Coren Direbrew Loot Feedback

General Discussion
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.

I just went through 4 ( more with queue times ) hours of doing Coren Direbrew in an effort to acquire the physical dps trinket that he drops. I didn't have any friends around to team up with so I had to use the dungeon tool. I had the trinket drop about 15+ times , half of which I lost to tanks , healers , non-physical dps. It is my understanding that this happens not because people use different roles as their main spec but use those trinkets as an ilvl boost so they can enter heroics sooner. Considering the situation right now and how these trinkets are BiS pre-raid do you think it would be a good idea / be possible to have a role check applied in any way for them ?

P.S. At the end of these excruciating hours what was the worst thing was that I won the tank trinket on a greed roll. Such is my luck.
No, simply because people often try and build off sets to be more applicable in any scenario for their raiding guild. However, I would like Blizzard to implement a spec-check roll feature. For instance, the system would first check the current spec of the player and then the intended spec of the item. If the item is a physical DPS trinket, the system would only give those who aren't currently a physical DPS a greed button and nothing else. This way, those who are working that particular spec are reward accordingly.
All I can say is thank gawd they implemented the new system for lfr. This post just reminds me that, no matter what short comings the new system has (or complaints people have about it), its way better than what we used to have.
09/29/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Pângea
No, simply because people often try and build off sets to be more applicable in any scenario for their raiding guild. However, I would like Blizzard to implement a spec-check roll feature. For instance, the system would first check the current spec of the player and then the intended spec of the item. If the item is a physical DPS trinket, the system would only give those who aren't currently a physical DPS a greed button and nothing else. This way, those who are working that particular spec are reward accordingly.

It could be the fact they are supporting dual roles for their guild, however, at the same time I'd like to let you know this from personal experience: If you do every single quest zone and every single quest , especially the last zone , you barely make it to 440 ilvl. If you just run normal dungeons you WILL NOT have the ilvl to get into heroics. This and the fact I saw mages and warlocks needing on the healer trinket. I even lost my dps trinket once to a lvl 89 prot pally , he couldn't even wear it yet. I've had people tell me that's the reason ( their ilvl ) they rolled need on it. Of course I understand that doesn't nearly apply to everyone , but honest to god this has been my worst pug experience in a very long while. I actually took a breather and a cup of tea before writing this topic because I feared I'll get myself suspended with the stuff I was going to initially write.
If the dice are white, it's all right.

So just keep trying and you'll eventually get it by default.
I do appreciate the support Whyve , but there's no "by default" really. If I was running with a consistent 5man , yes , and I do plan to get 5 people I know before I even step foot in that place anymore, however that doesn't remove the problem for others.
09/29/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Floross
I do appreciate the support Whyve , but there's no "by default" really. If I was running with a consistent 5man , yes , and I do plan to get 5 people I know before I even step foot in that place anymore, however that doesn't remove the problem for others.

Yes there is. You can't roll on the item from the encounter if you already have it. It's happened to me many times during a holiday boss and I've wound up with tons of needless tanking crap on my Priest.

Unless it's been changed this year and everyone can roll for everything. If that happened, BAD BLIZZARD! BAD!
09/29/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Pângea

This.
I had the trinket specifically for Caster Dps with no healing value drop.
(It had crit. Worst healer stat unless you're running Disc.)

Healer rolled need.
I was the only dps caster.

It was pretty much bullcrap.
09/29/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Pleåsure

If my Paladin runs her Shockadin build, she wants crit. Just saying that not everything is 100% cut and dry.
09/29/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Whyvette

If my Paladin runs her Shockadin build, she wants crit. Just saying that not everything is 100% cut and dry.

On my Paladin healer i would avoid crit.
You don't need it. Shockadin is not very viable. Holy shock's base crit is high enough.
I would go for throughput using Haste, and Spirit.

Regardless. This situation was a Shaman. Her mainspec was Elemental, but she queued as a Healer.
This was cut and dry.
@Whyvette

They are still very much unique equipped, however what you're saying is not a solution ( and honestly is makes very little difference considering how long the event goes for and the amount of players ). Not even considering if all that gear is disenchantable, All this free rolling does is slow down the acquisition of the gear for a lot of players ( or maybe just the ones with bad luck on rolls ).

Either way to me this is still very much a big problem. It's their ilvl , it's their pre-raid BiS status , it's all of that that makes this kinda important.
You know you have almost 2 weeks to get the trinket, right? You can run the instance over and over.
09/29/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Tikaru
You know you have almost 2 weeks to get the trinket, right? You can run the instance over and over.

And still not get it lol, as silly as that sounds. But I don't want to spend my entire wow time just killing coren direbrew over and over do I ? Even people in 5mans don't loot steal need as much as this one because , well let's face it , they are already in heroics so they don't need the ilvl boost ( that and the fact most gear is not need-able by all , but trinkets are ).

Anyway , I do hope people keep discussing this and voicing out their concerns ( unless there's only a few of us that think it's a problem ) , but if this thread dies out so be it. Thanks for everyone that posted so far.
Didn't get the trinket the first day of the event?

Go to the forums.

Seriously, you're complaining about NOTHING. It's the first day. Stop being so emo about it.
Didn't get the trinket the first day of the event?

Go to the forums.

Seriously, you're complaining about NOTHING. It's the first day. Stop being so emo about it.

F**k you too buddy. I ran that thing THAT many times.
Is this loot tailored to the group members' specs?

So far, of 12 runs I have had 7x stam, 4x dodge, 1x crit/AP trinket.
Is this loot tailored to the group members' specs?

So far, of 12 runs I have had 7x stam, 4x dodge, 1x crit/AP trinket.

I've only seen the melee trinket drop once and lost the roll, its fun knowing everyone else in my guild has it except me. RNG FTW!

This.
I had the trinket specifically for Caster Dps with no healing value drop.

Healer rolled need.
I was the only dps caster.

It was pretty much bullcrap.

That actually depends on the class. For Shamans a good balance of Crit, Mastery, and Haste produces the most effective healing IME.

The same could apply to priests also, depending on how they spec out etc...

I think the problem the OP is refering to overall though is things like this:

Physical DPS trinket drops

Rollers:

Shaman (elemental)
Pally (holy)
Warrior (prot)

Now, offspec maybe they can use it. But they spec they are using they probably normally wouldn't wear one (i.e. the warrior may use it, but would probably be better off with one of the other two).

I think the point he was trying to make is that a "NEED" roll in game should be based on spec currently being played.
Got my healer trinket the first run...