avoid 30 gigs worth of content downloading at 250kb per second but after putting the first disc in and waiting 3 hours I am currently at 0.2% completed. Seriously? Why are things being downloaded through the internet if all of the content is already on the cd's???
Install in Safe-mode with Networking

Hit F8 while your computer is booting, before the windows loading screen
I'm having the same problem. My internet only downloads at 80kbs so I bought the physical copy since I just upgraded to a new ssd HD and had to reinstall everything. It took 3 days last time to do this update. The game had me put in the second disc at .3% which took almost an hour to get to. No idea what its doing now but I'm at .4% FML !!!!!!
Same deal here, put disks in after reinstalling the game and it opens up the launcher and downloads it. (All 20 gigs)
I will, Grundomer. Have bookmarked this page so I can report back.

Although, reading the blue comment above again: "You don't need to sue the Mists DVD at all if you already have the game installed and running. You just need to add the game code to your Battle.net account in order to unlock the new content."

I have everything up to and including Cata installed, but haven't played since April (have downloaded all the patch files from the Telstra Unmetered/Games Arena site between April and Sept though).

Oh well. It's a wait and see game, really. Not sure whether all I have to do is bung in the disks after adding the game code to battle.net account and play, or whether it does force us into a massive download anyway.

Either I'm a bit dense (all signs point to that being the case), or something's not right.