Searing Totem - You're almost there, Blizzard

Shaman
This isn't going to be a long, elaborate post. In essence, totems have finally stopped being dead weight, and have now become situational abilities, and I love it. I've never WANTED to play my Shaman, my oldest toon, so badly. But I have a lot of options to play now at the launch of Mists and I notice one thing: on my death knight, paladin and rogue. I don't have to drop or use a preperation ability to get on with what I'm doing. Searing Totem is still a waste of time. Questing? Drop searing totem, THEN start killing. Dungeons and raids? It only lasts one minute, so you have to keep refresing it.

The point is, is this really even needed? No, it's really not.
I suggest making a Searing Shield, which you can have with your Lightning Shield, that applies Searing Stacks at the same rate it would as a totem, so that we can just get on with it.

It just feels like it's the only totem that escaped this elevation that I otherwise enjoy very much.
Searing totem really isn't all that bad. I guess I'm old school and prefer having totems around me. It's just a gcd every minute, it can't be that bad. Plus with totemic projection it makes the need to constantly recall and re-drop all the time obsolete. I love that spell to no end.

It doesn't buff ele's damage like it does enhance but I still drop it regardless.
For soloing I never use it. Unless I go crazy and start pulling mobs and don't realize I have low health and could use an extra damage push.
In dungeons however, I always drop it. It is a dps increase even if it is small.
I like dropping it (totemic projection = awesome) even while solo leveling just to get myself in the habit. And because at my level (still 85) seeing the regular 40K - 50K crits makes me happy even if it's not rational to drop the totem.
For soloing I never use it. Unless I go crazy and start pulling mobs and don't realize I have low health and could use an extra damage push.
In dungeons however, I always drop it. It is a dps increase even if it is small.

Instead use Magma Totem for more than 1 target.
10/01/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Keekz
Instead use Magma Totem for more than 1 target.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. The 50% buff to Lava Lash is a lot more damage unless it's a mass aoe situation like most of the trash pulls in Scholomance.
Searing totem isn't a small amount of damage. It's your highest priority thing.

Magma totem gets dropped when there are 6 or more targets, otherwise Searing is still better.
shamans are totemic warriors. quit trying to throw away totems.