Battle pet training not registering as known

Bug Report
Okay, this could be a little confusing, but here goes.
I bought Battle pet training on my lvl 85 undead warlock, and everything was fine. Logged into my lvl 14 Pandaren monk, everything's not fine. My spellbook says I need battle pet training, and that I can get it from the trainer, but I can still engage in pet battles. I go to talk to the trainer, and he won't sell me the crane chick because I need the battle pet training passive, but I can't get the battle pet training passive because the very same trainer who says I can't have the chick cause I don't have the ability won't sell me the ability because I already have it.

I have a screen shot that might help. Get back to me on this one.
Same thing happening to me - trained pet battles on my 85 night elf druid, but it's still showing as unlearned on my monk even though I can track and battle pets in the world. The crane chick is taunting me!
I've got the same issue.
Stable Masters also won't heal my battle pets on my other characters either.
Related bug - I won my 25th pet battle in a row on my monk, so now the achievement is sitting at 25/25, but it won't actually give me the achievement, even after I went back to my druid and won another battle.
I ave the same issue as Deadybear on my Panda Rogue
Similar issue here...I bought battle pet training on my lvl 85 DK and everything seems to work fine on that toon and my other 85s. When I log into my lvl 12 pandaren monk my spellbook says I need battle pet training but pet battles are available to me and the batle pets show up all over Org with the little green paw icons. I can talk to the trainer but he won't sell me the crane because it says I need battle pet training passive. I don't know if this is part of it but the crane pet is only visible to my monk even though I can't purchase it. It does not show up at all on any of my 85s as an available purchase from the trainer.
I had a different problems. Trained Pet battle on my 85 Horde paladin and got the initial quest, which I did not do. Logged onto my Alliance 85 Shaman later and went to train pet battle and it was not available. I decided to try to battle the rabbit in front of me to see what would happen, and I got credit for the Horde quest with instructions to report to orgimmar to turn it in. Not in the mood for PVP at this time. I also cannot drop this quest.
Likewise... got Battle Pet Training on my 85 Warrior but it doesn't show as known on my 11 Panda Monk.

Hope they fix it soon.
Same problem here... all my characters got the skill -Except my monk- so this is probably a monk bug.
Not just a monk bug; my Pandaren Hunter can do pet battles, but is registered as not knowing the skill and cannot learn it from the Horde trainer. She too cannot buy the crane nor heal at stable masters.

The Pandaren is Horde on Kirin Tor, the character who trained it originally is on Wyrmrest Accord and Alliance.
Same issue here.
Bought Battle Pet Training on another character. This one is able to engage in battles, do the quest with the master in Duskwood (the one in Lakeshire was bugged for Xiri, but not my druid) but the same thing that the OP is describing is happening to this one as well:

My spellbook says I need battle pet training, and that I can get it from the trainer, but I can still engage in pet battles. I go to talk to the trainer, and he won't sell me the crane chick because I need the battle pet training passive, but I can't get the battle pet training passive because the very same trainer who says I can't have the chick cause I don't have the ability won't sell me the ability because I already have it.
(just replace blue moth with crane chick for me)

Logged onto my 85 hunter and she is registering with the trainer as having the training and was able to grab the moth.

The toon that I did originally buy the training with is deleted.
Seems to be a issue with pandas and choosing sides , both pandas that ive leveled up have the same issue the skill doesnt show after you chose a faction but they were before when i was on the wandering isle , so you can heal or buy the crane
My panda got the message that they had to visit the battle trainer while they were on the Wandering Isle, but the skill did not register as known while there either.
This is happening on all of my toons, not just my Pandaren. I can't get the crane chick on any of my toons, even though I have already trained Battle Pet Training. It says I need Battle Pet Training (Passive), but does not give my toons the option to train. I figured the restart would have fixed this, but nope. Still broken.
09/27/2012 05:35 AMPosted by Valantor
Seems to be a issue with pandas and choosing sides , both pandas that ive leveled up have the same issue the skill doesnt show after you chose a faction but they were before when i was on the wandering isle , so you can heal or buy the crane
Not just with pandas
Same problem that everyone seems to be having except mine is with a Worgen, not a Pandaren.

There was another thread about this too. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6713581675
You can't get the crane chick on any of your other alts, because it's a racial battle pet only available to Pandaren.
It does seem to be more common with newly made characters, but it is not guaranteed to happen to them all; my daughter made a new Pandaren shaman last night and had no problem with Battle Pet Training transferring over at level 5 as it was supposed to.

Would love to hear a response to this before I add to the pile of tickets . . . . .
Same issue here with my panda monk, level 12.
I am having the issue. I even completed the account bound quest on my panda and all my characters but my panda are getting it. So I can't even get my pet from the vender. Waited 2 days for bug report and got a crappy generic response to watch the forums but still no blue text on this issue I see.

When I go to buy the Jade Crane it says I don't have it yet I can run around and battle pets with no issue. Be nice if I could get this fixed I don't want to restart my panda.