Admiral Rogers was correct

Moon Guard
Prev 1 9 10 11
I think Anduin's anti-war sentiment comes a lot from a single conversation he had with Varian, and it is still one of my favorite moments of the king. It's at the start of Wrath, when he and Anduin see the Alliance fleet off from Stormwind.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/Wilfred_Ivanhoe/Game%2520screenshots/varian.jpg

For anyone who doesn't want to click on the link:

"But, you aren't like that, are you father? You're sorry not to be going with Bolvar. You love to fight. Father... Do you think there's something wrong with me, that I do not?"

"You're a valiant lad, Anduin, and when you have to fight, you acquit yourself bravely, with honor. That is enough.

I do not thirst for war as some men do. But... It's true that I feel most alive in the midst of battle. Maybe that means there's something wrong with me... Though that's just as well, considering our present circumstances. A great and terrible war is coming.

When we win, and the Lich King has been defeated.... Then let us hope your time, a time of peace, and healing, will begin. When that day comes, you will be greater than I."

Of course, Horde love affair works too.
I've always hated Anduin,

He puts Lothar's name to shame :(
Anduin is a moron. Apparently, his idea of peace is Stormwind being razed by the Horde a second time.

I swear he must be Tiron's son and the babies were just swapped at birth.

Edit: but there isn't really an explanation. It's just bad writing.
I've always hated Anduin,

He puts Lothar's name to shame :(
As bizarre as it may sound, Anduin was actually well-done in the comics.

He was smart, rational, observant, courageous, and already attaining some expertise with the bow and arrow. When Onyxia kidnapped him and lashed him to a rock in her cave as a last-ditch effort to coerce Varian, he didn't sit around and cry. No, he broke his damn ropes and started his own escape attempt before Varian's rescue even got there. And at the peace conference in Theramore he wasn't afraid to fire a verbal shot at Garrosh when the squawk box mouthed off that even had Thrall laugh at the moron.

It seemed clear that the story was shaping him up to be a warrior-king like Varian but without his father's mental scars and a calmer outlook.

Then Blizzard's dev team started writing for him directly, and it all just went to !@#$. Again, because of Blizzard's obnoxious Army-of-Light/we-all-have-to-work-together plot. Anduin put aside his bow and started training as a priest, something that just came entirely out of nowhere. There's still hints of the original character in there, but it's become almost entirely obscured by Blizzard mutating him into some kind of Chosen One who will bring Balance to the Forrce and yadda yadda yadda.
I didn't hate him -yet- in the comics.

But trying to use his statement that he'd prefer peace as support for him being buddy buddy with the orcs that are hunting him down, not to mention slaughtered his people and kill his grandfather, is moronic.
As bizarre as it may sound, Anduin was actually well-done in the comics.

He was smart, rational, observant, courageous, and already attaining some expertise with the bow and arrow. When Onyxia kidnapped him and lashed him to a rock in her cave as a last-ditch effort to coerce Varian, he didn't sit around and cry. No, he broke his damn ropes and started his own escape attempt before Varian's rescue even got there. And at the peace conference in Theramore he wasn't afraid to fire a verbal shot at Garrosh when the squawk box mouthed off that even had Thrall laugh at the moron.

It seemed clear that the story was shaping him up to be a warrior-king like Varian but without his father's mental scars and a calmer outlook.

Then Blizzard's dev team started writing for him directly, and it all just went to !@#$. Again, because of Blizzard's obnoxious Army-of-Light/we-all-have-to-work-together plot. Anduin put aside his bow and started training as a priest, something that just came entirely out of nowhere. There's still hints of the original character in there, but it's become almost entirely obscured by Blizzard mutating him into some kind of Chosen One who will bring Balance to the Forrce and yadda yadda yadda.

That was Golden, actually. Blizzard had no intentions for the character until Golden picked him up in "The Shattering."
Anduin is a moron. Apparently, his idea of peace is Stormwind being razed by the Horde a second time.

I swear he must be Tiron's son and the babies were just swapped at birth.

This is Anduin in Tides of War:

“I fear I will never be one to send off men and women into battle with joy,” he said. “Even though there could scarcely be a more just reason for doing so. The Horde has acted against us in a manner too terrible to ignore. All who believe in justice and decency must take a stand against the horrors of Theramore.” Varian, listening intently, recalled how the aftermath had been described, how it had turned Jaina from a rational, compassionate woman into someone who wanted—nay, hungered for—violence and revenge. “If we do not act now—if these brave soldiers and sailors of the Alliance do not set forth now—then we condone what was done. We encourage, even invite, more violence, more slaughter of the innocent. Garrosh Hellscream has said bluntly that he wishes to drive out the Alliance from the entire continent of Kalindor. We cannot meekly accept this. There comes a time when even the kindest heart must say, ‘No, enough.’ And that time has come.”

He even follows it up with a mass-blessing. Anduin was established to be pretty firmly anti-Horde. It's really weird game-play writing that in the quest to open up the Vale, he didn't explain the reasons the Alliance are fighting, and turn the Celestials on the Horde. Hell, even the Sunwalker with him balks at the 'essentially good' statement going "Kid, have you -met- our Warchief?"
Yeah, the Anduin in the quote doesn't sound too awful.

Although I hate the representation of Jaina. Only now is she behaving reasonably.

Previously, she murdered her own father to protect some orcs. She was crazy before, not now.
I think Anduin's entire purpose nowadays is simply to make Baine and him the new 'cross faction buddies' now that Thrall and Jaina are over.