Glory of the Pandaria Hero

Achievements
Seriously, wtf? I get the achievement and for some reason need to do a rep grind to actually use the reward. Even vanilla didn't require a rep grind for using a mount you obtained through other means. BC didn't make you get Netherwing exalted to use the Gladiator mount. There's rep rewards and stuff you get through other means. Why mix the two?

And it's slow going to boot. I could take an afternoon to commit genocide and farm rep, but this is just plain obnoxious.
While I agree it's lame, I'm rather shocked that people didn't know about this before hand.

Do people even do research anymore?
While I agree it's lame, I'm rather shocked that people didn't know about this before hand.

Sure I did research, I researched boss fights and class changes and all the other new content. I did not research things that seemed wholly improbable or I had no reason to expect to be the case.
That's odd, because when the new patch came out and I saw a passive called "Cloud Serpent Riding", I googled it, read for 30 seconds, and realized that my glory mounts would require it so I should do the dailies.

There's a difference between research and reading everything you can get your hands on. Traditionally, anything that required rep was obtained directly through a vendor associated with that faction.

And I can't even exploit the ludicrously high spawn rate on the eggs that would let you hit exalted in under an hour.