Is WoW your main source of social interaction

Wyrmrest Accord
Nope
Beginning of the year? Nope. Was able to go out and hang with RL friends and stuff. And did so rather frequently...

Now...Yep. Moved states (DE to AL) and I know NO ONE here. So still talk to RL friends on WoW and Skype. And most of my social interaction comes from WoW and RPing now >.>
Nope, I talk to people on another forum.

I have created my own personal Matrix. Do not disturb.
Sometimes I wish it was
Do people who I met in WoW but talk to a good deal in AIM and such instead of in-game count? Especially since at least half the time we don't talk about WoW?

But really, WoW is at least the background for my main social interaction. Still job-hunting, pretty shy and nervous in social situations, and not overly inclined toward going out anyway. (The husband and I are a bit hermitish.)
09/30/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Lann
>.>

No need for shifty eyes, look around you're not the only one apparently.
09/30/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Layam
>.>

No need for shifty eyes, look around you're not the only one apparently.

But it's habit! *clings*
Well, ventrillo is, really. I guess WoW/MMOs would also be a good chunk of it, as would be the RP forum I'm apart of.

I live in a city that doesn't really have a lot to do, though. There's bowling, but I'm left handed and my left hip is trash. Can't get through a whole game without suffering. (I sound so ooooold.) There's also, uh... The zoo? And the expensive-as-hell movie theater, and... bars. And a lot of my friends live at least 30 minutes away.
Weekdays, most definitely. Weekends? Sometimes, if I don't feel like going out. Career is quite taxing, so staying home and relaxing is a luxury I like to nibble on.
On weekdays it certainly is and for the most part my only social interaction outside of texts to my friends. On weekends though I hardly ever play so it takes a major backseat to rl stuff.
I would say yes.
09/30/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Lann
Now...Yep. Moved states (DE to AL)

Not like you were leaving a lot, here.

I mean, no sales tax, but eh. I'd murder for some entertainment around here that wasn't shopping.
09/30/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Valliac
Now...Yep. Moved states (DE to AL)

Not like you were leaving a lot, here.

I mean, no sales tax, but eh. I'd murder for some entertainment around here that wasn't shopping.

I...um...well >.> I used to walk the few nature trails near where I lived...actually probably could have walked them blindfolded...mostly. They were also my photo-shooting grounds...took alot of pictures out there. But yeah was a pretty dull state to live in...of course AL is shaping up to be just as dull mostly since I don't have anyone to drag me out of the house.
Yes, outside of work (which doesn't count). I'm high-functioning Autistic and I communicate and express myself more easily through text than in face-to-face conversation. Being an Autistic artist in this particular city does not make for ease of finding friends, so I find them through this particular common interest. It's really no different than meeting and talking to people in RL social/art/etc clubs and interest groups.
Yes. I've always been sort of a lone wolf with things, and typically only keep a few close friends to socialize with at any given time historically. I can be the life of the party and used to always be, but it's not really in my nature. I kind of have to put effort into being out-going. That sort of effort wasn't even put into WoW for me until I became a guild master and figured, well, if I wanted people to stay in a guild with me I'd have to not keep to myself in silence all the time.

I move around a lot, and after the last move leaving behind the friends I'd had in Hawaii, I didn't really make any where I live now. WoW became my socializing tool and the friends I have here are precious to me. I like knowing that when I move again within the next year, I'll easily continue interacting with them, since we all play video games together. Thank you internet for keeping us connected!
Honestly? Yep. I am a hugely solitary person, I don't like interacting with people in person a lot and require large amounts of alone time to feel comfortable and happy. Certain things I enjoy doing require interaction with a good number of other people, and I have met some good friends through this.
Yes.

Its just this thing with people and social gatherings. Makes me all...well....angry I suppose, never know what to say, get frustrated with myself, and end up walking all over with my headset on, keeping as far away as possible.
Yep.

WoW and Skype. I would be social irl but I live in Maine and I'm not very good at speaking moose.
No.