PvP vendor's being killed

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
10/04/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Sosus

In other words if you play on the underdog side of a heavily imbalanced server and can only play during prime time you are SoL. A sense of sadness goes out for those players.

The tears fuel my furnace of hate.

Probably a comment fueled by the fact that WoW has an overall 60-40 Alliance faction imbalance?

I'm lucky to be on a balanced server. If I was on one of the many 70-30 and worse PvP servers I'd be PISSED by this change.

The tears fuel my furnace of hate.

Probably a comment fueled by the fact that WoW has an overall 60-40 Alliance faction imbalance?

I'm lucky to be on a balanced server. If I was on one of the many 70-30 and worse PvP servers I'd be PISSED by this change.

Get your buddies and defend them than? I'm sure not everyone's incentive is to demolish pvp vendors. I was waiting for this expansion for world pvp since vanilla and BC and now I have it. I'm not even a big time pvp anymore but I crave world pvp. Cata was promised world pvp but it never delivered.

If someone is camping the vendors, just come back at a later time. I am sure they'll get bored and go do something else. I'm tired of carebears crying on a PVP server.

It's called World of Warcraft.
WARCRAFT.
WAR.
Just tell the vendors not to flag if they don't want to be ganked.
Honestly, I see this lasting maybe a month at most before blizzard realises the major problem.

Then it will be a quick patch and the vendors will "retreat to a more strategically viable location"
I like the idea too, in theory.

In practice this seems like a major setback for anyone who plays on a realm with severely imbalanced faction populations.

Too bad, they prefer $25 over having balanced faction populations on PvP servers.

You are so correct. Blizzard takes no action without always considering a way to collect the $25.00 transfer fee. This is why you will never see server mergers and the "Free" Transfer option is so restrictive, often putting people in different time zones !?!?!
Honestly, I see this lasting maybe a month at most before blizzard realises the major problem.

Then it will be a quick patch and the vendors will "retreat to a more strategically viable location"

You guys act like the opposing faction is going to build their new house there. If they're attacking them come back a later time to pick up your gear. Sheesh. Crybabies.

You guys act like the opposing faction is going to build their new house there. If they're attacking them come back a later time to pick up your gear. Sheesh. Crybabies.

Are you on a PvP server? Better yet = a PvP server that's dominated by the opposing faction at prime time? I suppose you could come back at 3 AM and buy some PvP gear, but really? That's just not a viable answer.

Again, Blizz will let this last for maybe a month - tops - and then there will be a hot fix where not only will PvP vendors not be stronger - they'll retreat to Ogrimmar and Stormwind.

I just don't see why we have to wait even that long, given that they're already delaying the non-MoP stuff and 85s are already forced to buy MoP anyway. It's not like this will REALLY encourage world PvP if they do nothing more about faction imbalance.

That wouldnt satisfy the people's need and craving for instant gratification. Wait on something?? PvP at the PvP vendors??? THIS IS MADNESS!!

I still believe they should be elites though.

That wouldnt satisfy the people's need and craving for instant gratification. Wait on something?? PvP at the PvP vendors??? THIS IS MADNESS!!

And again, it makes no sense that PvP vendors shouldn't offer their gear in the capitals. Aside from faction-balance/world-PvP factors, it literally makes no sense and confuses people.

"Oh yes, the real gear? That's only available in China? We only sell fake, obsolete gear here in the capital."

Wait, why? It makes no sense. It doesn't even make any gaming sense given the faction imbalance issues.

And again, it makes no sense that PvP vendors shouldn't offer their gear in the capitals. Aside from faction-balance/world-PvP factors, it literally makes no sense and confuses people.

It's sad that it would confuse people if they had to actually... bum Bum BUMMMM... LEAVE A CITY FOR ONCE

People are right... Blizzard.. dont change ANYTHING.. EVER! I LOVE playing <World of Sit in a city going from level 15 to 90 queuing for dungeons and BGs... craft>
It's sad that it would confuse people if they had to actually... bum Bum BUMMMM... LEAVE A CITY FOR ONCE

Why so snippy? First of all, it's quite likely people have to leave the capitals to level and gather resources, regardless, and nothing about relocating the PvP vendors back to the capital where they make sense would change that.

Besides that, given the faction imbalances, we all know the PvP vendors will eventually relocate back to the capital, or at least to an uncontested city (and probably the capitals, for convenience) so don't act like it's a moral or gameplay issue. It'll happen regardless, for obvious and necessary reasons.

Blizz is just trying to temporarily goad people for a few weeks before they bow to reality. It's just kind of annoying in the meantime, really.
LOL COME ON ALLY ON ILLIDAN COME BUY GEAR!

oh and that 90 rogue and 90 druid that couldn't 2v1 me please come buy gear.

There is literally no Alliance left on Illidan at all ; http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=21

A 200+ to 1 ratio anyone ?
LOL COME ON ALLY ON ILLIDAN COME BUY GEAR!

oh and that 90 rogue and 90 druid that couldn't 2v1 me please come buy gear.

There is literally no Alliance left on Illidan at all ; http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=21

Come on! According to DarthBaddy, that's just a challenge! Get everyone together at a particular time once a week, and make your best possible effort to get to the PvP vendor before he dies and all that.

That's obviously a realistic solution.

Come on! According to DarthBaddy, that's just a challenge! Get everyone together at a particular time once a week, and make your best possible effort to get to the PvP vendor before he dies and all that.

That's obviously a realistic solution.

Just like the night elf said.. It's not like the horde PvP vendors are sitting right outside of Stormwind... You would have to go out of your way just to get to the other faction's PvP vendor location.

hah.. i was wondering how long it would take you to start lashing out with insults.. Nobody will take you seriously now, and nobody cares. Please stop commenting.
Just get a friend to invite you to their server via btag invites if its such an issue, that's what I've been doing.
10/04/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Elae
Just get a friend to invite you to their server via btag invites if its such an issue, that's what I've been doing.

I thought there was no Crz in MOP.
who gives a damn about Vendors, Fix priests first they suck in both PVE and PVP (Holy + disc)
How does giving the NPCs more health make it better? Did Blizzard buff the damage they do as well?

Attacking an NPC who cannot hurt you but has a large health pool just prolongs the gank fest. I'm not sure that is much of a fix.
book of tome is needed indeed
Lol, I feel sorry for Blizz. No matter what they do, half of you will !@#$% and the other half will call it genius. Then, when they change it to where both sides agree, other will ^-*!@. It's an on-going viscous cycle.
I suppose that's what happens in a game with this many subs. You can't do anything to make the masses happy, even if you did, people would #$%^- about others being happy.