Patch 5.0 & MOP created bad fps & stutter

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 22 Next
I could run Cata on Average settings with no lag, now the FPS is between 60 and 6 with massive fluctuations.

I can understand Blizzard wanting to up the graphical quality to stay competitive, but when it screws over a few million of its players? They should care, how much in lost Subs revenue are they losing due to "wanting to stay competitive" Maybe they could buy all of us with low end machines a new computer, Dreams are free.

Not everyone can afford a new computer Blizzard the least you could do is keep the old graphic levels in as an option and allow those with newer machines to simply set their graphic options higher. But then that would be the smart thing to do.

It is not the quality of the systems. While not now the most up to date video card. I am using an NVIDIA GeForce 480 GTX, and others even higher level cards. My system is a 64 bit Windows 7 with high level dual core processors, 16 gig of RAM, a solid state hard drive (one of 3 hard drives), etc. I am a novice at computers, but I pay experts to build my system and keep it up to date. It is at Blizzard's end. I was playing at max everything in 25 man raids even with -0- problems until about Thursday.

I had been getting video card crashes a month of two ago, but updated drivers and that fixed that. No problems leveling this character to 90, which was before Thursday. But on second character on way to 90 it started, again, about Thursday.
Yeah, so, up until yesterday I was having issues with my monitor always flickering off/on... Got that fixed and now my FPS is messed up??? 11fps in off-peak hours...

Just one thing after another it seems.

(deep breath) *sigh
To the OP,

I wholeheartedly /sign, and will assist you in Bumping as necessary to keep it fresh.

Thanks man. I hope something get's done about this, I had read your thread as well as so many since patch 5.0 It seems like we are getting shunned hard on this one. It's amazing how many ppl are still throwing out the basic troubleshoot blizz responses on this issue, while ignoring the fact that we have done all there is to do as well as the fact that it is affecting so many people. I really like the game, have been a part of it for so long, and it is just becoming intolerable to play now.
I could run Cata on Average settings with no lag, now the FPS is between 60 and 6 with massive fluctuations.

I can understand Blizzard wanting to up the graphical quality to stay competitive, but when it screws over a few million of its players? They should care, how much in lost Subs revenue are they losing due to "wanting to stay competitive" Maybe they could buy all of us with low end machines a new computer, Dreams are free.

Not everyone can afford a new computer Blizzard the least you could do is keep the old graphic levels in as an option and allow those with newer machines to simply set their graphic options higher. But then that would be the smart thing to do.

It is not the quality of the systems. While not now the most up to date video card. I am using an NVIDIA GeForce 480 GTX, and others even higher level cards. My system is a 64 bit Windows 7 with high level dual core processors, 16 gig of RAM, a solid state hard drive (one of 3 hard drives), etc. I am a novice at computers, but I pay experts to build my system and keep it up to date. It is at Blizzard's end. I was playing at max everything in 25 man raids even with -0- problems until about Thursday.

I had been getting video card crashes a month of two ago, but updated drivers and that fixed that. No problems leveling this character to 90, which was before Thursday. But on second character on way to 90 it started, again, about Thursday.

This is an important point you make, that MUST be gotten across to Blizzard AND to other players, that this is happening to rigs that have the newest hardware, as well as slightly older rigs, and much older rigs. Like you said, it's not the quality of the systems. It's a problem in Blizzards 5.0.4. Update.

I've got a custom-built rig built in 2011, with an Intel i7 2.6 Processor, 12 Gigs of RAM, ASUS Pro Gaming motherboard capable of holding three video cards, 1 TB Western Digital Hard Drive, Corsair 1,200 Watt PSU, Dual ATI HD 5870's(In Crossfire), and one of the biggest gaming cases for air ventilation and cooling you can buy, the Coolermaster HAF X.

Before the August 29th 5.0.4 Update, I was running the game with almost everything at Ultra or High, and my system wasn't even yawning. The game looked and played beautiful. Now I'm getting stutters and all kinds of graphics anomalies.

And now, I've got a partial community of arrogant players telling me that my rig is "outdated and not suitable for WoW." LOL. A rig built in 2011 that exceeds all the RECOMMENDED requirements.....not MINIMUM, but the RECOMMENDED requirements. And I'm being told I need a new rig to play this game. LOL.

Interesting how my "outdated" rig can handle Battlefield 3, Empire and Napoleon Total War, Mass Effect 3, Lord of the Rings Online, Guild Wars 2, T.E.S. V Skyrim, and Dead Space 2, ALL on either HIGH or ULTRA settings, and get high frame rates and smooth, stunning performance.

So much for their theory lol.
I cannot run the game at Ultra setting anymore plus I get graphic slutter even with lowest settings.
I have tried EVERYthing...
I cannot run the game at Ultra setting anymore plus I get graphic slutter even with lowest settings.
I have tried EVERYthing...

Hey Jordicus,

Once again, yet another player like you saying they could play the game on Ultra before the Update, and now they have a stutter even at the lowest settings.

I honestly do not know how many people have to say what you're saying before Blizzard will pay attention, and how many more times this has to be said before Blizzard acknowledges that their Update caused this.
LOOK,

I'm going to say this one last time.

To the people who are inserting specific technical and troubleshooting information and fixes/solutions into this thread -

STOP IT.

The OP is not asking to be told in this thread that WoW is CPU intensive and is demanding on CPU's more than on the video card. The OP is not asking to be told that it could be a broken video driver or an outdated driver. The OP is not asking for more information on Nvidia vs. AMD.

WE GET ALL OF THAT. WE'VE BEEN THROUGH ALL OF THAT OK?

We KNOW that WoW demands a lot of CPU power!

What we're saying is that the kinds of problems that have suddenly occurred since the 5.0.4 Update, on such a massive scale, and with such common regularity and across so many different types of rigs, are NOT happening because of individual rigs.

An older rig with a lesser-powered CPU or video card, YES an older rig can expect to get lower frame rates and more performance lag than a newer, more powerful rig. We GET THAT!

THAT'S NOT what has happened since the August 29th Update. What happened after the 5.0.4 Update was not a "loss of some performance" for some players due to the fact that Blizzard upgraded its engine and made it more demanding on systems. Players are not experiencing a "loss of performance" that is to be expected with an older rig.

Instead, players are experiencing a game that they could play on HIGH or ULTRA the day before the patch, and then the day after the patch, their graphics were UNPLAYABLE, even on LOW settings.

We're not talking about some FPS loss because of an older driver. We're talking about graphics anomalies and distortions and graphics corruption on screen that could ONLY be caused by bad information within the Update.

Players are experiencing, even on new rigs, not an expected, mild loss of performance, but rather a complete and catastrophic BOTTOMING OUT of performance. THAT is NOT caused by a video driver or a slightly older CPU. It is caused by bad data within a game Patch.

THAT is not caused by a rig becoming outdated! THAT type of sudden problem is caused by a direct insertion of BAD CODING contained within a game UPDATE.

To everyone so laser-focused on video drivers. The problem here aren't the video drivers THEMSELVES. It's the fact that something in the Update, some kind of coding or programming in the Update, THE UPDATE isn't communicating properly with video drivers, whether they be AMD, Nvidia, new or outdated.

NOW, it is CERTAINLY true that YES, having outdated video drivers can cause graphics issues if you do not update them. YES, it is CERTAINLY true that video drivers themselves can have many glitches and can cause problems with certain games but not others. YES, that is ALL TRUE.

HOWEVER, that general ongoing issue of video drivers is NOT WHAT TOOK PLACE HERE.

I have seen this played out OVER and OVER again, with not ONE Blue even bothering to realize that there were FIFTY other threads just like the one they responded to, describing the exact same issue, and with the common theme of the 5.0.4 Update running through all of them. Not ONE Blue could or would make the connection that the timing of the Update was the common event that was linking all of these sudden graphics glitches and failures.

Not one.

It's astonishing.
Thanks man. I hope something get's done about this, I had read your thread as well as so many since patch 5.0 It seems like we are getting shunned hard on this one. It's amazing how many ppl are still throwing out the basic troubleshoot blizz responses on this issue, while ignoring the fact that we have done all there is to do as well as the fact that it is affecting so many people. I really like the game, have been a part of it for so long, and it is just becoming intolerable to play now.

To the OP,

I wholeheartedly /sign, and will assist you in Bumping as necessary to keep it fresh.

You are most welcome! I am astonished too at the hostility some players have levelled towards us about this, and just how much Blizzard has ignored us through all this. It's just astonishing.
/signed

running an ASUS P8Z68-V GEN 3 mobo
nvidia geforce 460 graphics
i5-2500 quad core
16mb RAM
1000W power supply
Corsair H80 hydro cooler

Until the 5.0.4 patch i could run all settings on Ultra, standing in the middle of Orgrimmar at peak hours and pull 120+ fps constant. Now I log into the game and I get no less than 2-3k latency AT ALL TIMES, and spiking well into the 10k+ range. Tried every trick in the book that I've seen listed and even took the time to try some others' suggestions on fixing the problem. Have changed NOTHING on my end...
....Bump....
/signed again for good measure....I'll sign this several times a day if I have to, to help keep it fresh.....
Just passing by to post my best graphic bug screenshot

http://hpics.li/73be0a4

Btw, this kind of ugliness will not appear before like 15min of gameplay.
Setting multisampling to x1 increases the time before the bug appears, but it still does
Just passing by to post my best graphic bug screenshot

http://hpics.li/73be0a4

Just looked at your screenshot..... I have seen numerous graphics glitches and bugs over the years.

That is NOT the type of screen you'd see from an old driver or from an underpowered graphics card or CPU.

MAYBE you'd see that from an overheating card, but you're not having any heat issues.

THAT type of screen is caused by game information itself that is not communicating properly with your system. Especially stuff like on your screen where you have terrain textures appearing in blocks, that belong in other parts of the game.....like sand where there should be grass, or like pieces of graphics ground texture from another zone appearing in Stormwind....That is NOT caused by a driver or a hardware issue. THAT is coding in the game itself, I don't care what anybody on this forum says.
Bump.....
its nice and all peopleare posting work arounds and fixes but dont forget...this was all working fine before the patch.

So in all honesty Blizz needs to fix it and not require people to spend time looking for workarounds that may make things worse or even cause issues with other apps.

DX11 is broke on my 590 etc etc the usual

DX9 works but FPS is terrible
Playing a broken game is terrific! :(
10/01/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Æinstein
Playing a broken game is terrific! :(

Yeah, isn't it cool? And isn't it even cooler to be told that it's your fault and that there's nothing they can do?

:(
its nice and all peopleare posting work arounds and fixes but dont forget...this was all working fine before the patch.

So in all honesty Blizz needs to fix it and not require people to spend time looking for workarounds that may make things worse or even cause issues with other apps.

DX11 is broke on my 590 etc etc the usual

DX9 works but FPS is terrible

Yep. That's the whole point of this thread. That many, many player's rigs were running WoW fine for the 5.0.4 Update. And then suddenly, chaos.

Like I said in my other thread just now...I'm just going to lay low from now on. I'll check back each day to see if there is any new info or any announcements from Blizzard as far as them fixing their Update.

And I'll help Arktic bump this and give him/her my support. But I'm done fighting Blizzard over this. And with the added toxicity created by players who take it upon themselves to act as Public Relations Officials for the defense of Blizzard just makes this impossible. Just impossible.
/signed

Games drops from 30 fps (which is normal for me) to 2 fps every minute after about 10 minutes of gameplay. This was only happening certain days after patch, but now it's been happening every day.