Overpriced battle pet training.

New Player Help and Guides
Ok, so why does the battle pet training cost 95g?!
That is a lot of money, and it is usually fairly rare for someone of a low level to have that much, unless they were sent the cash by a friend.
Is it the same for you guys?
The price may be quite steep to someone who just recently started playing WoW, but the training is account wide. I just had to do a few quests to get the money needed to fund it.
Blizzard isn't currently encouraging new players to participate in pet battles. I'm not sure their reasoning right now though.
09/28/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Alvraen
but the training is account wide.

Thanks for clarifying, makes a little bit more sense now.
It was adressed in a blue post. it's to not divert new players from core game learning curve.

basically so level 15s ont start buying pets instead of glyphs. :)

edit: it's not overpriced, it's aabsolutely intended.
i just recently started this game and 95g is easy to make imo, you just need to start selling all ur stuff u get from mining skinning etc at the AH instead of to vendors, i had 210g by the time i was level 30, and this paladin is my first character that has passed level 40..
09/28/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Monmonn
Blizzard isn't currently encouraging new players to participate in pet battles. I'm not sure their reasoning right now though.

The reason Blizzard isn't encouraging Pet Battle for New Player at this is obvious clearly to do with Starter Edition/Trial based new player who can't go over 10 gold money cap. Once we reach Level 20 level cap we would have nothing do but Pet Battle System. Getting 10 gold is easy for those Starter Edition player since after Level 20, we are questing for money until capped.

Also this encourages us to buy the game if we want to play the Pet Battle System. They want us a new players to spend time Questing around, learning the system, before doing the Pet Battle System.

Also they are thinking about new player who have never played the system before and need to learn it and story before playing a mini-game such as Battle Pets.

Since (If I bought the game) I would be playing for Questing and Game play, not the Auction House and Profession would be low key to me for a month. I would try the Pet Battle when I get the 95 gold, but I'm anxious to play the Quest, get armor and weapon I've never been able to get and flight mounts.
09/29/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Vickiflare

The reason Blizzard isn't encouraging Pet Battle for New Player at this is obvious clearly to do with Starter Edition/Trial based new player who can't go over 10 gold money cap. Once we reach Level 20 level cap we would have nothing do but Pet Battle System. Getting 10 gold is easy for those Starter Edition player since after Level 20, we are questing for money until capped.

Also this encourages us to buy the game if we want to play the Pet Battle System. They want us a new players to spend time Questing around, learning the system, before doing the Pet Battle System.

Also they are thinking about new player who have never played the system before and need to learn it and story before playing a mini-game such as Battle Pets.

Since (If I bought the game) I would be playing for Questing and Game play, not the Auction House and Profession would be low key to me for a month. I would try the Pet Battle when I get the 95 gold, but I'm anxious to play the Quest, get armor and weapon I've never been able to get and flight mounts.

You are very wrong. That's not their reasoning. It has NOTHING to do with trial accounts and your conspiracy theories.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7339047/Pet_Battles_QA_with_Cory_Stockton-9_24_2012
Q: As a brand new player just getting into World of Warcraft for the very first time, what can I expect?

Cory Stockton: For one thing, the 100g training cost is going to make it difficult for a new player to get caught up in Pet Battles super-early, and that’s by design, because everyone should learn how to play World of Warcraft first. Having said that, a new alt that can get 100g from another character can start the Pet Battle system at level 5.
From there, the system grows with you if you keep up with it, much like professions do.

As Robo said, it's to prevent new players from getting distracted with pet battles early on when they're just learning about the game.
09/29/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Icedragon

09/29/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Icedragon

Icedragon, Isn't this is exactly what I said here.

Icedragon, Isn't this is exactly what I said here.

Weren't you the one fussing in another thread that I kept quoting portions of your post instead of the ENTIRE thing to address it as a whole? "Broken paragraphs" and whatnot? Now you see why we do it so much here ;P

I was addressing your first paragraph. The "reason" you stated in your first sentence was wrong.
Never Mind