Rogue PvE in 5.1.0 (All Specializations)

Rogue
Prev 1 8 9 10
One last question in regards to rotation, now that I have it, for the most part, down.

When you're at ~5-10 seconds left on Slice N Dice, not enough to get 5 more combo points before it runs out and you have 5 combo points, is it more beneficial to refresh Slice N Dice early, or use Rupture/Eviscerate and then use SnD with however many CP you can obtain before it falls off?

And if Rup/Evis, should I be clipping rupture if there's like 3-5 seconds left on it when this situation pops up?

Also, Shadowcraft is showing Elemental Force being almost 50% more effective than Windsong. O_o Is that actually true?
Sorry, I didn't notice this.

One last question in regards to rotation, now that I have it, for the most part, down.

When you're at ~5-10 seconds left on Slice N Dice, not enough to get 5 more combo points before it runs out and you have 5 combo points, is it more beneficial to refresh Slice N Dice early, or use Rupture/Eviscerate and then use SnD with however many CP you can obtain before it falls off?

The second one.

01/29/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Lufia
And if Rup/Evis, should I be clipping rupture if there's like 3-5 seconds left on it when this situation pops up?

You shouldn't clip rupture unless it's below 2 seconds. 100% rupture uptime isn't important to combat like it is for assassination or subtlety, the important thing is just to use it optimally if you do at all.

01/29/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Lufia
Also, Shadowcraft is showing Elemental Force being almost 50% more effective than Windsong. O_o Is that actually true?

No idea, honestly. :s
WB Vere.
02/12/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Darthsithis
WB Vere.

I'll be gone again before you know it.

But if 5.2 drops when they think it will maybe I'll have time to update this guide for it first.

We'll see.
02/12/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Verelyse
WB Vere.

I'll be gone again before you know it.

But if 5.2 drops when they think it will maybe I'll have time to update this guide for it first.

We'll see.

You can never truly leave..... you'll just find yourself wandering the shadows before long.
I've got a couple questions in regards to combat dps and gearing for PvE . I got a Claws drop in LFR before a Spiritsever drop so I switched to combat from assassination. and Gemmed it with the legendary gem before i really got a feel for it. Am i the only one that sees no benefit for being combat over Assas. in any given situation atm? I am not doing as much DPS or damage in almost all fights in LFR as i was with Assas. Like 5-10k difference in dps depending on the given fight. (and that is now with my current gear as compared to assas with blue weps and some other blues)

Idk if its just me messing up the rotation or if combat is just a inferior spec in terms of DPS. I re-reforged all of my gear and gemmed/enchanted sidegrades (items with the same ilvl) just to maximize haste and get more away from mastery. All of the posts about combat rotation that i see are exactly what im doing so im pretty sure its not that. I may be refreshing rupture too soon in some cases and letting revealing strike fall off for a few secs now and then, but other than that sticking to it.

You can look at my armory page to see if im doing something wrong gear wise or spec wise, but I was just wondering if anyone has been having the same problems or shares a dislike for this spec right now. Either way im going to wait for 5.2 to drop before i decide on what im doing and buy another legendary gem. Thanks in advance for tips/tricks

-Nyte
I don't know for sure, since I haven't kept up with the raiding specifics for a couple months. But generally I understood that assassination was better single-target, while combat was best for cleave fights.

In any case, use this site to fix your reforges:

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/onyxia/nyte/

You're wasting a lot of rating by exceeding the hit and expertise caps.
Ok so in 5.2 Blade Flurry will do 75% less damage and it seems that Blizzard decided to remove the planned buff to Vitality so its back to 30% instead of 35%.

Am I missing something here or does Blizz want to kill combat for good? I mean combat already struggles with competing with assassination but now it seems like there will be no point to combat whatsoever.

I know some people think combat is boring or whatever but I don't. I enjoy playing combat and I always have. Some people have said that they don't want to be forced to play combat. I do not want to be forced to not play combat.
Regarding Vitality: Fact is Bliz decided that buffing Vitality to 35% was overkill so they kept the buff at 30%. This is still a net buff to Combat's single target dps, and while Combat when it goes live might still pull somewhat weaker dps than Assassination, it will scale better. Most importantly, the T15 4PC is AMAZING for Combat. Basically if you have the 4pc Combat will do the highest single target. Well, until BiS, when Sub will take over.

All this means the specs are very close.

It's also worth noting that the BF change, while a nerf to cleave, is a buff to AoE, and thus while it might overall be a nerf it does make sense....
Regarding Vitality: Fact is Bliz decided that buffing Vitality to 35% was overkill so they kept the buff at 30%. This is still a net buff to Combat's single target dps, and while Combat when it goes live might still pull somewhat weaker dps than Assassination, it will scale better. Most importantly, the T15 4PC is AMAZING for Combat. Basically if you have the 4pc Combat will do the highest single target. Well, until BiS, when Sub will take over.

All this means the specs are very close.

It's also worth noting that the BF change, while a nerf to cleave, is a buff to AoE, and thus while it might overall be a nerf it does make sense....

I must be missing something. What else is happening to Blade Flurry? I thought it was simply being reduced by 75% damage. How is it buffing aoe but nerfing cleave?
BF went through a lot of changes, the straight 75% nerf was only the first. Here's the version that should go live:

Hit primary target at 100% damage.
Cleave to up to 4 secondary targets for 40% damage each (so up to 160% cleave).
Same energy regen penalty.
Anyone having askmrrobot reforge your mastery to haste after acquiring a throne of thunder trinket other than vicious talisman (ie. bad juju and the others). robot is either messing up right now, or it's because the new trinkets proc more with increased haste.
The new trinkets do proc more with increased haste from rating. That said, don't use askmrrobot. Use Shadowcraft. It's the best tool rogues have for calculating EP and reforges. AMR has historically had issues.
I got a question, if i enchant both my daggers with the same enchant (Windsong for example), i'll get proc from both weapons?

Like +1500 mastery from main hand and +1500 mastery from off-hand at the same time?
I don't have money to buy Dancing Steel atm, so should i buy 2 windsongs or what?
I got a question, if i enchant both my daggers with the same enchant (Windsong for example), i'll get proc from both weapons?

Like +1500 mastery from main hand and +1500 mastery from off-hand at the same time?
I don't have money to buy Dancing Steel atm, so should i buy 2 windsongs or what?

I have been asked to pass on this for you :P

"From the bed of Haileaus:

Each weapon enchant acts independently, so you can - and often will - have two buffs up at the same time. I'm also obliged to suggest you use Shadowcraft (http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/nemesis/morthend/) to check the dps of DS/DS, DS/WS, WS/WS, and DS/nothing."
I'm back for 1.5 days.
Whoops, wrong sticky that I've been paying attention to.