Ret damage (and its ability to dps at range)

Paladin
09/29/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Bravehearth
Templar's Verdict is melee, but Harsh Words uses the same resource and deals comparable damage

It doesn't do comparable damage. Harsh Words does significantly less due to it not doing any Hand of Light damage.

It's still a worthy glyph as a substitution when TV can't be used, but it's not comparable damage to Templar's Verdict.

Well, for a sufficiently broad value of "comparable". Certainly they aren't equal, but it's not a factor of ten apart or something.
09/29/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Ravicana
Well, for a sufficiently broad value of "comparable". Certainly they aren't equal, but it's not a factor of ten apart or something.

I'll give you that. I didn't mean to come off argumentative. I was really tired when I posted.
Yeah, no worries, I should have phrased it better.
This was brought up almost a year ago, and then repeatedly during testing. Despite the numerous people who wouldn't accept Ret gaining more ranged potential (mostly for lacking in mobility), it went live and I honestly couldnt be happier.

Paladins are magical at heart, and the ability to smite enemies magically also carries with it an inherent ranged potential. If anything I'm surprised it took so long to implement mechanics like this!
im gonna go out on a limb here and say he got VERY lucky with procs, and those procs luckily critted..... VERY lucky
OP hasn't returned to reply to this thread since. Sounds like an over-exaggerated QQ. Thanks for visiting the Paladin forums with your BS!
Chances are you got killed by Harsh Words, (glyphed word of glory)

Holy Avenger and 30% increased damage on exo/judgement (3 holy power per attack)

So each time he hit you with either judgement or an exorsism he could also hit you with a 3hp harsh word.

Not to mention he may have had Glyph of Word of Glory, which increases damage done by 9% per charge of holy power when Word of Glory/Harsh Words is used.
well I do appreciate you taking your time to explain the abilities to me my question still stands

doesnt this seem a bit too strong for a melee class? or is ret not a melee class anymore?

It's a niche combat ability for rets that lasts for all of 15 seconds with a 2 minute cool down.

If you see a paladin bust out the "Lightbringer" sword model, he's got Holy Avenger active.

Its Ashbringer , not Lightbringer