Stealth Nerf for Blingtron 4000?

Professions
So since I made him, I've been dropping him regularly in the middle of Stormwind to give something back to the community and to bathe in the glowing attention. I always announce I'm dropping him a few minutes prior and by the time I get around to it I have at least a dozen people surrounding me waiting anxiously.

When I did this today after reset, I switch to all my characters and got in my daily quest, but my 57 rogue was unable to do so. I didn't think much of it at the time. Then when I log back on my priest, I get a rush of whispers asking why they weren't able to get the quest today, when they were able to on previous days. I put 2 and 2 together, converted it into Gnomish Binary, suffered through hours of calculations, and then finally came to the conclusion that Blingtron 4000 must have been stealth nerfed in that his daily quest now has a level requirement.

All I can figure right now is that the requirement is less than 80 and higher than 57. In any case, this kind of ruins the appeal of having a Blingtron when I don't have a dozen level 11 pandas surrounding me when I drop him. I imagine this was done to prevent someone from dropping a Blingtron in Northshire Valley and spam creating humans to get many turn ins done before he disappears every 4 hours. I would think it would be less of an annoyance to players to just scale the items in the gift package to the player's levels.

All in all, even though I only lose one attempt per day, I'm still sorely disappointed.
I noticed this as well, I'm very disappointed :( I can see making a level requirement, but level 30ish would have been high enough to avoid any problems. My level 60 should DEFINITELY be high enough!
Wait a sec, it requires lvl 90 materials and yet is only a benefit to those below level 80?

How does that make any sense?
Totally lame if this is true. Part of the awesomeness was low levels saying thank you because they got a few gold out of it.
10/02/2012 05:30 AMPosted by Gleam
I imagine this was done to prevent someone from dropping a Blingtron in Northshire Valley and spam creating humans to get many turn ins done before he disappears every 4 hours.
Blingtron's supposed to only be once per account.. maybe they just can't get that part working, and the level requirement is a temporary thing?
Wait a sec, it requires lvl 90 materials and yet is only a benefit to those below level 80?

How does that make any sense?

You misunderstand. It has a minimum level requirement, not a maximum level requirement. Only people at a certain level and above are able to get the quest.
Quote from the patch 5.0.5 hotfixes blog post under the "quests" section

The daily gift quest granted by "Blingtron 4000" is now only available to players of level 80 and above.