Brewmaster threat suggestion

Monk
I'm only 65, so please inform me if there is a spell later or a Glyph, but devs, please make a minor Glyph or a spell similar to paladins, that either A) reduces brewmaster threat by x%, or B) increases threat by x% , for brewmasters?

I'd like to just DPS sometimes, without the threat over another tank. I can't imagine raids later if you are an offtank.
Honestly, having a glyph like that for all tank classes would be a great idea. Perhaps specifically:

"Reduced threat generated by 50% on targets which are attacking a target other than you."

Good for off-tanking setups and target-swapping setups, to allow tanks to continue to generate DPS, but still able to maintain threat when they actually need to tank (and wouldn't impair threat on initial pull either).
This is a strange topic; If a tank taunts, he begins to generate vengeance rapidly and you lose yours eventually.

DPS until your hearts content after a taunt. If you're pulling off your other tank outside of cd's then they are doing something wrong.
I'm not certain I completly know what you're talking about here.

I assume it is something along the lines of having something that allows a tank to do dmg without building threat like a tank.

The example you gave is a pally, and I assume you're talking about rightous Fury and how pallys can turn it off to avoid serious threat generation while continuing to attack.

All of the old classes have an ability like this. And I think monks do too.

For druids its called cat form.
This allows you to continue to do dps while not building threat like a tank.
For warriors it's stances, they can go to either of their other stances to continue their damage.
For DKs its presences, they can do frost or unholy presence instead of blood.

And for monks I think their stances work the same way.
However I am not sure of this.
but i am guessing that if you go to a stance other than the Sturdy Ox your threat generation will decrease.

Now obviously all of these abilities are different, with different benefits and draw backs, but all classes have different abilities so isnt that the fun part.
The stance works yes, but then you actually lose out on DPS because you lose certain abilities such as keg smash and breath of fire for AoE.

I just want a righteous fury spell instead of adding threat generation to stance.
10/02/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Iïlïlïlïl
I'd like to just DPS sometimes, without the threat over another tank.

Then don't be a tank spec?
10/02/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Gruklaar
I'd like to just DPS sometimes, without the threat over another tank.

Then don't be a tank spec?

Then GTFO of our forum? I do tank. And heal. I Que as all three, and because of the surplus of tanks and healers, I get DPS everytime.

And I'm not complaining, about it, I'm giving a suggestion for players who want to DPS as brewmaster. For one, brewmaster AoE is much much better than windwalker.

Save your ignorance for a different forum, or post as your monk. And if that is the case, then you obviously have a love for your warrior, so switch back
The stance works yes, but then you actually lose out on DPS because you lose certain abilities such as keg smash and breath of fire for AoE.

I just want a righteous fury spell instead of adding threat generation to stance.

I get what you're saying.
But with the way vengance works you will be doing much less dps if you don't have threat and aren't getting hit already.

Currently every other class except pallys mechanics is that when they are in their non-tanking mode they lose some abilities and gain others.

So while it may be nice for monks to have an equivalent to righteous fury, I would say that RF is something that is more unique to pallys while stances (or the equivalent with forms and presences) is the norm, and that is what monks got.

Edit:
DKs are similar to Pallys also with their presences I think. They have the same abilities availible to them no matter what presence they are in.
Then GTFO of our forum? I do tank. And heal. I Que as all three, and because of the surplus of tanks and healers, I get DPS everytime.

And I'm not complaining, about it, I'm giving a suggestion for players who want to DPS as brewmaster. For one, brewmaster AoE is much much better than windwalker.

Save your ignorance for a different forum, or post as your monk. And if that is the case, then you obviously have a love for your warrior, so switch back

Make a stupid suggestion, get a stupid answer.

Brewmaster is a tanking spec. That's all it is meant to do. You're trying to shoehorn it into a role it's not meant to fill.
Currently every other class except pallys mechanics is that when they are in their non-tanking mode they lose some abilities and gain others.

Neither DKs nor Paladins work this way. Druids are the only ones, other than monks, that have their threat increase tied to a stance which grants abilities.
10/02/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Daerius

Neither DKs nor Paladins work this way. Druids are the only ones, other than monks, that have their threat increase tied to a stance which grants abilities.

warriors stances work this way as well.
Many abilities require you to be in a certain stance.
Tiger stance doesn't normalize your threat?
DKS and paladins used to work that way as well. I haven't looked post 5.0, but it used to be pretty common. However, I have to agree with the fact that you shouldn't be trying to DPS in a tank spec anymore. If you want to be a BM/MW thats fine, but expect to not DPS.
warriors stances work this way as well.
Many abilities require you to be in a certain stance.

Not since 5.0. Stances are completely independent of abilities now.

Warriors and DKs no longer require certain stances to use abilities. Paladins never have, that I recall. It's only druids and monks now (and of those, only druids really make sense).
10/02/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Stalkings
Tiger stance doesn't normalize your threat?

You have to be in Ox stance to gain an increased threat modifier (similar to righteous fury.) Being a Brewmaster in Tiger Stance doesn't decrease the threat you generate but puts you in the same category as every other DPS class threat wise.

This would solve the OPs problem of getting too much threat as a DPS Brewmaster in groups but you lose most of the Brewmasters signature abilities when you do that.

Putting in a "Threat Toggle" for Brewmasters monks might be one of those nice to have sort of things but it's outside the scope of Blizzards vision of what the Monk class should be and probably will never™ happen.
Putting in a "Threat Toggle" for Brewmasters monks might be one of those nice to have sort of things but it's outside the scope of Blizzards vision of what the Monk class should be and probably will never™ happen.

It's completely alien to the way WoW was built. You tank in a tank spec. You DPS in a DPS spec. Feel free to DPS in a tank spec, but don't expect to get anything to support you
10/02/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Descretoria

It's completely alien to the way WoW was built. You tank in a tank spec. You DPS in a DPS spec. Feel free to DPS in a tank spec, but don't expect to get anything to support you

So we should decrease blood dk DPS ,you agree?
10/02/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Iïlïlïlïl
So we should decrease blood dk DPS ,you agree?

I do, for one. I don't think any tank spec should be doing more than 1/4 to 1/2 of what a dedicated DPS spec can do.

Only if you have vengeance which, if you're not tanking, you won't.

If you're offtanking a fight and it's the other players turn to tank you won't have issues because their taunt + vengeance will prevent you from pulling aggro. If you're talking about simply making it viable for Brewmasters to DPS in instances then you're going to be out of luck.

As soon as a brewmaster stops tanking abilities such as dizzying haze, shuffle, elusive brew and guard become completely useless and never touched. This means you just sit there slapping Keg Smash and Blackout kick. How boring.
Since your 65 if you want to just dps use your duel spec option, there you go problem solved