Queuing as a DPS Mistweaver in a 5 man..

Monk
i generally get first or second on dps by just grabbing mass pulls not caring about what the tank wants and aoe healing and dpsing queued as a dps. tanks tend to be the biggest problem with this method though. they seem to think these days in leveling instances that its their job to run the group and control the pace, in reality the tanks only job is to hold aggro on whats around him much like a healer heals people that are hurt and a dps does damage to mobs... tanks these days in high end vanilla / bc instances have been little girls though. had to vote kick quite a few who think they are clever not to tank when we pull.

Ugh. Like someone else pointed out, people like you are a big part of the reason more people don't tank. I last tanked right before the patch, and nothing makes tanking an instance less fun than some impatient jerk who keeps pulling. Then I have to frantically react to the situation instead of just having control of the situation from the beginning. If more people were willing to wait 5 freaking seconds for the tank to pull instead of pulling themselves, you wouldn't have to wait so long in the queue waiting for a tank.
i generally get first or second on dps by just grabbing mass pulls not caring about what the tank wants and aoe healing and dpsing queued as a dps. tanks tend to be the biggest problem with this method though. they seem to think these days in leveling instances that its their job to run the group and control the pace, in reality the tanks only job is to hold aggro on whats around him much like a healer heals people that are hurt and a dps does damage to mobs... tanks these days in high end vanilla / bc instances have been little girls though. had to vote kick quite a few who think they are clever not to tank when we pull.

Ugh. Like someone else pointed out, people like you are a big part of the reason more people don't tank. I last tanked right before the patch, and nothing makes tanking an instance less fun than some impatient jerk who keeps pulling. Then I have to frantically react to the situation instead of just having control of the situation from the beginning. If more people were willing to wait 5 freaking seconds for the tank to pull instead of pulling themselves, you wouldn't have to wait so long in the queue waiting for a tank.

dont need tanks pre 85.... and to be honest the reason so many people dont tank is because tanks are the only spec that dont transfer gear/spec to pvp well... you know... just so you know bright guy.
You must be one of the clever !@#$tards I see Spinning Crane Kick on a single mob I see every single instance I run.
Whiskeyhealz: I'd love to see you try running through any of the Cata instances without a tank. Because you can't.

If you want the tank to pull faster, here's a brilliant idea, BECOME A TANK. Normally I like tanking but I have no issue letting idiots who pull another group (intentionally) die. Vote kick me out? Queue up, 2 minutes later, another group with fresh instance, more XP.

If you want to just level, go quest. If you want to level and learn how to be a part of the solution and not the problem, go LFD.
10/02/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Caldrick
You must be one of the clever !@#$!@#$% I see Spinning Crane Kick on a single mob I see every single instance I run.

lol i top dps as mistweaver... i SCK when there is more than 2 mobs pulled which i always make sure there is. bosses i just attack like normal.

Whiskeyhealz: I'd love to see you try running through any of the Cata instances without a tank. Because you can't.

If you want the tank to pull faster, here's a brilliant idea, BECOME A TANK. Normally I like tanking but I have no issue letting idiots who pull another group (intentionally) die. Vote kick me out? Queue up, 2 minutes later, another group with fresh instance, more XP.

If you want to just level, go quest. If you want to level and learn how to be a part of the solution and not the problem, go LFD.

yes you can run pre 85 without a tank, hell i can solo BC dungeons. you tanks are so sensitive. i solve my problem... i pull what i want to speed up the group. tank doesnt tank, i dont die i kill what i pulled then remove them.

i understand the use for a group at cap ok, ive run raids and heroics alot. but until i need one im not going to listen to one like he's jesus. telling me he pulls what he thinks he can survive without knowing how well we can keep him up. i level at the rate i want to, you want to get kicked and move on to running dungeons slow, be my guest...
Whiskeyhealz, while I'm sure everyone gets rather annoyed at slow tanks, it's equally as annoying having someone other than the tank continuously do all the pulling. This is moreso annoying for the tank itself.

Imagine if everyone was like you, and one person decided to pull this, while the other decided to pull that, and the third decided to pull those guys over there. Chaos would ensue. This is why it's common courtesy to let everyone do their job, as opposed to going against the purpose of team work and doing whatever the hell you wanna do.

If the tank is unbearably slow, then it's acceptable to have someone else keep the run going, but some people simply feel like they should do all the pulling regardless of how slow or fast the tank is. And that's really annoying, from a tank and a healer's point of view.
honestly 1-80 you dont need a tank, a group of all mistweavers can dps and heal through an entire instance just fine. i dont have time to wait on 20 minute queues to heal a group (dont know why they are so long, i understand they are faster at cap but during non cap there is a surplus of healers). to be perfectly honest i dont care if i hurt some tanks feelings because im tired of him 2 pulling. i have levels to acquire and since i know hes not even needed, im not going to listen to him cry im going to kick him and keep moving at a fast pace. its not like i do this at cap. but during these lower levels, no i dont give a !@#$. they are slow ill speed it up, they complain and stop tanking, ill remove them. i aoe heal and aoe dps, they just dps they are quite expendable.

now everyone can bite my head off saying im ruining tanks lives and that im the leading cause of a shortage of them... i have my own agenda and as long as the group backs me (which they always do) we are going to keep dropping useless tanks for the ones that understand all they need to do is aoe dps with us through these sub 80 levels.

You're full of yourself. You're giving us good monks a bad name. Baddie.
honestly 1-80 you dont need a tank, a group of all mistweavers can dps and heal through an entire instance just fine. i dont have time to wait on 20 minute queues to heal a group (dont know why they are so long, i understand they are faster at cap but during non cap there is a surplus of healers). to be perfectly honest i dont care if i hurt some tanks feelings because im tired of him 2 pulling. i have levels to acquire and since i know hes not even needed, im not going to listen to him cry im going to kick him and keep moving at a fast pace. its not like i do this at cap. but during these lower levels, no i dont give a !@#$. they are slow ill speed it up, they complain and stop tanking, ill remove them. i aoe heal and aoe dps, they just dps they are quite expendable.

now everyone can bite my head off saying im ruining tanks lives and that im the leading cause of a shortage of them... i have my own agenda and as long as the group backs me (which they always do) we are going to keep dropping useless tanks for the ones that understand all they need to do is aoe dps with us through these sub 80 levels.

You're full of yourself. You're giving us good monks a bad name. Baddie.

lol... dont put yourself in that category dumbass. judging by your 2585 achievement points on cross character combination, you know very little about this game and have done even less.

lol... dont put yourself in that category dumbass. judging by your 2585 achievement points on cross character combination, you know very little about this game and have done even less.

You're level 68, with 9 successful BC dungeon runs. You haven't done any WotLK dungeons yet. Yeah, you can burn through BC dungeons real easy (But you haven't done the harder ones. 1 Mana Tombs, 3 Slave Pens, 3 Underbog, 2 Auch Crypts).

Talk about how you don't need a tank when you've done the harder BC/starting WotLK dungeons.
I've been loving this personally.

Suddenly you have two healers that can keep thier own on DPS (Within reasonable levels for level sofar (note I am only level 70ish)

so while your burning your mana and doing eminence healing while your at it. the other healer only has to keep his low mana cost stuff rolling and can dps themselves while thier at it.

a Disc Priest using atonement and Mistweaver Monk make dungeons go like nothing else.

I am seriousally thinking about running Arenas with a Mistweaver monk, a Disc Priest and a Blood DK. just because.

Obvioius GearScore Lover Warning.

all it means is they haven't been grinding achivements, it has no bearing on how long or how much they've played.

You're level 68, with 9 successful BC dungeon runs. You haven't done any WotLK dungeons yet. Yeah, you can burn through BC dungeons real easy (But you haven't done the harder ones. 1 Mana Tombs, 3 Slave Pens, 3 Underbog, 2 Auch Crypts).

Talk about how you don't need a tank when you've done the harder BC/starting WotLK dungeons.

yea it doesnt update instantly bud. ive ran high end BC and UP and never stopped chainpulling holding aggro on myself? you cant win this, ive done BC/WoTLK dungeons and never needed a tank yet.

Obvioius GearScore Lover Warning.

all it means is they haven't been grinding achivements, it has no bearing on how long or how much they've played.

as to you re-tard. gearscore and achievement points are totally different things... and no, i have never grinded achievements... ive played since vanilla, ive just been through tons of content. if someone has like 2400 between all their characters odds are they havent done !@#$, along with tending to not know %^-*.

then again, im not surprised so many people disagree with me. there are alot of awful people that play this game and cant comprehend being able to do the things that i can do... just the way it is these days i guess. pretty hilarious that people are still trying to "tell me im wrong" when i do this !@#$ all day lol. just sad really
Depend on situation if there is only one enemy and mistweaver monk use spinning crane kick then that mistweaver monk may use spinning crane kick to heal multiple friendly target around

Using spinning crane kick while no one injure and there is only one enemy is not effective
Oh, I can comprehend it, I'm just wondering if other classes are picking up the "tanking" slack as it were to make up for when you kick out the tank because he isn't playing at your speed. I'm also wondering if you're just getting lucky with groups that don't all have people that think like you (the pullpullpull oh you didn't pull those 5 groups fast enough, i'll get'em for ya mentality).
See, this just reminds me of the insane amount of warlocks leveling as Demo using the Demon Hunting glyph, then getting defensive when I yell at them about using it while DPSing in an instance (and thus constantly pulling threat (some even use their taunt), then complaining when they die).

Smart players know when they can stretch the bounds of their spec's role. Dumb players can't even manage their spec's normal role, much less stretching that to cover others. Basically, as many things do, this just boils down to smart players can do crap they shouldn't be able to, and dumb players can't do crap they should be able to.
10/03/2012 03:06 AMPosted by Kiirae
Oh, I can comprehend it, I'm just wondering if other classes are picking up the "tanking" slack as it were to make up for when you kick out the tank because he isn't playing at your speed. I'm also wondering if you're just getting lucky with groups that don't all have people that think like you (the pullpullpull oh you didn't pull those 5 groups fast enough, i'll get'em for ya mentality).

im pretty fair about kicking tanks. i dont kick tanks because they dont pull fast enough. if i want more mobs that i know i can heal through, then ill pull them to make it go faster. as long as the tank doesnt start complaining non stop or just all together stop attacking i dont say anything or do anything. most tanks get the idea when we do it and decide it is smarter to pull more and do it themselves. this isnt about the tanks that understand whats going on and take it into their own power to pull more. its about the ones that refuse to pull more (even though we can easily handle it) and then complain and stop attacking.

ive literally had paladin tanks tell me im garbage because they out dps'd me before i had AoE attacks not even realizing pally tanks !@#$ damage. ive had mistweaver monks tell me that the healer shouldnt attack, he should sit back and heal, i explained that mistweavers get AP from spell power and had to link the ability to him.... these kids dont even read their own abilities. this game is full of awful people and unfortunately you run into the majority of them while leveling toons.
Whiskey, everything you say just makes you look more and more like a childish jerk. Throw achievement points around? Really? The comment the other guy made about you being a GearScrore lover was extremely legitimate.

I see you've been playing since Vanilla, or maybe your brother or someone gave you your account. But back then, you learned manners, you learned how to work as a team and you learned how to be patient. Maybe you should look back on that and think a little bit about how bad this game has evolved over the past few years because of people like you.
Whiskey you are either an absolute horrid little troll or the type of player I hate in dungeons. In case its the latter.... I have been healing you or your mental midget twin brothers for the last 7 years and can verify you are wrong sir. You see there is people like me that is on vent with the tank..... Oh sorry right.... vent is where the rest of the player base has been laughing at you since you started entering that lovely world you call an instance. See we use it to communicate so that we can pull as quickly and efficiently as possible... although it appears you never noticed amidst your gleeful uber epeen 15-80 toned down instances like a champ..Where was I?

Right so the tank and I have been on vent laughing the first few times you pulled stuff thinking it kind of funny. Then I had to put down my cigar and use the ashtray because you pulled too much and now you're running back towards me....

2 minutes later with cigar again in hand me and the tank are rolling in laughter because we asked the rogue to ToT your silly !@#$ before vote kicking you. Oh and one more thing...be a real man and que healer and quit taking up what could be another dps slot... that just means more dps amirite?
10/01/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Pandalonium
What are your opinions on queuing for 5 mans as a DPS Mistweaver? I have tried this and so far I haven’t received any complaints. I seemed to compliment the main healer and I did enough damage to keep everyone quiet. I did run into a couple of players that demanded me to get in tiger stance. But I told them that I was actually helping out with heals and doing dmg. So they left me alone and let me do my thing. Worked out quite well for the group actually. And I didn’t bother rolling Need on the healing gear because I did feel that it would have been awkward. I just want to know if others have tried this and what do you think about it.

This will cease soon. around 80+ misweaver dps isn't on par anymore with properly spec/geared dps. Sure it's funwhile leveling, but as the class starts tog et defined, the dps will drop.

Early levels as a brewmaster i dropped BOF every pull and felt invincible. now i have to focus almost psycoticly on keeping BoK up so that my damage absorption is on par with other tanks.
Whiskey you are either an absolute horrid little troll or the type of player I hate in dungeons. In case its the latter.... I have been healing you or your mental midget twin brothers for the last 7 years and can verify you are wrong sir. You see there is people like me that is on vent with the tank..... Oh sorry right.... vent is where the rest of the player base has been laughing at you since you started entering that lovely world you call an instance. See we use it to communicate so that we can pull as quickly and efficiently as possible... although it appears you never noticed amidst your gleeful uber epeen 15-80 toned down instances like a champ..Where was I?

Right so the tank and I have been on vent laughing the first few times you pulled stuff thinking it kind of funny. Then I had to put down my cigar and use the ashtray because you pulled too much and now you're running back towards me....

2 minutes later with cigar again in hand me and the tank are rolling in laughter because we asked the rogue to ToT your silly !@#$ before vote kicking you. Oh and one more thing...be a real man and que healer and quit taking up what could be another dps slot... that just means more dps amirite?

LOL, first off, i pulled because every time you got near a group of mobs you stopped and stared at them instead of pulling... second off, why would you say i ran to you when i tanked the second boss, while healing myself and the group?... you and your "amazing lowest dps shadow priest" friend shouldnt be laughing at anything. you cant tank multiple mobs at once and he cant do damage... i can see why he threw his hat in the bucket at healing because he damn sure cant dps... and what are you talking about he ToTed me? i had all the aggro without it, hard to notice a difference lol.

all you have done is make my point, and to be perfectly honest i was expecting a vote kick the entire time. generally when to queens like you and your awful friend run on vent together are in the same group, it only takes 1 additional vote. honestly if i could have dropped the 2 of you i would have.

and please dont tell me about ventrilo... if your dumb !@# needs to be in vent to do WotLK non heroic dungeons then you are simply awful, most people use vent to do arenas and raids... you know those things with mechanics involved...