Brewmaster vs DK

Monk
OK first off this isnt a "Which is a better tank post" I keep hearing monk tanks are hard and have lots of stuff to watch. But I have also heard they are similar to DKs in how they play. I never played Beta at all as I was burned out by then and was playing Rift until MoP came out so I never played either a premade monk or leveled one then. I have had 4 max level DKs since the start of Wrath. I tanked on all of them including every raid From Naxx 25 up to Firelands. But no DS because thats around when I quit. I did some LFR but that doesnt count. So Im very comfortable with a DK tank but after playing them for the last 2 expansions full time I decided I need a new tank. Does that mean I will transition into a Monk tank easier than someone who has never tanked before? I downloaded the Monk Timers addon which seems to keep track of Chi, Energy, and all procs and timers. Although I have yet to see it in action but going by screenshots it looks like it tracks everything I would need to know.

So is a Monk sort of similar to a DK or more difficult? I want to try one but I also dont want to be using 97 keybinds either. I have looked over their rotations at Noxxic, EJ.com, Icy Veins, and a guide on the official WoW forums so I sort of understand what needs to be done on paper. But reading every guide and then trying to run a Heroic or a raid are obviously very different. Also I heard they actually have ramp up time before they can get their mitigation going. Is that noticeable at all? I mean if I draw a bad healer from LFD am I just gonna go splat on pulls?
OK first off this isnt a "Which is a better tank post" I keep hearing monk tanks are hard and have lots of stuff to watch. But I have also heard they are similar to DKs in how they play. I never played Beta at all as I was burned out by then and was playing Rift until MoP came out so I never played either a premade monk or leveled one then. I have had 4 max level DKs since the start of Wrath. I tanked on all of them including every raid From Naxx 25 up to Firelands. But no DS because thats around when I quit. I did some LFR but that doesnt count. So Im very comfortable with a DK tank but after playing them for the last 2 expansions full time I decided I need a new tank. Does that mean I will transition into a Monk tank easier than someone who has never tanked before? I downloaded the Monk Timers addon which seems to keep track of Chi, Energy, and all procs and timers. Although I have yet to see it in action but going by screenshots it looks like it tracks everything I would need to know.

So is a Monk sort of similar to a DK or more difficult? I want to try one but I also dont want to be using 97 keybinds either. I have looked over their rotations at Noxxic, EJ.com, Icy Veins, and a guide on the official WoW forums so I sort of understand what needs to be done on paper. But reading every guide and then trying to run a Heroic or a raid are obviously very different. Also I heard they actually have ramp up time before they can get their mitigation going. Is that noticeable at all? I mean if I draw a bad healer from LFD am I just gonna go splat on pulls?

My personal opinion is they aren't like DK's at all I can make some similiar references, but hell I can do that to any other Tank as well. I think monk resource management is more difficult then DK's rune/runic power system especially when it comes to cost of abilities and the amount of thing's your watching for.

I can't say I'm a veteran tank on my DK by any means, but I've tanked enough to know better if that makes sense. AoE threat on a Monk is about the only thing that's easy...

I honestly didn't even start getting hit hard for decent amounts till I hit 80 and started noticing my stagger changing colors.
I'm only level 48, but tanking so far hasn't seemed too terribly hard. On single target bosses I use keg smash on cooldown, spam tiger strike when I can't do anything else and try to keep the blackout kick proc up.

I feel like during raiding you'll have tigerseye brew up almost constantly. I also forsee us being more adds tanks vs main tanks because of the OP craziness that is beerspam.
Monks play absolutely nothing like DKs, tank-wise. DKs are about optimizing the use of multiple cooldowns. Monks are about maintaining uptime on multiple buffs.