Ele PvP Tier 90 Talent question What to choos

Shaman
Pretty much what the description says.Kinda confused between Elemental Blast and Unleash Fury.If someone could shed some light please?:)
read the stickies, don't be a moron pls :D
10/01/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Xaø

/looks for the elemental PvP sticky...

That's right... >.>

@ OP - Probably Elemental Blast, though that's just a guess.
10/01/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Xaø

Irony.

Also, I would recommend Elemental Blast.

Primal Elementalist just isn't good because the totems can be destroyed or the elementals can be easily CC'd / ranged.

Unleashed Fury: Flametongue requires free casting multiple Lightning Bolts for optimal output which just isn't that great. I played around a bit with UF:R on a separate PvP weapon and then a weapon swap macro to go back and forth but honestly most of the time when I am taking large damage I am also being controlled (read:stunned) so UF:R wasn't that great.

I found the following combo to be quite good instant burst damage (very good with lucky procs):

Unleash Elements: Flametongue > Nature's Swiftness (if talented) > Elemental Blast > Lava Burst (with Lava Surge proc) > Earth Shock (at 7 stacks)
10/01/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Amaravati
Unleashed Fury: Flametongue requires free casting multiple Lightning Bolts for optimal output which just isn't that great. I played around a bit with UF:R on a separate PvP weapon and then a weapon swap macro to go back and forth but honestly most of the time when I am taking large damage I am also being controlled (read:stunned) so UF:R wasn't that great.

UF:FB is awesome though..
I would say UF:Fb would shine more in RBGs or if your partner is a low mobility melee spec. Again, if you can get used to weapon swap macros, which isn't that hard, the talent is a lot better.

My biggest gripe in regards to UF is damage wise Ele needs on demand burst to land a kill and I don't feel it provides as much comparative to EB, this is especially important in 2's and 3's where Chain Lightning doesn't shine as much and you don't have a very specific role (like Thunderstorming LM or providing offensive utility in capture the flag RBGs).
Old Elemental Mastery fit the on-demand burst role nicely, in a competitive environment I don't really feel Ascendance does it quite as well because it is higher visibility, longer cooldown, and easier to shut down.
Elemental blast