Pet limit

Pet Battles
Is there a limit to how many pets we can have?
Something like 500 IIRC.
3 of each, up to 500 total.
Is there any post or guide or something that shows this?
09/27/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Ponyo
Is there any post or guide or something that shows this?

I know I read this somewhere from an official source, but I can't remember where. I know the system will tell you when you try to catch a fourth pet that you have too many of that type already, though.
ok and rarity is not a factor in how many right? If I had 1 poor, 1 common, 1 uncommon, and I tried to get a rare, I would not be able to get the rare?
The 500 limit was in the FAQ in the beta forums.
And yes, it doesn't count quality. 3 pets, could be 3 poors, could be 3 rares. Really there's not much point in having more than 1 of a given pet anyway. I only keep a single one of the highest quality I've caught.
The 500 limit was in the FAQ in the beta forums.
And yes, it doesn't count quality. 3 pets, could be 3 poors, could be 3 rares. Really there's not much point in having more than 1 of a given pet anyway. I only keep a single one of the highest quality I've caught.

While that is true, I could say the point was "fun". I am a collector and I find it very fun to collect all of them. So, I guess I will just work on getting a rare of each.
If 3 of a kind is the limit, why do I have 8 wolpertingers and 7 sinister squashlings?
09/27/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Karamia
If 3 of a kind is the limit, why do I have 8 wolpertingers and 7 sinister squashlings?

Pets obtained before Mists are excluded from this. It's the rule going forward, though.
09/27/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Karamia
Because you had that many between all your characters. They did a one-time exception to the rule when the pets from all your chars were merged to one account.
I agree with Ponyo, I am a pet collector and think it is fun to catch the ones I don't have but then if I can only get to 500 then I guess I have to be picky on which ones I get......so how do you get rid of some that you already have collected?