Unacceptable lengthy server queue times

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
Blizzard,

This is really ridiculous...

As much as I want to call you names and say QQ MOAR, I am obligated to take your side because you spelled "ridiculous" correctly on an internet forum.
10/01/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Intentions
I expect some sort of compensation, and I dont want money or time free. I want the same amount of leveling time that I am losing, that I could be spending.

This is silly. They're not going to give you free experience and gear and gold to make up for what you would have gotten leveling yourself.
Illidan has a long queue right after an expansion drops?

Tell me more new and interesting facts please...
10/01/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Irocain
seems like a thing for blizz to look into is "accounts per servers" and stop letting new accounts join super high pop servers.. that would stop QQing like this in its tracks ... and if an account is inactive for a set given period of time its get booted to a server set up for dusty accounts

Because removing options from players is always a good idea.

totally in some cases! sometimes a company just has to make the minds up for people! otherwise you have things like this happen .. common sense
You accepted the ToS...you have to deal with it unfortunately.
Another 2.5 hour wait time tonight...
I agree with Intentions it is unacceptable (Both my main toons are on Kil'Jaeden), however I also know nothing will be done outside of what they already have done. That is why I simply canceled my subscription and wont pay any more than I have until the queue times are gone.
10/01/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Bashiok
The realm hardware, not to mention game content, is designed to house and support a specific number of characters per realm. It's not feasible to increase and decrease those allotments as interest increases and wanes,

Does Blizzard outsource it's IT infrastructure? Why aren't you making use of the increasingly popular "as a service" consumption models available from many hosting organisations? These consumption models allow you to scale infrastructure up and down as you see fit and pay for only what you are consuming. Is this not the obvious way to go when experiencing hardware strain during peak times?
10/01/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Rhø
Let us transfer off the realms we're on to realms that we want to transfer to instead of lame dead ones that nobody cares about.

This is a terrible idea that hasn't been given much thought. This will only result in a medium or another high pop server to become full with a queue.

They have given people options, if you don't like them that is too bad. Take it or leave it.
STUPID BLOODY QUEUE'S!!! THIS IS THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD! I DON'T WANT A TRANSFER, THANKS FOR ASKING!!! I LIKE MY REALM! YOU JUST NEED TO INCREASE THE POPULATION LIMITS!!!! HOW COME YOU ARE ABLE TO INCREASE EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME EXCEPT THE POPULATION LIMITS??? THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!!!! YOU ARE HOLDING BACK POPULATION LIMITS ON PURPOSE! I JUST READ OTHER MMO'S HAVE UP TO 40TIMES MORE PLAYERS ON A SINGLE REALM! YOU ARE JUST BEING JERKS! INCREASING THE POPULATION LIMIT WOULD BE AS EASY AS ADDING A FEW "00" TO SOME PROGRAMING CODE SOMWHERE AND SUDDENLY EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY!

I AM DISGUSTED IN MYSELF FOR PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION TO A COMPANY THAT CONSTANTLY FAILS TO DELIVER THE PRODUCT WHEN AND HOW I WANT IT! I SHOULD FIND A NEW HOBBY!
Blizzard,

This is really ridiculous. Second day in a row now I have not been able to level my character because of 2-3+ hour queue wait times just to login. What am I paying you for? I cannot play the game I am paying for every month and spent money buying an expansion I cannot even enjoy. I have been very patient. But this is ridiculous. I would like to be contacted by a Blizzard representative immediately. Either from here at the forums, email or my phone number. Either way, I want to be contacted. It is completely unacceptable that I am losing valuable leveling time because of your server queues. I shouldnt have to pay to transfer to another server, nor do I want to move. I have a good guild I am with. I made a lot of friends. And all my RL friends are on this server. There is no reason I should have to deal with this. I want some sort of compensation for my loss of time. You know, some of us have to work and have responsibilities that prevent us from being able to play whenever we want. So I shouldnt have to spend most of my night waiting to get logged in. I expect some sort of compensation, and I dont want money or time free. I want the same amount of leveling time that I am losing, that I could be spending. This is completely unacceptable and ridiculous. No excuses. I am sorry for going on a rant here but my patience is finally worn its welcome. If the company I work for did business like this, there would be no business to run.

I would appreciate a response one way or another.

you arnt a special snowflake,get over it,your business doesnt have 10 million plus customers.no,you arnt going get nothing from blizzard.
10/01/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Xadean
We could use your population on Blackwing Lair. Badly. Send 1/4 of the server to us so we'll have someone to play with.

Ah, BWL - I leveled my main there. Is everyone still making fun of Makowulf?
This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll.

This is not a solution. As a paying customer, something needs to be done about this.

It's not fun to wait in queues, I hit them myself from time to time. People tend to 'clump up' to play with friends or join guilds on specific realms, and then everyone comes back for expansions or even new patches. We'll pretty commonly see queues hit a couple hours. The realm hardware, not to mention game content, is designed to house and support a specific number of characters per realm. It's not feasible to increase and decrease those allotments as interest increases and wanes, which is why we offer free character transfers when queues get too high.

With the advent of BattleTags and cross-realm zones, being on separate realms from your friends actually doesn't mean much as to your ability to talk and interact with them. Of course the best solution might just be trying to get everyone to move with you.

I would like an answer on why the free transfer option is so restrictive ? Why not allow your customer to choose which server he or she wants to transfer along certain guidelines ie; High to Low, PVE to PVE, PVP to PVP etc.

You have so many low population servers these days, by concentrating only on one server, you are not addressing the problem in a optimal way, not to mention not giving your customers many choices. Few people wish to transfer to a server where they don't know anyone and trying to convince an entire guild to move isn't easy either.
frostmourne has nasty que's atm. start at around 2pm server time, by 4pm the que is around 500, hit 7-8pm and boom ques is 2500 and about 4-6 hrs to log in. god help us if we dc. but i guess thats the downside of a hi pop server. all i would ask is that our server be locked to all transfers. its crazy that the server is that full and u still allow paid transfers here. ill live with the que, just lock the server for 6 months to all xfers onto us pls.
10/04/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Kurninator
frostmourne has nasty que's atm. start at around 2pm server time, by 4pm the que is around 500, hit 7-8pm and boom ques is 2500 and about 4-6 hrs to log in. god help us if we dc. but i guess thats the downside of a hi pop server. all i would ask is that our server be locked to all transfers. its crazy that the server is that full and u still allow paid transfers here. ill live with the que, just lock the server for 6 months to all xfers onto us pls.

They allow paid transfers because they will likely collect twice when the person realizes what a mistake they made transferring to high pop server with endless queues and transfers off again !

This $25.00 transfer fee is quite a racket Blizzard has going in a age when most games provide the service for free. I would love to see how much revenue this brings in on a monthly basis, when it cost them nothing to do it.

And counting.... Still waiting

I cannot fathom why anyone would want to be on a server that full. Different strokes for different folks lol

^ This. Why stay where it's too freaking crowded to play. Forget the queue times, can you imagine leveling on a realm like this? Every mob would be tapped before you could get it.

Aerie Peak used to be really crowded back in the day, until Blizz offered free server transfers. Our population went from High to medium high overnight and stayed that way. Seriously, if it wasn't for the guild perks would you stay waiting for three hours?

Consider these options: 1. Server transfer the entire guild. Only the guild master would have to transfer first so you can keep all those lovely achieves and perks.

2. Go to the new server with your huge guild, and start grinding again. A 600 man guild could feasibly get those achievements and perks back in a few weeks ESPECIALLY IF THEY CAN GET ON and play.

3. Stay right where you are because you just are too lazy to move, and deal with the traffic.

My butt would be transferring fast if I couldn't play. You choose to stay where you are, and complain that you should be able to play.

And if all your friends do the server transfers, you won't have to worry about playing alone. And there is Battle tags as well...sheesh.
6 pages so I'm guessing this has been said.
If you choose to play on a full realm you risk long queue times. You are choosing to play on that realm because you could reroll OR take a free transfer.
When you made your toon it told you Illidan was a full server and you risked long queue times if you continued. You ignored that warning and made a toon there anyway.
Being on a large realm like Illidan has it upsides such as a large pool of people so you are more likely to find players you enjoy. You don't want to leave Illidan for this very reason it seems. So deal with it.