Panda Paladins...

Paladin
09/28/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Phisen
Spiritual as they may be...but hell give them panda paladin's. Take away cowadins b/c lets face it thats just retarded

But they learn how to walk on the sun and by walking on the sun they now can harness the power of the Paladin... yea.
Honestly I greatly confused me why Blizz didn't Let Pandarin be Paladins.
Blizzard gave everyone a new race to be when Cata launched, everyone except Alliance Paladins...
Honestly I greatly confused me why Blizz didn't Let Pandarin be Paladins.
Blizzard gave everyone a new race to be when Cata launched, everyone except Alliance Paladins...

Be thankful you got a choice between 3 for pally, i got to choose to be dinner or a blood elf. First pally i had was human
Uther was all 3 specs at the same time.

Cause he's Uther.
i would think that one of the ressons are paladins are a god thing as in the allmighty god were pandas were made to be monks as thats how they grew up in pandaria untill alliance and horde came along and paladins and monks would beliven to different gods if that makes sence? lol
I imagine it's because, lore-wise, Pandaren are meant to keep a balance in all things. To be a Paladin, you have to have a zealous belief that you are correct. That doesn't really fit well with being a Pandaren.
09/27/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Baustert
It would make a lot more sense to have Worgen paladins as opposed to Pandas, considering that cursed or not, Gilneas had a light-worshipping church inset in its society. Pandas... It just dosnt make sense. Gimme mah wolfadins first.

Except a Gilnean Paladin would simply be a Human. Roleplay that way if you like.

A Paladin would be immune to their lycanthropy.
I want night elf paladins!, if we marry a night elf warrior and a priest they make babies and teach em both warrior and priest things and then they become the first paladins!

That way ill have two paladins, one red and the other blue!
bump! Alliance needs a new Pally Race!
If I had to guess which Ally Race could become Paladins, Id say Night Elves. Though Worgen are part human, it just doesnt seem paladin like to be a wolf. Though they did go and make Tauren Paladins, so I guess they can do anything. Night Elves seem like good candidates. If Humans tought the Dwarves to be Paladins, I dont see why the Night Elves cant learn, theyve been allied with the Humans for a long time. Or they can make them discover it on their own like Tauren. Itd actually be a good counter to the Sun Walkers if the Night Elves were able to use the light of the Moon for their Paladin light like they do with Priests.
09/28/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Phisen
Spiritual as they may be...but hell give them panda paladin's. Take away cowadins b/c lets face it thats just retarded

Cowadins ftw :)
09/28/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Elidra
It would make a lot more sense to have Worgen paladins as opposed to Pandas, considering that cursed or not, Gilneas had a light-worshipping church inset in its society. Pandas... It just dosnt make sense. Gimme mah wolfadins first.

Except a Gilnean Paladin would simply be a Human. Roleplay that way if you like.

A Paladin would be immune to their lycanthropy.

Why would they be? Paladins aren't immune to curses, nor Druidic magic.
pandaren paladin would be great and a win for both horde and alliance so they can both have a additional race to play as a paladin and blizz would make more "monies" for race change.
09/29/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Airc
Why would they be? Paladins aren't immune to curses, nor Druidic magic.

They're immune (lore-wise) to disease and other nasty stuff.
09/28/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Palastorm
Orc Druids.

How does Cenarius feel about this?
he would say he never was a druid..
There's a simple game design reason for this. There's 3 hybrid classes.
Paladin
Druid
Monk

Historically hybrid classes see a lot of play time compared to the other classes. Blizzard just opened up to every race save two a new hybrid class. Plus the new race can be said hybrid class. You might note that prior to Cataclysm no race had both Paladin and Druid and as such did not have multiple hybrid classes.

So the reason being is to create tension between different race/class offerings to make that beginning choice feel like the beginning of a long game of choices. Offering Paladins to Pandas would definitely water down the options. I'm actually amazed they decided to allow monks on almost every race.
nothing feel the same as the originator >.>