Want to run randoms with my friends

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So i hit 90 and went and got geared up for heroics. A friend who had not played for awhile joined back up and came out to panda land. Helped him run some quests off to get some gear. And then came the hammer.

We could not queue for normal dungeons. The dungeon finder told my friend(level 88 tank) that I was to high level. Now i was like wtf. Since when can i not queue with friends to run randoms with?

I would hope this is a bug and will get fixed soon. I understand that there are no level 90 norms and that they are all heroics and challenge modes.

But this is a game that I play with friends and one of the things we love to do at times is run randoms. So again why cant I run random's with my friends?
I am the tank friend, I was disgusted to see that I could not queue for a random dungeon with my friend. So I work 50 hours a week and I couldn't level as fast as my friend. But that is absolutely no reason to stop me from queuing with him.

At the time I was level 88 and not really in the mood the quest, but finding out I couldn't queue with my friend just put me in a bad mood all night because I was forced to quest to get some of my level as I didn't want to run dungeons alone.

And then I read this post my Ghostcrawler on the beta forums:

If the leader of the group meets the requirements (meaning is below level 90 in this case), I believe they can still queue you, especially if your group is completely premade. I'd have to check this though. We went back and forth on it. In any case, you can always just show up at the entrance to the dungeon the old-fashioned way and zone in.

In general, we don't want players using Dungeon Finder to queue for lower level content that is much too easy for them because then players who want to run the content at the appropriate level are faced with overpowered players who trivialize the experience, or pull aggro off a lower level tank, etc. We have no problem with you running lower level dungeons, provided other players aren't adversely affected.

Now I realise that were are no level 90 normal dungeons, and I realise that there could be an impact to other player's if a max level character gets put in to a lower level dungeon. But riddle me this, isn't the whole idea of the LFD tool so that if you have say 2 friend that was to run a dungeon together they can quickly and easily find 3 others to run with?

I believe Blizzard just stole what little of the social aspect there is to the LFD, now I must have a full group of friends to run a dungeon and then we need to run to the dungeon entrance to zone in. There isn't even functionality that every other MMO seems to have that when a player zones in it asks everyone else in the party if they'd like to zone in as well.

As for some of the posts that I read from Blizzard staff in the thread that I took that last quote from, I think game designers completely missed the point of the thread (there's something new... or is it??). The point is, not everyone levels fast, and well it plain stinks that higher level players cannot play with 1 or 2 friends and use the LFD tool to queue with them just because they are level 90.

It would be great if I had 5 friends all online after a hard day at work to manually group up with via battle net and zone in to a dungeon with, but in all honesty, most of my friends have lives out side of work. You know things like get home, say hi to the wife, spend time with the kids, spend time with family, etc. I'd like to actually be able to run dungeons with those of my friends that are online when we don't have enough people to fill a group.

Ohh but wait... What is this, gear scaling in challenge modes... Why cant you scale gear in normal dungeons for those who seriously out gear the content? Wouldn't that have been a better idea than to plain tell people tough luck, you level faster than your friend so you cant run randoms with them any more?

Seriously sometimes i think half the game designers at blizz HQ need to have their heads examined because most of the ideas they come up with as of late make little to no sense what so ever...

On a more serious note... Can someone with a nice sized piggy bank please-o-please put up the 8 billion and change to buy controlling stock of Blizz... We need more brains in the content dev meetings...
Nvm i didnt read the whole post.

I was able to run lvl 87 dungeons at 90.

Dunno?
Couldn't you queue for two of the normal leveling dungeons specifically instead of queing for randoms?
Will have to check again, but I did see it saying the text "Targetme's level is too high" when running over the requirements portion. I just cant remember if i looked at specific dungeons.

I will check when servers come back up.
10/02/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Manbull
I am the tank friend, I was disgusted to see that I could not queue for a random dungeon with my friend. So I work 50 hours a week and I couldn't level as fast as my friend. But that is absolutely no reason to stop me from queuing with him.

Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champ.

10/02/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Manbull
I believe Blizzard just stole what little of the social aspect there is to the LFD, now I must have a full group of friends to run a dungeon and then we need to run to the dungeon entrance to zone in. There isn't even functionality that every other MMO seems to have that when a player zones in it asks everyone else in the party if they'd like to zone in as well.

Eh, its only for 2 levels. I don't really get the reasoning behind it. I guess they don't want level 90s pub stomping through already faceroll normals? Idk.
We ran into the same problem.

Not allowed to queue for normal modes at 90 but too low i level for heroics. Seems awkward.
I think you can still queue for individual normal dungeons, just not the random normal dungeons...
Yea can queue for individual but not randoms and I think the hot fix to remove some rep form JP venders was meant to fix those that are just a few point of running heroics.