Fury PvP? Non existent still in MOP?

Warrior
Well fury has always been pretty good for pvp, I've been fury pvp since BC, it's just the matter of knowing how to conserve your rage and use your enrage moments for burst.
Ive noticed with TG and Smf the stats on good TG weps is crazy Scim 7star vs Shinka 1024str-1774stm Heroic ih vs 2760str 4102stm heroic shinka thats paired let alone the other stats and 2handers have higher power/resil
Ive noticed with TG and Smf the stats on good TG weps is crazy Scim 7star vs Shinka 1024str-1774stm Heroic ih vs 2760str 4102stm heroic shinka thats paired let alone the other stats and 2handers have higher power/resil

While thats true, smf has higher single target damage, and it has higher damage when using,
WS, Heroic strike, dragon roar, shockwave, heroic leap.

Basically anything that deals with attack power and off hand weapons. (Well the damage compared to TG for raging blow i haven't yet been able to test but i it seems due to the huge bonuses to off hand damage that Smf gets that it would be pretty similar.)
Prot reckstorm is better.
12/05/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Diomus
Prot reckstorm is better.

Eh i cant see it
The 35% increase brings the current top 2 weapons on base damage within 6dps of each other throw in the double stats mastery even with TG you get bonus damage in AT and offhand and 1000+ more stength still doesnt offset this ? or the pure listed damage? only wars hitting me 80k with 2 weapons are using 2handers or are arms <Prot is pure scary shields> Not to mention PVP DUAL 2hander pvp power vs 1hander pvp power?
The 35% increase brings the current top 2 weapons on base damage within 6dps of each other throw in the double stats mastery even with TG you get bonus damage in AT and offhand and 1000+ more stength still doesnt offset this ? or the pure listed damage? only wars hitting me 80k with 2 weapons are using 2handers or are arms <Prot is pure scary shields> Not to mention PVP DUAL 2hander pvp power vs 1hander pvp power?

Well Tg has only raw stats bonuses for it, Smf has a 35% damage boost to all attacks, plus 25% damage increase to off hand damage, (same with tg but smf benefits more from off hand damage) making things like wildstrike hit harder then tg, raging blow i think hits close to the same as tg, (still waiting on my 1h to test it out) but heroic strike, dragon roar, shockwave, execute, etc. Basically anything that hits based off attack power hits harder as smf then tg.

Also note that most people are running tg because they probably main spec arms and are using fury for fun. As for the 2h pvp power vs 1h, the pvp power on 2h weapons is unique (so you cant benefit from a 2nd 2h) and the power on 2 1h;s is equal to the 2h weapon
Arms is just more consistent and reliable. Fury relies on crits and enrage procs for raging blow. Fury has potential for higher burst. Another reason most prefer arms is due to the fact that fury has a higher hit cap due to dual wield. Less time stacking hit, more time stacking better stats, also not rage starved as easily.
Arms is just more consistent and reliable. Fury relies on crits and enrage procs for raging blow. Fury has potential for higher burst. Another reason most prefer arms is due to the fact that fury has a higher hit cap due to dual wield. Less time stacking hit, more time stacking better stats, also not rage starved as easily.

Actually 3% hit is all you need just like arms, it works just fine because our main attack generates rage. The problem is that fury needs a reliable ability that procs often enough and costs no more then 10 rage (bloodsurge procced wildstrikes would be perfect).

Blizzard increase the proc chance of wildstrike in pvp environments by 20% Please
Personally I love being Fury in PvP and I tend to do fine but for me its all about feeling, what you enjoy playing more.
the real test for fury is when you have a BiS mainhand pve weapon with your pvp offhand
Still math doesnt add up the Str and increased other stats <master crit haste ect>from a pair of 2 handers over SmF 1 handers <using Mael gladiator as a base> not to mention the extra hp from the DOUBLE+ stamina 9%pvp power weapons vs 18%power EACH ? not to mention resil ? Lookin at next seasons weps is even BIGGER variations I think TG by far along with double the crit mast ect ect I just do not see the advantage as big as people seem to think ALthough I will say until you have GOOD 2handers tg can seem like slow garbage and is far far more gear reliant then Arms requires to function <pve basic random bgs ect>. I kinda wonder if this is turning out like other Mmos have where an expansion comes out and gear mechanics change game mechanics, Example old day evercrack top tank weapons were 1 handers fast low damage then during one of the middle expansions skills gear stats had tanks toting big 2handed weps <same classes no new skillsets> Due to the expansion's equipment breaking the class mechanics >shrug< btw anyone know release day of Tyranical gear?
Still math doesnt add up the Str and increased other stats <master crit haste ect>from a pair of 2 handers over SmF 1 handers <using Mael gladiator as a base> not to mention the extra hp from the DOUBLE+ stamina 9%pvp power weapons vs 18%power EACH ? not to mention resil ?

Lookin at next seasons weps is even BIGGER variations I think TG by far along with double the crit mast ect ect I just do not see the advantage as big as people seem to think ALthough I will say until you have GOOD 2handers tg can seem like slow garbage and is far far more gear reliant then Arms requires to function <pve basic random bgs ect>.

I kinda wonder if this is turning out like other Mmos have where an expansion comes out and gear mechanics change game mechanics, Example old day evercrack top tank weapons were 1 handers fast low damage then during one of the middle expansions skills gear stats had tanks toting big 2handed weps <same classes no new skillsets> Due to the expansion's equipment breaking the class mechanics >shrug<

btw anyone know release day of Tyranical gear?

Was that so hard?
Still math doesnt add up the Str and increased other stats <master crit haste ect>from a pair of 2 handers over SmF 1 handers <using Mael gladiator as a base> not to mention the extra hp from the DOUBLE+ stamina 9%pvp power weapons vs 18%power EACH ? not to mention resil ?

Yes you do get more str from dual wielding 2hs, however, due to Smf wildstrikes, heroic strikes and any ability that is based off attack power, hit harder then Tg, as well as auto attacks are strong as smf. Also since pvp power on 2h weapons is unique, Tg is better off using a pve weapon in the main hand (higher weapon damage and stats) and the 2h pvp weapon in the off hand. the extra resil and stamina is negligible, same with a resil.

Lookin at next seasons weps is even BIGGER variations I think TG by far along with double the crit mast ect ect I just do not see the advantage as big as people seem to think ALthough I will say until you have GOOD 2handers tg can seem like slow garbage and is far far more gear reliant then Arms requires to function <pve basic random bgs ect>.

In Pve Smf has higher single target damage then Tg while Tg pulls ahead in aoe, yes next season there will be stronger 2h, but still Tg and SMF will have the same amount of pvp power regardless, and its not as if smf cant catch up on the crit and mastery department.

The main issue right now though is bloodsurge procs are hard to come by in pvp and aren't reliable enough, and enrage procs aren't reliable till 20% unbuffed crit. Thats why arms is so much better, However, if things stay the same as they are now i can see fury being very much on par with arms if not better once we have access to better gear.