Pet quality upgrades?

Pet Battles
I want to first say I am enjoying the new Pet Battle system. Its very addictive. I do have a question that I hope can be answered though.

Many of the special pets we had prior to MoP are an uncommon quality. Pets such as the Warbot (Mountain Dew promo) Wolpertinger (Brewfest) and Willy (Orphan's Week) are just a few of the unique in appearence pets that players find fond. However, if a player uses these pets, they are putting themselves at a disadvantage when facing pets of a rare or better quality.

My question is, is there some way to improve the quality of a pet? If, not, would implementing some system to improve the quality of a pet, either via unlocks as you level pets, or a daily quest syetem where you accumulate tokens, or many other methods, be a good idea? Any imput on this wo0uld be helpful.
I have to agree with the OP, I love my pet Willy and Warbot (red fuel!), but during battles they can be such a hindrance versus rare-quality battle pets.

I would love some form of way to upgrade uncommons to a better quality level! Blizz has been pushing dailies on us on this expansion, why not give the battlepet dailies a nice reward system for upgrading uncommon pets?
I approve. A token to upgrade quality by one rank should be provided through a rare daily bag drop!
09/29/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Katrisa
I approve. A token to upgrade quality by one rank should be provided through a rare daily bag drop!

In my perfect world, the pet battle dailies would reward a token in addition to the bag/gold. Collect enough tokens and you can buy an upgrade for a pet, some extra bandages, maybe some other vanity effects.
I definitely agree with this. FWIW, I would be quite surprised if it wasn't already being worked on, but it regardless absolutely is something that should happen.

Though I might implement it as a weekly guaranteed drop or quest reward, what have you.
Easiest, fairest, most balanced and least abusable answer to this problem:

A Darkmoon Faire quest, completable once per month per account, that allows you to upgrade the quality of one pet by one level.
Bump for having all pets equally viable and not having to grind for rares.
Easiest, fairest, most balanced and least abusable answer to this problem:

A Darkmoon Faire quest, completable once per month per account, that allows you to upgrade the quality of one pet by one level.

So much agree with this.
Truthfully, I'd accept any and all methods to upgrade the quality level of a pet. I just want my faithful Willy, Mana wyrm and Ghostly skull to be viable!
Maybe if there was a process to upgrade pets, they would be better.

If you could combine low quality pets into a new one (of lower level too, so you'd have to train it to get it higher...) ya know like letting pets produce better offspring. Even if they can only do it once....
Many of the special pets we had prior to MoP are an uncommon quality. Pets such as the Warbot (Mountain Dew promo) Wolpertinger (Brewfest) and Willy (Orphan's Week) are just a few...

What I want to know is how do we know the quality of pets that aren't captured? I, too, don't want to have to use rare pets that I randomly happened to capture to have a viable team. Many of my favorites are pets with don't appear to have a quality listed.

Does anyone know how I can tell?
I don't know that the pets aren't already rare, as my common parrot pets have the exact same stats as my epic Hyacinth Macaw. I'm thinking all companion pets are automatically the exact same quality, regardless of rarity. (Which caused much rage on my part, "I farmed for how long to have my Hyacinth Macaw be no better than a Green Macaw?!")
Pet quality upgrades are coming in 5.1!!

via: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7481208/Mists_of_Pandaria_-_Patch_51_PTR_Coming_Soon-10_5_2012

Pet Battles Improvements
Several UI and other improvements will be added to the Pet Battles system, including a way to upgrade the rarity of pets that you’ve captured.

Sing and rejoice!
Can we upgrade from poor to rare? I don't mind if it's a bit difficult but my crafted sapphire cubs are all POOR quality.
OKAY, WHAT ARE DAILIES?! daily quests? where do i find them? I DO NOT know where to start. ALSO, CAP LOCKS! :D
Also, I have a team of 3 black lambs because I'm a sheep person. But when i hover my mouse over their name, the name is gray! LET... ME... IMPROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!
yo brotato, start a new thread if you've got a question, don't necro an old one.
So, i found a way. You keep picking fights with an animal of your choice(in my case, Black Lambs) and there will be a chance it will be common or uncommon or rare. You just scour the area looking for (again, lambs in elywyn forest) and if their name above is white or green or blue, you REALLY should capture them
Midge you'll find fighting these wild pets with a team of the same level can help you level yourself up, as well as your pets. Remember to wear the hat you would have been posted.

There's a pet tamer in Elwyn forest too who you will have no trouble beating for more XP,
www.wowhead.com/search?q=julia+stevens

Your next one is just inside Westfall. You'll have fun catching a rare Tiny Harvester there from one of the farms on which they respawn endlessly.

Good luck.