So everyone says Priests are in a bad spot...

Priest
I'm still leveling as of this post date and I'm curious. Are we talking bad like "time to reroll" or bad like "No top-end progression raiding until we get patched"?

I would hate to reroll because I literally _just_ hit 85 two days before MoP dropped. However, if this priest is going to be severely gimped -- to the point of not being fun -- for the whole expansion then it would be worth my time to spend a week rerolling paladin (in my mind).
if by "in a bad spot" they mean we are so damn good that if enough people cry nerf blizz might just do it...then yes
Re roll NAO.
Priests are fine, some things are a bit silly but not gamebreaking per se. Rapture needs love IMO. 10400 spirit (8840 with IW at a cost of 10% spellpower) to make PWS mana neutral once every 12 secs? Seems a bit much to me.
Thanks for the input, especially Miwok XD. I'll be sticking with this priest because:

1) I enjoy the healing role
2) I enjoy the mechanics of priest healing
3) The juxtaposition of undead forsaken priest just appeals to me
Even if Priests really needed buffs (I have no idea), we'd probably get them in the first content patch at the latest.
Yesh... me, me matesh, we said, we... gosh your pretty consh.. conshi... consi.. eh @#$% it.

No seriously, what is "Everyone says"? It's like getting your information from the racist drunk in the pub (who in this case is the Mage, DK or Rogue who've been qqing for weeks that we aren't easy kills anymore).
09/28/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Taheraliel
No seriously, what is "Everyone says"?

And honestly that's a valid point. I could have phrased the title better; more along the lines of "I hear from various sources..."
I haven't played at level 90 in beta and obviously still working on my levelling. Thus far the only way I see where Priests struggle - is mana return for the healing specs. We got hit the hardest in that respect. Otherwise, I feel priests are still simply the best :)
But I could be biased...........( and I cannot wait to finish getting my baby priest [level 56] up and ready for when this girl is locked!)
Shadow is in a bad spot for PvE. I'm not sure about Holy or Disc, though.
If you think priests are in a bad spot, you are going to have a bad time.

Side note Holy is !@#$ing redic right now and I mop the floor with hpallies and rdruids allllll day.
I've run several heroics so far in live, and my biggest observation is that - like in beginning Cataclysm - we have a hard time correcting for the group's mistakes. If people follow mechanics quickly, immediately move out of fire/bad stuff, and avoid the predictable frontal cone attacks that many bosses have, we're ok. But there is once again a greater responsibility for DPS and Tanks to be accountable for themselves, because we can OOM quickly healing through reckless behavior. While some groups make priest healing very difficult, I'll be sticking with my priest because the mechanics are FUN. I'm having a blast with Cascade in both Holy and Shadow. While healing, conservation is key. DPS is facemelting as usual
The rogue says

09/28/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Nourii
For PvE, priests are fine.

The druid says

09/28/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Yenkitty
Shadow is in a bad spot for PvE

http://www.addfunny.com/funnypictures/sad/51/pocketkitty.jpg
I'll be honest and say that it feels okay as Disc, mechanics are enjoyable, Cascade is a "squee" moment every time. Mana regen feels a bit dodgy but my gear is only sitting at ilvl 449 with about 5200 Spirit so I'm not entirely sure how it will feel once I'm wearing full heroic/raid gear/Malevolent but I assume slightly behind what other healers experience. Not too bad though, biggest gripe is that AoE healing is still pretty lacklustre (not that it's ever really been good) other than that and slight mana issues it seems quite enjoyable.
I have been playing shadow almost exclusively for MoP and in Heroics I am seeing about 40-45k dps pretty consistently with some bursts of 50k+. From what I have seen from the meters were just fine, not broken at all really.
Compared to cata release, which was a nightmare for priests (especially pvp)...

My priest is enjoying life.

I hope it stays like this. Blizz owes us.
Karrakis
85 Night Elf Mage
JGZ ft World

I'll be honest and say that it feels okay as Disc, mechanics are enjoyable, Cascade is a "squee" moment every time.

I cannot wait to try Cascade!!! And I think once I'm done levelling I may put my Shadow to Holy as Disc is my main spec.:) But shadow is so fun..we'll see :D
09/28/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Nyrok
I've run several heroics so far in live, and my biggest observation is that - like in beginning Cataclysm - we have a hard time correcting for the group's mistakes. If people follow mechanics quickly, immediately move out of fire/bad stuff, and avoid the predictable frontal cone attacks that many bosses have, we're ok. But there is once again a greater responsibility for DPS and Tanks to be accountable for themselves, because we can OOM quickly healing through reckless behavior. While some groups make priest healing very difficult, I'll be sticking with my priest because the mechanics are FUN. I'm having a blast with Cascade in both Holy and Shadow. While healing, conservation is key. DPS is facemelting as usual

I completely agree with this, I haven't started heroics but I am already noticing it even on normals especially with correcting group mistakes.

Compared to cata release, which was a nightmare for priests (especially pvp)...

My priest is enjoying life.

I hope it stays like this. Blizz owes us.

Cata especially early release is exactly why I ended up quitting the game.