Please give monks non-90 PvP gear.

Monk
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
Blizzard has stated time and time again that they do not and will not focus on putting out content or updates for lower levels that will interfere with the release of content for end game because there is already an absolute ton of it already in the game. Either way, there is plenty of high end level 70 gear that players have access to if they really want to gear out or twink their monks at 70. If not and you just want to do some bgs, well then your s.o.l and should focus more on leveling and bging in higher tiers when you have better gear, etc.

I would not expect to see any gear for monks being released (ad for level 70 brutal sets) until next year some time.

That's super extra lazy though. They could most definitely just remove the class requirement on the Druid set, to accommodate all three Monk speccs. It's not like anyone cares what the set looks like, they just want to be able to compete in those brackets.

That way of thinking is pretty awful. Not everybody has the latest expansion, or even expansions before that. You need to at least try to accommodate all your customers. Sure, if you don't have the latest expansion, don't expect many cookies, but I can't imagine that allowing a class to actually have a PvP set is THAT much of a fancy idea. Pretty sure more Monks will be going through the level 60-85 PvP brackets than those that will be seeing high end raid content. And this, throughout this entire expansion. Not that they should focus on low end content first, but at least make sure the fundamentals are met.
support

it's not like it would be hard to just allow the druid/rogue sets to be usable by monks...but i wouldn't expect an update for about 6 months or more
I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN
i dont thimk this should happen, here
s why monks are a new class and just like dks they shouldnt get pvp gear that they DIDNT exist FOR if dks never got good gear at 70 we were stuck with trash pve gear that had NO resil and w e were forced to gem resil which nullified it being pve gear but we lost haste crit/ 35 res 2 set bonus THATS WHY I LEVELED if monks can be tanks AND healser do you think it would be fair if a healing monk used tank monk gear no it wouldnt be fair thatd be op i dont think that wud be fair because itd be op they should be forced to use PVE just like DKs since dks didnt exist for TBC either
your post makes my eyes bleed i'm sending you my hospital bill
NO reason at all it shouldn't

cant wait to get back into the 70-74 scene
note2self get main to run me thru BC t6 content
They could most definitely just remove the class requirement on the Druid set, to accommodate all three Monk speccs. It's not like anyone cares what the set looks like, they just want to be able to compete in those brackets.

Yes ^

I support this idea
09/30/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Koukuei
Would rather see a focus on current monk issues that exist rather than ones that don't.

I'm sorry, did you level that monk from 1 to 87 in the less than a week that MOP's been out, through the actual 1-87 content? Didn't think so. You most likely used a combination of RAF and looms/other XP boosts. Don't say an issue doesn't exist just because you didn't have to deal with it since you skipped entire years' worth of content in your haste to reach max and get bored of the game. lol

Why not just let us buy rogue/druid gear?

Support.

Check the levels 1-90. I did level no RAF. It was sleepless nights but don't assume. There is plenty of content to go back to. Farming undergeared people trying to level is not a "year's content."
i totaly agree i have no interest in questing generaly so itll be a while before i have any other toons lvl 90 so twinking my monk would be great id also like the 60 druid sets to be made avalible for monks.
I agree! Monks are so under powered right now except for healing... but all healing classes are OP anyway so whats the point in keeping monks out of the loop? Right now we can't play our monks in pvp from 70-85 unless we want to die more than the damage we do.

10/09/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Gabric
i totaly agree i have no interest in questing generaly so itll be a while before i have any other toons lvl 90 so twinking my monk would be great id also like the 60 druid sets to be made avalible for monks.
they'll never make 60 sets for any more classes.... as previously stated 60 pvp gear is for those who have classic classes only.
i dont thimk this should happen, here
s why monks are a new class and just like dks they shouldnt get pvp gear that they DIDNT exist FOR if dks never got good gear at 70 we were stuck with trash pve gear that had NO resil and w e were forced to gem resil which nullified it being pve gear but we lost haste crit/ 35 res 2 set bonus THATS WHY I LEVELED if monks can be tanks AND healser do you think it would be fair if a healing monk used tank monk gear no it wouldnt be fair thatd be op i dont think that wud be fair because itd be op they should be forced to use PVE just like DKs since dks didnt exist for TBC either

Is a DK really saying this seeing how Blizzard gave ya'll a level 70 set?

09/28/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Shaólin
I really hope they do because 70-74 is my favorite bracket

75-79 is so much better cause you can gear out in full cata greens/blues and just destroy people who were too stupid to buy them.
I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN
Level to 90 there ya go I solved your problem
I 100% agree. I have been 70 twinking sense Burning Crusade. I myself would enjoy getting pvp gear once I hit 70. I have friends who I want to arena with and what not. It would be very enjoyable if I didn't have to farm Sunwell and BT. I mean I will for pve gear and the occasional leg piece for pvp but besides that I want to run Sunwell and BT for my pve gear. Not pvp. Almost level 61 now and I have about 1.9k honor. I'm saving up for whatever I can get. Let's make it happen blizz. And I 100% oppose reusing the druid gear. I want my own Monkish style set
I support the fudge out of this, please make them a pvp set, or just recolor or w/e. Making them their own set would be awesome though.
bumping with music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbkv5xOLvnA
I too would like to see the monks have a pvp set for brackets other than end game. Those levels mostly being 60, 70, 80, & 85.